User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OOpps!

Hey drivers, Sorry I did not know that this existed!

They call me Instigator, I have been driving on and off for the past, well since 1982! I have over 17 years behind the wheel. I am origonally from Long Island New York, I ran the northeast for 16 years and I hate snow and ice!!

I now reside in sunny Sarasota Florida, have been here for the last 16 years and I love the deep south! Married with three children, 2 grandkids, ones moved out, ones in college, and ones a senior in HS. So I have to work some one has to pay for the education!

Starting a new job Monday driving for Double Bogey Transport hauling golf carts to golf coarses, nascar and running a flat bed OTR when I'm not running the carts. Money seams good lets hope the company is as good as they seem to be. Anyway, thats my story and I'm sticken to it!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 09-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, Instigator! I was born a yank but sure love the food down South much more.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Rookie
Location: We are located in michigan but looking for Owner operators in all 48 states

Hi

Its Bridgette i work for a carrier company always looking for drivers and loads :-) and as crazy as it sounds i love my job.
I pulled my boyfriend in and he just passed his exam and is learning how to drive the big monster :nixon:
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, Bridgette! Get your boyfriend in here, too! The more, the merrier.

Loving one's job is crazy only in that few people ever get to do so. Be glad for it!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Rookie

Hello everyone !
My name is Marvin, also should say my brother Calvin, because we have 2 trks & 2 trls and have our own authority together. I have been trucking for 25 yrs and finally in 1999-2000 we went out on our own. It's more work but i like the freedom and cutting out middlemen. Yea! After using brokers for awhile we found our own frieght( never stop looking ) and are on dedicated outbound loads and home every week, we have more home time now and have brokered some loads. Calvin has written Owner Operator software for us because nothing we tried was taylored for OO's. I have always been interested in the internet so i learned how to build website so we could make one for ourself. We try to do all the repairs we can ourself on the trucks too! SAVE money...
We just got interested in bowling again after 25 yrs (off the lanes). We bowl with friends from our favorite diner in town. (after we eat there ofcourse).
Nascar is cool ! fellow Missourian go Carl Edwards !
We love sailing so much we named our company after it. Haven't went to the Carribean British Virgin Island in 2 yrs now, watching the money carefully. Chartering a 40-50 ft boat and Capt. n crew it ourself, and with 2 or 3 friends for a fun 2 weeks.
Cal & i also are Ham Radio operators and certified Storm Spotters (not chaser ha !). We have radio in the trks too! We live about 10 miles from Joplin MO (the big F5 tornado 5/2/2011) Cal just missed it by 1 minute leaving on his run turnning south at the flying J !
I've learn many things from fellow truckers and shared my knowledge for what it is, hoping to find ways to better with all.
Marvin / Regatta Transportation Services LLC
Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Welcome Marvin, you will find some good information on this sight
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, Marvin (and Calvin)!

You and your brother are amazingly capable folks. Much respect to anyone who writes their own software to do what they need to do.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Rookie
Default Trying to get back behind the wheel

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting back on the road. I drove only for about a year and things came up and well, let the CDL go. Now I am in the process of starting all over. I don't mind though, I know what I am required to do and the cost associated with it. The loss of time, money and family. Such is the road warriors life?

So, back to school, on with a company, train Again, low pay!, no respect, beat me! Abuse me! Toss me beyond the shoulder!

My question to you. If you were to do it over, in the present economic environment, would you? And what if any, is there a better way?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Welcome, Rookie-Paul!

The road warrior's life is a tough one, indeed.

You'll find more action and questions to answers in the forums below, especially Anything and Everything. Good luck!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Rookie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]828[/ATTACH] Hello everyone I'm Lanta from Home Page.
I started my website a few months ago to help truckers study for the CDL hazmat endorsement. When I'm driving in my car
its apparent by the way truckers try to look down into my car that they love to look at women. So i came up with this creative way to let you truck drivers stare at my body while I try to figure out the best way to get paid for it ...) all my videos are on Youtube
at llantanafta's Channel - YouTube - The next project I'm working on will be a Youtube channel that profiles used bigrigs for sale in the DFW area. Rookie-Paul I guess you know that many guys rent out a tractor and trailer that you can use to take the CDL test. Just ask around at the local DMV and I'm sure someone will direct you the guy that rents them in your area. Some evem spend the whole day letting you practice in the truck and let you use it to take the test until you pass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0414.jpg (96.5 KB, 1 views)