User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dtrain plans to hit the tracks

professional drivers & good teachers: my name is Derek; I go by the call sign Dtrain. 8) I have been in transportation for over twenty-five years as a bus driver. :moose: I am embarking now on a career in otr trucking. Driving is something that I love to do. I got into bus driving over trucking years ago because "the freight walks on and the freight walks off." :lol: :lol: Now in trucking the freight doesn't talk back to you. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: When I settle in with a company I hope to see all you good teachers out on the big road!. Be cool on your stool; neat in your highback seat! Go safely; see you on the big road! :rock: :asta:
Old 12-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Rookie

My name is Tony and go by Elephantman. I've been married for 22 years and we have five children 5 years old to 21 years old. I've been a Local Driver for Rising Sun Express for the last 13 years, before that I spent 9 years in the military as a Aircraft refueler in the Air Force for 4 years and then as a mechanic in the Army for 5 years. We live in west central Ohio.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:29 PM

hmm a new area to post stuff in.... after 50 posts and reading the last 10 pages of every topic.... and after many hours of ready...scratch that, a few months.

OK my names steve, and im a alcoho.... scratch that wrong meeting.

ok my name is steve, no longer do otr, currently, doind a regional log haul mainly, sometimes get replaced by super B chip haul, im from canada, have made alot of dreams over the years and have followed thru with most of them, as i got older i realized i wasn't no super man so forget about the other ones.

I have some exp otr, mainly hauling stuff to someplace down south and bringing the same load back, ( never gonna understnad that).

I'm currnetly 30 yrs old, have had my share of Life experiences and have done and succeeded at a few businesses ive tried. (1 is currently on hold.... thank you verry much mr. bush.) oh ya and im canadian, not american.

I have no kids nor do i want any ( and people will say this changes), and freinds desribe me as laid back , relaxed and most of the time comical, not shure about that thou, Actually a few days ago i was talking to myslef as i was driving along and got into a serious debate abotu that comical part..... part that sucks is... i lost the debate! :twisted: :?:

oh ya some people call me a work aholic if im working for myself, min i will work if im working for myself is 12 hours, if im working in the bush ( forest) on my own machines i work 20 on 10 off shifts
I live in the great while its pretty close to north, not as far north as some people, but i do live just a hop skip and jump across the border, but its white all year around. winter ... dreaded snow, summer fog :shock:

umm ive been shacked up for a while now, and a freind just told me a new swear word the other day and it starts with a "F".

"FIANCEE" no im not anti marriage, just dont suit us.

and im the course of my working/ driving career, had my fair share of sh!t happen, not many stories to brag about, just alot of stories to learn from... always had good teachers that taught me "this is what not to do" and then showed me.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:35 AM
Rookie

Hi all, I am a 53 yr old female. I started driving a truck in 1980. I grew up in Detroit, MI but moved to IA when I married a truck driver from out here. I drove OTR for 15 yrs, then went local for another 5 till the old back/knees/hands gave out on me. I seem to miss driving more the longer I'm off the road. I've been home since 2000. I drove for Silvey
Refrigerated till they went under, tried Werner for about 2 months and ended up at Cornhusker Motor Lines OTR. Then I drove for an asphalt company, then for a railroad container co. I just stumbled across this site. I really miss talking to other people in trucking. I have one daughter that is grown and gone and 3 dogs.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Rookie

Hello Fellow Drivers I am Ed Villarreal 50 YO M from La Feria, TX. I am glad I found this site because I really need to let some steam out. And share some events I went through or should I say am going through.
Today is 12/24/05 I am in Dallas TX 500+ Miles north of my home town.
I am new here so I hope I am doing this right. I shall attempt to post a note about what I am going through in a forum hope some of you will read it. And thanks CAD and thank you fellow drivers for allowing me time and space.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:52 AM

howdy all. I am a 51 year old female o/o, have one daughter ( figured single mom one was enough), live north of Ft. Worth TX, haul rock and some oil field here, OTR in younger days, back on road in 92, off road to put girl in school, back to hauling rock, still have first baby I bought Feb 2, 1985 (a 73 KW), and have an 84 359 ex hood (just about the love of my life now), have one end dump trailer and one belly dump trailer, kissed a lot of frogs to find one good man and lost him Sept of 2004 after 3 and 1/2 yrs, ain't going thru 4 million frogs again to find another good one.......will marry my truck........he'll keep me warm in the winter, cool in the summer, make me a living and won't go out the drive way without me I name my vehicles, they're male cause I don't do females. KW is Rufus, Pete is Smoke, my 4 door pick up is Gus. I miss the road, but like my shower at home cause I was the last one in it. So that's me in a nut shell, just want to talk truck...........
Old 02-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Board Regular

It just occured to me that I never introduced myself properly.

My name is Grant, I am 15, and I live in the Texas Panhandle. I am all about trucks, and nothing else ever crosses my mind. I am going to make this place my home away from home until I reach my dream of being on the road. Hope you don't mind talking to a kid. Thanks to all of you for accepting me for who I am!

Grant
Old 02-08-2006, 11:53 PM

Grant, I think most of us have been where u r. Do what makes YOU happy, you're the one you're stuck with for life!!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Rookie

Well lets ge this out the way . My name is Terrence and Im 22 years old. I'm from the Detroit area and should be on the road Apr. or May. I've always wanted to drive Big Rigs because well, I've been around them all my life. I will be starting school Monday, which starts the voyage to the road.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Howdy.....Names Stan,but Flash or Flashmann is my online user name almost every MB and chat I frequent and will be my CB handle once I start on the road.....52 years old and ready to switch career paths. I've long wanted to be an OTR Driver,but for various reasons,through the years,got sidetracked.By the time I was old enough to do it,I had finished a 2 year apprenticeship in the Painters Union and didn't wish to throw that away by changing careers.Then kids came along and I wanted to be a Dad who was home every night.By the time the kids were grown and moved out,I was within a few years of being vested in the pension fund.Then,once vested,the Union lowered the retirement age to 55.which then was 9 years off.So I resigned myself to sticking it out,then moving on to another field,OTR being foremost in mind.

Anyway,due to being vested,and the trade and Union itself taking a disagreeable direction,I'm ready to move on now...Waiting to hear from a number of different schools and/or Company training programs,Swift to name one,and take the plunge..In fact the info/ap packet from Denvers United Truck Driving School just came as I'm typing this.Monday I have an appointment to see about the Sage school in Grand Junction,Co.

So if everything gets on,and stays on track,I'll look forward to meeting y'all at the fuel stops and rest areas..I hope to travel the 48 for a year or 2 then perhaps consider a dedicated run..