User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Criteria for closing a thread

Okay, REV... you have let threads go on LONGER that that one before closing them. I was trying to be "civil" and made it CLEAR that I had some points to rebut.

You KNOW that I can't PM, because IBADMIN put restrictions on our PM accounts that weren't THERE with the former administrators/owners.

YOU "edited" a post to make it easier to respond to because YOU thought the poster's comments were important. NOW.... you think MINE are NOT? :hellno:

I responded with civility to RostyC, and said we had MORE to talk about... but, YOU have decided we have no "freedom of speech" to do so? :hellno:

What gives? I had EVERY right to respond to the accusations being thrown at me due to my opinons on that thread, and I have been NICE up to this point!

Do you believe that it is fair for Twilight and Rosty and a few others to insult me, and make assumptions about what I believe and not let me respond? Is THAT your idea of being a moderator?

I don't BELIEVE so. I expect better of you, Rev. I stood up for your ability to be fair-minded and .... MODERATE!

I wanted to explain myself on that thead. I only have a few nights/days per week to do so. I don't have a laptop, and my workweek is pretty much constant.

I don't KNOW if you can "unlock" a thread, but if you can.... I suggest that THIS is a good time to do so.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 09-14-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

i'm gonna miss ya hobo. :tears:
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Okay, REV... you have let threads go on LONGER that that one before closing them. I was trying to be "civil" and made it CLEAR that I had some points to rebut.
The thread was becoming circular, and had deviated so far from the original discussion that it wasn't able to be saved short of deleting about half the posts in the thread. It had turned into a finger pointing contest, and frankly I'd had enough of it. If you look on PAGE 1 of the thread, you'll notice that I not only chastised those who were finger pointing, but also deleted the offending posts due to the nature of the attacks contained within. But as the thread progressed, it once again fell along those same lines.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, lock the thread.

Quote:
You KNOW that I can't PM, because IBADMIN put restrictions on our PM accounts that weren't THERE with the former administrators/owners.
No, golfhobo. You CHOOSE to not delete the old PM's out of your inbox, and as a result are unable to receive new PM's. This is nobody's fault but your own. There is a handy little tool contained within your PM box that allows you to download your PM's to any number of file formats. Perhaps instead of complaining about something you're CHOOSING to do, you should USE the tools available to you.

Quote:
YOU "edited" a post to make it easier to respond to because YOU thought the poster's comments were important. NOW.... you think MINE are NOT? :hellno:
I edited a post because it was a response contained within a quote, and he specifically apologized for doing so, as he didn't have time to properly format it. At that point, the discussion was still (for the most part) civil. Now it isn't (see the "finger pointing" mention above)

Quote:
I responded with civility to RostyC, and said we had MORE to talk about... but, YOU have decided we have no "freedom of speech" to do so? :hellno:
No, you didn't. You continued a finger pointing match that Rosty and others started. Had I caught it prior, his would have been the trigger. But your insistence that you were going to continue the finger pointing match prompted the closing.

Quote:
What gives? I had EVERY right to respond to the accusations being thrown at me due to my opinons on that thread, and I have been NICE up to this point!
And you did respond. You'll notice I didn't touch your post.

Quote:
Do you believe that it is fair for Twilight and Rosty and a few others to insult me,
No.

Quote:
and make assumptions about what I believe and not let me respond?
Short of the quick message I posted prior to closing the thread, last post was yours. Sounds like you got a response in there.

Quote:
I don't KNOW if you can "unlock" a thread, but if you can.... I suggest that THIS is a good time to do so. If not, you will find yourself locking EVERY thread I post on.... or BANNING me... in the next day or so while I'm off.
If that's a threat, I can nip it in the bud quite easily. If you'll notice in the TOS:

ClassADrivers.com. has a small team of forum moderators who act in the best interests of the board. Their job is to generally allow discussions to take place and ideas to be exchanged. They will step in and moderate in the event that a discussion gets out of hand. But do not lose track of the fact that they are the moderators and you are not. Let them do their job - they are tasked to keep the board running as smoothly as possible.

Finally, we want to explicitly call out that the concept of Freedom Of Speech does not apply on this forum. Because this forum is owned and operated by ClassADrivers and because we ask you to sign up and agree to these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to moderate any and all threads, private messages, emoticons, etc that we believe are not in the spirit of this community and in accordance with the guidelines spelled out above.

Now if you'd like, I'll go through and delete EVERY single part of EVERY single post that includes finger pointing, at which point I'd be happy to reopen the thread. However, if anyone chooses to use it as an opportunity to continue the finger pointing, they'll be having a nice little vacation courtesy of CAD.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
i'm gonna miss ya hobo. :tears:
I appreciate that, Freebird, but before I go....

I'm a photographer, and whoever took that picture of you for your avatar SUCKS!

1) It is too dark, they should have opened the lens exposure more to allow more light on your face. I don't know what you LOOK like.... or even if you're black or white! (not that it matters!)

2) They should have adjusted the height of the camera so that the ocean "horizon" wasn't trying to "decapitate" you!

I TOOK such a picture of myself when in Key West, and I had the SAME situation. But, it's a BAD combination and a BAD picture! I would NEVER admit to taking such a photo!

I WANTED to tell you about it long ago, but I didn't feel I had the RIGHT to make "moral" judgements on others. I see now that that is what makes THIS site "tick."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 09-14-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

1) It is too dark, they should have opened the lens exposure more to allow the light to hit your face. I don't know what you LOOK lide.... or even if you're black or white! (not that it matters!)

2) They should have adjusted the height of the camera so that the Ocean "horizon" wasn't trying to "decapitate" you!

I TOOK such a picture of myself when in Key West, and I had the SAME situation. Buit, it's a BAD combination and a BAD picture! I would NEVER admit to taking such a photo!

I WANTED to tell you about it long ago, but I didn't feel I had the RIGHT to make "moral" judgements on others. I see now that that is what makes THIS site "tick."
i will let the wife know that you don't approve of her photography skills. p.s... if my picture was better you would see that i am a black 350 lb. female

Last edited by freebirdrfd; 09-14-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: because i could
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i will let the wife know that you don't approve of her photography skills. p.s... if my picture was better you would see that i am a black 350 lb. female

:rofl::rofl::rofl::clap:
Old 09-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
With tatooes on both arms, and sunglasses that don't hide the mustache...

I have software that allows me to copy, paste, and enhance. I'd put you at about 35 to 40... Give or take about 5 years...:smokin::thumbsup:

Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Board Icon

Quote:

1) It is too dark, they should have opened the lens exposure more to allow the light to hit your face. I don't know what you LOOK lide.... or even if you're black or white! (not that it matters!)

2) They should have adjusted the height of the camera so that the Ocean "horizon" wasn't trying to "decapitate" you!

I TOOK such a picture of myself when in Key West, and I had the SAME situation. Buit, it's a BAD combination and a BAD picture! I would NEVER admit to taking such a photo!

I believe you need a WHOOOOOLLLLEEE LOT more practice on that one

Old 09-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
With tatooes on both arms, and sunglasses that don't hide the mustache...

I have software that allows me to copy, paste, and enhance. I'd put you at about 35 to 40... Give or take about 5 years...:smokin::thumbsup:
you forgot GOODLOOKING :smokin:
Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
you forgot GOODLOOKING :smokin:
Who??? Me??? Forgot???? Forgot nothing. I do not see you as good looking at anything. The truth is... YOU'RE NOT MY TYPE.:hellno: