User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
i will let the wife know that you don't approve of her photography skills. p.s... if my picture was better you would see that i am a black 350 lb. female
You are the skinniest, most pale 350 pound black woman I have ever seen. That is quite the lens your wife has.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Do you believe that it is fair for Twilight and Rosty and a few others to insult me, and make assumptions about what I believe and not let me respond?
I don’t know about others, but you be sure to show me where I insulted you. :roll: The closest I came was with:

Quote:
It’s the same damn thing, no matter how you try to spin it and if you say you don’t care, then you’re either a bald-faced liar or you are a cold-blooded SOB. People with a heart will care when the innocent are attacked.
That certainly wasn’t an insult and I stand by the wording of it. You’re trying to tell me that you wouldn’t care if pictures of your dying son was laid across a newspaper and I’m saying that you’re lying.

As far as my opinions on the subject of screwing over the family to sell a few papers, sure, they are pretty strong. I didn’t pull any punches and certainly won’t be apologizing for taking such a stance. I think the family got screwed and I think the AP and those that approved of what they did, are part of the problem of the dehumanizing of humanity. That’s my opinion and I’m not coming out with a retraction. You can think I’m a nancy-boy for taking such a stance and that’s your privilege. Of course, I wouldn’t give two shakes of a rats tail about your opinion of me, since that’s what opinions are all about. But you're entitled to think what you want, just as I am.

But when all is said and done, I know I can sleep well at night because I still believe in the rights of the individual toward freedom and happiness and I didn’t simply be quiet and turn my head when yet another instance of gross injustice was meted out by yet another industry that once championed the cause of the common man. As I said, people with a heart will care when the innocent are attacked.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
I don’t know about others, but you be sure to show me where I insulted you. :roll:
Yeah, I went through the entire thread and shut down all the posts that were insulting, and yours wasn't one of them. Just 2 by Rosty, and one by golfhobo. But I suppose if he throws your name in there, it lends the accusation more credibility.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
i will let the wife know that you don't approve of her photography skills. p.s... if my picture was better you would see that i am a black 350 lb. female
And apparently ..... um...... gay? :lol:

Not that THAT matters, either! lol.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 09-14-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Board Icon

The question still stands. Just WHAT in the heck IS the criteria for locking a thread? Just ANYTHING that pizzes off the REV?

I read that whole thread that I started about the Ft. Hood shooting, and the ONLY person getting out of hand was YOU, Rev! Granted, there must have been a post that you deleted, but even when HE came back, what he said didn't rise to the level of deleting, let alone locking OR banning.

I was actually enjoying the level headed responses by the Batman, and was looking forward to making some points and debating some points. But, I guess YOU got your panties in a bunch before I got around to it.

I sympathize with the normal and moderate Muslims, as does Twilight! YOU are the one who can't seem to differentiate.

But, one thing I don't seem to understand. Twilight insists he still has some mod powers.... Ridge Runner, Scoe, Gman and even a stray beetle or other mod jumps in now and then.... but, somehow YOU and YOU alone have all the power here? :hellno:

BTW, in case you decide to ban ME again..... you are WRONG about Sheperd Smith. He is the closest thing to a JOURNALIST with some ETHICS that Fox News HAS! I was just about to explain that to you when you threw your "hissy fit" and locked the thread.

The WHOLE media WORLD is discussing and debating whether or not religious fanaticism and indoctrination lead to this killing! It is a touchy subject.... and THAT is why Smith and Kay Bailey Hutchison were being so circumspect before announcing the NAME that they both had been given.

But, apparently..... we truckers are not intelligent enough to HAVE such a "free" discussion.... with a MODICUM of moderation when some ONE poster steps over the line. :hellno:

NO.... I WON'T take this to PM for reasons that should be CLEAR to you! I am asking for SOME kind of clarification of just WHAT topics we can discuss here, HOW we can discuss them.... and exactly WHAT "opinion" we should have so as not to be banned or have our threads LOCKED??!!

The TOS do NOT clarify these things in a manner that would JUSTIFY you locking that thread. I can read.

Give me a specific and detailed list of things we can and cannot talk about, and HOW we can talk about them..... OR..... quit letting your PERSONAL feelings affect your job as a "moderator."

BTW.... I thought you were in some kind of "abyss." I didn't exploit it, but enjoyed it. Apparently, even HELL had had enough of you... and spewed you out and BACK onto US!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Board Icon

In the Rev's earlier response to my questions, he quoted THIS from the TOS:

Quote:
we reserve the right to moderate any and all threads, private messages, emoticons, etc that we believe are not in the spirit of this community and in accordance with the guidelines spelled out above.
Wow... I guess even CAD knows that there is such a thing as a "spirit" of a regulation, law or guideline.

And I don't see how the REV, given his problems with "spirits" can be the ONLY one who decides what is "IN THE SPIRIT" of the discussions WE as the members want to have.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Board Member

The mods of CAD decide based off what they see is best and hopefully the TOS. Some threads are black and white. They need to be stopped some are in grey area and has to be at the mods descetion. If you try and keep everyone happy as a mod you'll never make it. Being a mod isn't an easy job, lol, been there done that and still do on one board.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
The question still stands. Just WHAT in the heck IS the criteria for locking a thread? Just ANYTHING that pizzes off the REV?

Sad to say.....it's starting to look that way

I read that whole thread that I started about the Ft. Hood shooting, and the ONLY person getting out of hand was YOU, Rev! Granted, there must have been a post that you deleted, but even when HE came back, what he said didn't rise to the level of deleting, let alone locking OR banning.

As soon as I read the story on a news site I came straight to CAD because I knew there would be a thread about it and I KNEW it would be locked in short order and by whom. Not that I agree that it should have been, just that it would.

I was actually enjoying the level headed responses by the Batman, and was looking forward to making some points and debating some points. But, I guess YOU got your panties in a bunch before I got around to it.

I sympathize with the normal and moderate Muslims, as does Twilight! YOU are the one who can't seem to differentiate.

But, one thing I don't seem to understand. Twilight insists he still has some mod powers.... Ridge Runner, Scoe, Gman and even a stray beetle or other mod jumps in now and then.... but, somehow YOU and YOU alone have all the power here? :hellno:

BTW, in case you decide to ban ME again..... you are WRONG about Sheperd Smith. He is the closest thing to a JOURNALIST with some ETHICS that Fox News HAS! I was just about to explain that to you when you threw your "hissy fit" and locked the thread.

The WHOLE media WORLD is discussing and debating whether or not religious fanaticism and indoctrination lead to this killing! It is a touchy subject.... and THAT is why Smith and Kay Bailey Hutchison were being so circumspect before announcing the NAME that they both had been given.

But, apparently..... we truckers are not intelligent enough to HAVE such a "free" discussion.... with a MODICUM of moderation when some ONE poster steps over the line. :hellno:

I guess you didn't get the memo ( maybe your in-box was full :rofl. We should not be allowed to talk about or debate anything outside of trucking because there are "some" here that cannot help themselves from clicking on a thread and reading something that they REALLY don't want any part of seeing or reading. We need Rev. to protect us from such things.

NO.... I WON'T take this to PM for reasons that should be CLEAR to you! I am asking for SOME kind of clarification of just WHAT topics we can discuss here, HOW we can discuss them.... and exactly WHAT "opinion" we should have so as not to be banned or have our threads LOCKED??!!

The way it works is: You ( someone ) starts a thread. Rev. comes in and posts his opinion. Any other post contrary to his post is subject to be deleted or the thread locked. That should be simple enough for even us dumb truckers to understand.

The TOS do NOT clarify these things in a manner that would JUSTIFY you locking that thread. I can read.

Give me a specific and detailed list of things we can and cannot talk about, and HOW we can talk about them..... OR..... quit letting your PERSONAL feelings affect your job as a "moderator."

See above.

BTW.... I thought you were in some kind of "abyss." I didn't exploit it, but enjoyed it. Apparently, even HELL had had enough of you... and spewed you out and BACK onto US!
My commits above will most likely be viewed to be in "bad form" to some as I am still considered a Mod. here. In general, as a rule we try to stick together on issues and keep things of this nature confined to the Mod. forum. Sometimes tho something needs to be said. This was one of those rare times.

I'm not very active here anymore because of personal time constraints so if my status as a Mod. is pulled because of this...... so what? In the past I have always tried to be fair to all parties involved in debate and not try to over moderate. I always felt like this group could always work through differences and not have to be shielded from a differing opinion. I think this is one of those times that saying nothing would be in worse form than what I said above. To say nothing is to condone it, and I do not in any way, shape or form.

Good luck,

Ridge

P.S. Hobo..... empty your in-box.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Board Icon

The thread is open. Go ahead and post your racist rants if you want. Since Ridge is rarely here to moderate, and GMAN doesn't moderate all that much, I guess it's free reign on CAD. Have fun.

And the thread was closed because it was full of hateful racist rants, which is against the rules you agreed to upon registering for this site.

But I refuse to be affiliated with a website that condones, tolerates, or encourages hatred and racism. So good bye.