User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default nobama

has anybody else thought it to be kind of odd that the so called president would want to talk to all the children nationwide at the same time? can you say subliminal messages to all the children?:hellno:
Old 09-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Honestly, he's the president and the titular leader of our country, so I wouldn't have any beef with him addressing the kids. "Stay in school, study hard, America is great, you could be like me, etc..." I got my little certificate from President Reagan after I did some pushups and situps and stuff when I was a kid. I thought it was great and nobody tried to indoctrinate me.

However, you'll have to count me among those who are very skeptical that the message this time will be so innocent and basic. They already passed out some kind of questionnaire for the kids to list ways that they can "help the president." No kid in this country has any duty to help any politician. Very bizarre that the phrase wasn't "help your country" or something to that effect, as far as I'm concerned.

It looks an awful lot like the president's little speech will be a foot in the door for math teachers to start telling third graders that their parents need to support a political agenda. Hopefully my suspicion will be wrong. For what it's worth, you can bet your last dollar that plenty of parents will be telling their kids to use cell phone cameras and such to record whatever goes on. If this administration hasn't learned that lesson yet, then they're even dumber than I thought. So the speech itself will likely be completely innocuous. Whatever comes afterward from the teachers will be the real story.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 09-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

i didn't know that this was happening until yesterday evening. the school called my cell phone with a recorded message that the president would address the nation's school children at noon on tues. i was very upset by this, as i already don't trust our president. the message itself maybe innocent enough on the surface, but again i don't trust him. i am planning to contact the school tues morning to see if there is a way i can be present to see what obama has to say to my children.

leave the parenting to me, that's my job. :angryblue:

to amend this - i found out the school is giving the parents an 'opt out' option. if you don't want your child to listen to the speech send in a note stating so. seems this option is being made available by several schools for the parents.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller

Last edited by mommee; 09-05-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99 View Post
Honestly, he's the president and the titular leader of our country, so I wouldn't have any beef with him addressing the kids. "Stay in school, study hard, America is great, you could be like me, etc..." I got my little certificate from President Reagan after I did some pushups and situps and stuff when I was a kid. I thought it was great and nobody tried to indoctrinate me.

However, you'll have to count me among those who are very skeptical that the message this time will be so innocent and basic. They already passed out some kind of questionnaire for the kids to list ways that they can "help the president." No kid in this country has any duty to help any politician. Very bizarre that the phrase wasn't "help your country" or something to that effect, as far as I'm concerned.

It looks an awful lot like the president's little speech will be a foot in the door for math teachers to start telling third graders that their parents need to support a political agenda. Hopefully my suspicion will be wrong. For what it's worth, you can bet your last dollar that plenty of parents will be telling their kids to use cell phone cameras and such to record whatever goes on. If this administration hasn't learned that lesson yet, then they're even dumber than I thought. So the speech itself will likely be completely innocuous. Whatever comes afterward from the teachers will be the real story.
My understanding is that the White House already changed the preplanned lesson material afterwards due to strong opposition from the center/right who sniffed this out.

Then I see Mark Gibbs, the sneering, arrogant press secretary, calling it "silly season" that parents were a little miffed about what was going to be presented after the speech.

Hey Mark, if it's silly season then why did you guys have to change the after lesson guide?

On a side note, is it just me or does anyone else out there notice how most things emanating from the Obama white house seem to be peppered with a heavy dose of arrogance and belittlement. Politics aside, I am not comfortable with a president who always needs to be telling me that either he knows better than me, is better than me or knows that other countries do things better than my country.

The fact is that Obama has an extremely high level of education and I'm sure he does know a lot but nobody can be an expert on all things. Furthermore, not everything we are or have been doing is wrong and needs to be changed, overhauled and ran by the government.

After a while it just becomes all about him and his need to placate his ego by being in the center of everything. Bush figured out after 9-11 that his focus would be on foreign policy and that's what he did, rightly or wrongly. Yes, I can easily admit that a lot of his policies were not very good especially the Iraq war with Rumsfield in charge.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:07 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

I just wonder what will happen after 4 or 8 years in office, this guy leaves and your guns are still there and the country has not been taken over in a coup. World didn't end...

Its amazing to see what all people will believe in...
Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
I just wonder what will happen after 4 or 8 years in office, this guy leaves and your guns are still there and the country has not been taken over in a coup. World didn't end...

go ahead poo poo it all you want, nobody has ever tried to force selective medical care down our throats before the ink has even dried!:hellno:
Old 09-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Board Regular

Quote:

and you can have a four bedroom house full of guns, and not a single bullet to put in them! they'll let you keep your guns,but the ammo is the kicker.:thumbsdown:
Old 09-06-2009, 01:16 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1catfish View Post
and you can have a four bedroom house full of guns, and not a single bullet to put in them! they'll let you keep your guns,but the ammo is the kicker.:thumbsdown:
You could have replied it all at once you know.....
Old 09-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Board Member

maybe he is just going to ask for help with his homework
Old 09-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:

I would be surprised if he will be elected to another term unless he declares martial law and suspends all elections. I am not sure this country can afford one term from this guy, much less two. They don't need to take the guns if they can prevent us from buying ammunition. By limiting shelf life or getting prices so high they expect to have gun control without taking the guns.