Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Although I detest some of the things this man has done in the past and some of the things he believed in as far as the role of our Government should play.... I am sad that a man has died. He leaves behind a family, that I am sure loved him, and he, them. With the exception of a few "death row" inmates, I can express NO joy in the death of someone. Although I differ greatly with his views on many subjects, I wish him to R.I.P.. He, as we all will, will have to answer to a higher power.

Just my .02,

Ridge
Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Although I won’t cheer and trumpet the man’s death, I will flatly state that I will shed not a tear for him. As far as I’m concerned, the man is/was evil to the core. His politics were so far liberal as to be scary; his actions nearly always smacked of self-preservation and ego-building, and he was never interested in the well-being of America, only in building his own power and getting his own pet projects pushed through regardless of the outcome to the common man or to the nation as a whole. He’s one of those men that put the ‘bad’ in politics. And don’t give me the talking points of what ‘good’ things he did. His few ‘good’ deeds were far outweighed by volumes and volumes of bad, regardless of what anyone says or thinks. That’d be like saying Charles Manson is a really great guy because he helped a little old lady across the street when he was 12. :roll:

While I have a modicum of pity for the family for the loss of their loved one, my own thoughts are that a dangerous man has been removed from a position of ultimate power that he held far, far too long. And that is something I am happy about, though I would rather have seen him removed long ago by conventional means – voting him out. However, since his constituency didn’t have the balls to do so and we haven’t gotten smart or strong enough as voters to force term limits, nature has done it for them.

And from a purely religious point of view, I hope he has to face Mary Jo before hell throws open the gates to welcome him.

Now before GolfHobo chimes in to castigate me for my coldness, allow me to briefly state that while I am not cheering his death, my feelings are justified, they are my opinions and in America, I’m still free to state them. At least for the moment. :moon:

Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I think he's driving a red Western Star with Booth on the door.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Board Icon

UPDATE: Still dead.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

UPDATE: Mary Jo Kapeckne still dead too.

Look folks, let's put politics aside. The bottom line is here was a man who couldn't figure out where and how to find a phone when he got in a car wreck that resulted in the drowning of his passenger, yet he wanted to be in charge of our health care.

No Thanks!!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:25 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
UPDATE: Mary Jo Kapeckne still dead too.

Look folks, let's put politics aside. The bottom line is here was a man who couldn't figure out where and how to find a phone when he got in a car wreck that resulted in the drowning of his passenger, yet he wanted to be in charge of our health care.

No Thanks!!
It was that pesky BAC thing…had to get that down to acceptable levels. :roll:

And of course, it’s always fun to watch the Teddy apologists kick Mary Jo under the couch, so they can espouse this ‘great’ man. uke: Every liberal rag and website in the world is infested with them right now.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
It was that pesky BAC thing…had to get that down to acceptable levels. :roll:

And of course, it’s always fun to watch the Teddy apologists kick Mary Jo under the couch, so they can espouse this ‘great’ man. uke: Every liberal rag and website in the world is infested with them right now.
APOLOGISTS??? C'mon TF! You're treading on a CFM/Belpre trademark there! LOL You are more than welcome to it, Sir!

I sure as hell miss you as the best ever Moderator on this board TF! No doubt about that!

That said. I sure am enjoying your new found ability to speak your mind. Rock and Roll Mike!

Might I say before you embark upon your new status as CAD rabble rouser? Welcome old friend. Nothing like some old fresh blood in the mix.

It shouldn't be long before we can get you fixed up with a 3 day ban Mike! LOL

Welcome back buddy. Hope that all is well on that end. And yes......I also hope that the first thing that filthy Teddy found in the afterlife was Mary Jo. He was such a ****ing coward!

Last edited by belpre122; 08-26-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:28 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
APOLOGISTS??? C'mon TF! You're treading on a CFM/Belpre trademark there! LOL You are more than welcome to it, Sir!

I sure as hell miss you as the best ever Moderator on this board TF! No doubt about that!
Don’t be fooled…I still have my keys to the executive washroom. I’m just not in a position where I can hit the board very much at all.

Quote:
That said. I sure am enjoying your new found ability to speak your mind. Rock and Roll Mike!
Eh…I’m not skeered. So I make Hobo mad. Wouldn’t be the first time. :thumbsup:

Quote:
Might I say before you embark upon your new status as CAD rabble rouser? Welcome old friend. Nothing like some old fresh blood in the mix.
Ain’t fresh anymore. I’m downright middle aged these days and it shows. I hate people more today than I did a few years ago.

Quote:
It shouldn't be long before we can get you fixed up with a 3 day ban Mike! LOL
Pshaw....that’s amateur status. I'm all about getting inducted into the Steve Booth Hall of Fame.

Quote:
Welcome back buddy. Hope that all is well on that end.
It is…life is just loads busier and not likely to settle down for another decade or so.

Quote:
And yes......I also hope that the first thing that filthy Teddy found in the afterlife was Mary Jo. He was such a ****ing coward!
Well, at least Hobo will have more than one target now. :lol:

Again, I’m sorry for his family and I’m not going to cheer that he’s gone, but the country is a little better and little safer with him silenced. Now, as long as they don’t stick another far-left wacko in his senate seat to pick up where he left off destroying this country, that’d be an improvement. Hell, I’d take a moderate leftie over what he was. Wonder who is going to take over leading Obama around by the ring in his nose now?