User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I can see I'm going to have a busy weekend! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Palin would have been a change. Obama is simply more of the same.
change? I suppose chaos and buffoonery would be change :hellno:

The woman quit her job... was elected by the populous and up and quit....

Oh yeah.. it is a woman's prerogative... Palin reminds me of Emily Litella...
Old 07-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Senior Board Member

YouTube - Hitler Finds Out Sarah Palin Resigns
Old 07-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobry4u View Post
change? I suppose chaos and buffoonery would be change :hellno:

The woman quit her job... was elected by the populous and up and quit....

Oh yeah.. it is a woman's prerogative... Palin reminds me of Emily Litella...
Why such a hater ? stop getting your info from lefty idiot news outlets, tired of everyone being a villan if they don't think like you ( us ).
Same old bull sh^T politics, that's why our country is implodeing.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the improved link. That thing is freakin' hysterical! The other "Hitler finds" clips on YouTube are too; nobody gets any respect. Great stuff if you like to laugh.

You could do, say, "Hitler finds out his CR England lease isn't what he thought it was," or "Hitler's truck gets hit in a truck stop," or "Hitler finds out his appointment time means nothing, it's a hand stack and fingerprint load, and no lumpers are allowed," or "Hitler learns his Swift CDL is invalid." Or . . .

These things all are from the German film "Downfall" about A**H***'s freaked-out last days in his bunker; you can watch the whole thing--in segments and with English subtitles--on YouTube.

Hey, there's even a YT "Hitler gets Rick Rolled" clip. I know someone here will like that.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Why such a hater ? stop getting your info from lefty idiot news outlets, tired of everyone being a villan (villian) if they don't think like you ( us ).
Same old bull sh^T politics, that's why our country is implodeing (imploding).
I don't hate Ms Palin. I don't hate anyone. I just don't think she is of the right stature or capacity to be the Head of State or a governor or even leader of a PTO meeting. And you apparently have no idea where I get information therefore your remark is quite asinine.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Board Icon

Windwalker said:

Quote:
Dear Hobo, Please keep in mind the fact that for the rest of us,
The rest of WHOM? You mean the minority 40% that would vote for Palin? Or do you claim to speak for EVERYONE but me?

Quote:
even an "air-head" would be far better than the current "business as usual".
Excusing, for the moment, that such a claim is completely assinine and detrimental to the well-being of our country... may I point out that we/you HAD an "air-head" for the last 8 years? And if Obama is just "business as usual," then why are all of you against him? What "scares" US, is precisely the fact that Palin would have been "more of the same" mentality and expertise. :roll:

Quote:
You voted for a "change". You got a change. The President has darker skin, and the price tag went from $154 Billion to $3.7 Trillion.
There are a LOT of numbers being thrown about these days, mostly by Republican mouthpieces, and I've been busy. So, please forgive me if I'm not sure what you refer to. The only thing close to this I can find in GOOGLE is something about the Japanese stimulus plan. Can you please explain this more clearly for this "stoopid" Democrat?

Quote:
OH, we'll get "clean air" legislation, and overlook other things that will affect our environment, like the liquid hydrogen that escapes into the atmosphere.
I'm SURE I'm not the scientist that YOU are, Windy.... and it's been years since I aced all my classes in that subject.... but let me take a stab at some of this:

Maybe I'm wrong but, I would think that in the LIQUID form, hydrogen isn't going to "escape" too far.

Quote:
Hydrogen is one half the atomic weight of helium,
Sorry, but not true. The atomic weight of Hydrogen is 1. The atomic weight of Helium is 4. If I didn't fail MATH, too.... that would be 1/4th the atomic weight. Oh..... I get it ... you are referring to the fact that Hydrogen is a "diatomic" element (requiring two atoms to make a molecule) whereas Helium is "monatomic" requiring only ONE. Yes.... that would mean that a MOLECULE of Hydrogen is 1 half the atomic weight of a MOLECULE of Helium. Why didn't you SAY so? :lol:

Quote:
and filters up in our atmosphere to the outer reaches of earth's envelope, and from there, lost in space forever.
Again, given my limited scientific knowledge, I'm not sure I agree. If our "atmosphere" doesn't keep it from escaping then it surely wouldn't keep it from "entering." Given that Hydrogen constitutes nearly 75% of the UNIVERSE, I'm quite sure that as we sail through that void, we are awash in it. Not to mention that it is constantly being "produced" from methane gas.... and the cow population is ever increasing on our planet.

THEN.... you have to consider that Hydrogen is one of the most "attractive" and easily combined elements on Earth and exists in our atmosphere at a level somewhere way below 1 percent, whereas.... Oxygen constitutes 21 % of our atmosphere. Being that BOTH are attracted by the static properties of dust and smoke that permeate our atmosphere, I find it difficult to believe that MUCH of it (Hydrogen) gets past the Oxygen without combining into water vapor.

Quote:
So, for each molecule we lose, we lose that much of our water supply.
The fact that for AT LEAST the last decade or more the Earth's ocean levels have been RISING would tend to refute that claim. Probably somewhat due to the increased amount of dust and smoke in the atmosphere being a catalyst for FORMING water vapor from the H and O elements surrounding us.... as well as the melting of the ice caps on both poles.

Yes..... I know that we have experienced increasing levels of DROUGHT lately. But, look at the proximity of those areas to the equator (the warmest part of Earth.) This can easily be explained by "global warming."

As the Earth warms, especially around the equator, the resultant WINDS (HEATED AIR tends to move away from the source of the heat) force the water vapor AWAY from the equator into more northern and southern climes. When that increased water vapor meets frigid atmospheric air (caused by depletion of the ozone layer which allows colder air in from space) it produces more SNOW. Hmm.... we've had record SNOWS in artic climes lately! And when that "window" moves about the Earth, it is replaced by warmer (more insulated) air dense with smog and particulates... causing slightly warmer temps in those areas.... which means the water vapor falls as RAIN! Hmmm.... we've had more FLOODS lately! This also explains the melting of the ice caps.

Quote:
But that's not in vogue right now, so nothing is going to be done about that.
Again, I disagree. The changes in our climate and the resulting changes in ice caps, rainfalls and droughts... are very MUCH "in vogue" right now. The prevailing "science" is that ALL these factors are caused by the "insulating" effects of carbon pollution and its detrimental effect on the "protective" layer of OZONE in our atmosphere.

Just for a simple example: Destruction of the ozone layer (proven) allows more heat from the sun to reach our planet. Coming as UV rays, it is not "shielded" by the clouds and pollutants. (That's why we BURN more on a cloudy day... and that's what the OZONE layer does.)

However, the resulting HEATING of the surface IS prevented from "escaping" by the insulating effects of the pollution.

Now.... I ain't no scientist. But, I tend to believe what I'm hearing because (to ME anyway) it all makes sense. I may not be able to explain it all to everyone's satisfaction, but at least I'm not ridiculing the science behind it like Sean Hannity and most of the Conservative mouthpieces do!

Quote:
Palin would have been a change.
In WHAT way? She subscribed to nearly EVERY principle of King Dubya! And what she didn't know (which was immeasurable) she was "schooled on" by Dubya's advisors!!!

Quote:
Obama is simply more of the same.
Then WHY are the Republicans coming out of the woodwork to attempt to discredit him? Your argument makes NO SENSE, and has no basis in fact. The ONLY ones running "scared" these days, are the "big Industry, big MONEY fellatiating, "pocket stuffing politicians" who have Rubber Stamped the raping of America for far too long!

And they've got YOU and too many others convinced!

No offense intended, Windy! Good discussion of sorts. Thanks for the challenge.

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Windwalker said:

The rest of WHOM? You mean the minority 40% that would vote for Palin? Or do you claim to speak for EVERYONE but me?

Excusing, for the moment, that such a claim is completely assinine and detrimental to the well-being of our country... may I point out that we/you HAD an "air-head" for the last 8 years? And if Obama is just "business as usual," then why are all of you against him? What "scares" US, is precisely the fact that Palin would have been "more of the same" mentality and expertise. :roll:

There are a LOT of numbers being thrown about these days, mostly by Republican mouthpieces, and I've been busy. So, please forgive me if I'm not sure what you refer to. The only thing close to this I can find in GOOGLE is something about the Japanese stimulus plan. Can you please explain this more clearly for this "stoopid" Democrat?

I'm SURE I'm not the scientist that YOU are, Windy.... and it's been years since I aced all my classes in that subject.... but let me take a stab at some of this:

Maybe I'm wrong but, I would think that in the LIQUID form, hydrogen isn't going to "escape" too far.

Sorry, but not true. The atomic weight of Hydrogen is 1. The atomic weight of Helium is 4. If I didn't fail MATH, too.... that would be 1/4th the atomic weight. Oh..... I get it ... you are referring to the fact that Hydrogen is a "diatomic" element (requiring two atoms to make a molecule) whereas Helium is "monatomic" requiring only ONE. Yes.... that would mean that a MOLECULE of Hydrogen is 1 half the atomic weight of a MOLECULE of Helium. Why didn't you SAY so? :lol:

Again, given my limited scientific knowledge, I'm not sure I agree. If our "atmosphere" doesn't keep it from escaping then it surely wouldn't keep it from "entering." Given that Hydrogen constitutes nearly 75% of the UNIVERSE, I'm quite sure that as we sail through that void, we are awash in it. Not to mention that it is constantly being "produced" from methane gas.... and the cow population is ever increasing on our planet.

THEN.... you have to consider that Hydrogen is one of the most "attractive" and easily combined elements on Earth and exists in our atmosphere at a level somewhere way below 1 percent, whereas.... Oxygen constitutes 21 % of our atmosphere. Being that BOTH are attracted by the static properties of dust and smoke that permeate our atmosphere, I find it difficult to believe that MUCH of it (Hydrogen) gets past the Oxygen without combining into water vapor.

The fact that for AT LEAST the last decade or more the Earth's ocean levels have been RISING would tend to refute that claim. Probably somewhat due to the increased amount of dust and smoke in the atmosphere being a catalyst for FORMING water vapor from the H and O elements surrounding us.... as well as the melting of the ice caps on both poles.

Yes..... I know that we have experienced increasing levels of DROUGHT lately. But, look at the proximity of those areas to the equator (the warmest part of Earth.) This can easily be explained by "global warming."

As the Earth warms, especially around the equator, the resultant WINDS (HEATED AIR tends to move away from the source of the heat) force the water vapor AWAY from the equator into more northern and southern climes. When that increased water vapor meets frigid atmospheric air (caused by depletion of the ozone layer which allows colder air in from space) it produces more SNOW. Hmm.... we've had record SNOWS in artic climes lately! And when that "window" moves about the Earth, it is replaced by warmer (more insulated) air dense with smog and particulates... causing slightly warmer temps in those areas.... which means the water vapor falls as RAIN! Hmmm.... we've had more FLOODS lately! This also explains the melting of the ice caps.

Again, I disagree. The changes in our climate and the resulting changes in ice caps, rainfalls and droughts... are very MUCH "in vogue" right now. The prevailing "science" is that ALL these factors are caused by the "insulating" effects of carbon pollution and its detrimental effect on the "protective" layer of OZONE in our atmosphere.

Just for a simple example: Destruction of the ozone layer (proven) allows more heat from the sun to reach our planet. Coming as UV rays, it is not "shielded" by the clouds and pollutants. (That's why we BURN more on a cloudy day... and that's what the OZONE layer does.)

However, the resulting HEATING of the surface IS prevented from "escaping" by the insulating effects of the pollution.

Now.... I ain't no scientist. But, I tend to believe what I'm hearing because (to ME anyway) it all makes sense. I may not be able to explain it all to everyone's satisfaction, but at least I'm not ridiculing the science behind it like Sean Hannity and most of the Conservative mouthpieces do!

In WHAT way? She subscribed to nearly EVERY principle of King Dubya! And what she didn't know (which was immeasurable) she was "schooled on" by Dubya's advisors!!!

Then WHY are the Republicans coming out of the woodwork to attempt to discredit him? Your argument makes NO SENSE, and has no basis in fact. The ONLY ones running "scared" these days, are the "big Industry, big MONEY fellatiating, "pocket stuffing politicians" who have Rubber Stamped the raping of America for far too long!

And they've got YOU and too many others convinced!

No offense intended, Windy! Good discussion of sorts. Thanks for the challenge.

Hobo
well, you got him, good luck with all that. try not to blame bush the whole 4 years.:hellno:
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member

[QUOTE=dobry4u;456463]I don't hate Ms Palin. I don't hate anyone. just don't think she is of the right stature or capacity to be the Head of State or a governor or even leader of a PTO meeting. And you apparently have no idea where I get information therefore your remark is quite asinine.[/QUOUTE]

What's a PTO ? Yea I could see why you would want some Chicago thug community agitator that hasn't done sh^t and has no experience.
AMERICA as we know it is over, thanks lefty azzwipes.....
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post

What's a PTO ? Yea I could see why you would want some Chicago thug community agitator that hasn't done sh^t and has no experience.
AMERICA as we know it is over, thanks lefty azzwipes.....

PTO is Parent Teacher Organization.....

Name calling ... nice touch