User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The Selling Off of America. GM sells Hummer brand to China.

So I saw this morning that GM had agreed to terms to sell off Hummer but they would not name the buyer now this afternoon it is coming out that they have agreed to terms with a big Chinese company. What does everyone think about this? What will go to China next, it seems like everything in this country is destined to belong to China and our government seems to encourage it. The government is pretty much in the drivers seat at GM right now, they urge and push GM into filing bankruptcy and re building the company and they start by making one of the latest moves a sell off to the country that already owns half of the country anyways. What does everyone else think about it? When will it stop or is this country on a road at this point that we wont be turning around from. A couple of more years and there wont be anything left to sell to China,they will have it all including the deeds to our homes.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbomber3.0 View Post
So I saw this morning that GM had agreed to terms to sell off Hummer but they would not name the buyer now this afternoon it is coming out that they have agreed to terms with a big Chinese company. What does everyone think about this? What will go to China next, it seems like everything in this country is destined to belong to China and our government seems to encourage it. The government is pretty much in the drivers seat at GM right now, they urge and push GM into filing bankruptcy and re building the company and they start by making one of the latest moves a sell off to the country that already owns half of the country anyways. What does everyone else think about it? When will it stop or is this country on a road at this point that we wont be turning around from. A couple of more years and there wont be anything left to sell to China,they will have it all including the deeds to our homes.

Obama is doing a wonderful job of wrecking this country, is it to early to chant 4 more years 4 more years ?
America had better wake up before our country is no more.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
Obama is doing a wonderful job of wrecking this country, is it to early to chant 4 more years 4 more years ?
The country was already wrecked when Obama took the oath of office.

As to the sell off of this country's industries.... Nixon, a Republican made the first openings with China....and big business saw the advantages of paying slave wages in other countries.... Big Business tends to be Republican in nature, and the Republican Party is the Party of big business. That's "simple historical fact"....

Before you place "blame" you should have your facts straight.... GM made the decision to either close out or sell Hummer in June of 2008, when the REPUBLICANS were in power..... Go figure, huh?

BREAKING: GM to close 4 truck plants, may sell or close HUMMER

This PDF is a full run of economic indicators covering a spread of years....and if you look at them....you can clearly see that the severe downturn of the economy began around the middle of 2008....while the White House was in Republican hands.... Go figure, huh?

http://www.dallasfed.org/data/data/us-charts.pdf

Something else that's interesting is that "normally" when a Republican gains the White House, unemployment nationwide "increases", yet when a Democrat is in the White House unemployment claims decrease and employment increases...... Keep in mind though that the numbers present in the first months of this year are a direct result of the severe recession that began during the last administrations time in the Oval Office....

http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp

No, I'm not a Democrat, nor am I a Republican....I'm an NPA.... (No Party Affiliation) and registered to vote that way.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Last edited by Skywalker; 06-03-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
I saw a bumper sticker like this today and love it!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Neither party has done a good job of taking care of this country. I do find it interesting that it is very difficult to find anyone who will admit to voting for Obama. Prior to the election there were quite a few who admitted to voting for him. CHANGE?? I will say one thing for Obama. He has kept his word. He did promise change. He has certainly delivered on this promise.

In fairness to Bush, he did short circuit a potential financial disaster after 9/11. We did not have an attack in this country while he was in office. I do think he went along with the liberals on too many issues.

It is usually under the democrats that we have gotten into a war. WWII, Korea and Vietnam were all started under democrats. Inflation tends to be higher under democrats. Jimmy Carter comes to mind with this one. We had interest rates and inflation over 20%.

Republicans typically have a hands off when it comes to the economy and running business from the oval office. Democrats usually go after more control and higher taxes. If you check tax rates they are also usually higher under the democrats. Bush is the first Republican in recent history to have gone after our freedoms with the Patriot Act.

Republicans tend to be more for people accepting personal responsibility for their actions and smaller government. Democrats typically want government to take an active role in people's lives and for people to not be held responsible for their actions. Republicans lower taxes, democrats raise them.

There seem to be about as many liberals in who call themselves Republicans as Democrats. Many liberals switched from the Democratic party to the Republican party during the time of Reagan. It was likely the only way they could have been elected during that time.

Both parties seem to do what they want. There is mutual cooperation for an expanded government. People are slowly awakening from their cerebral slumber and beginning to realize that the government is moving quickly to take over this economy and our freedoms are in jeopardy. Perhaps it is time for one or more additional political parties. These two are much too powerful and don't seem to have the interests of the citizens at heart.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Neither party has done a good job of taking care of this country. I do find it interesting that it is very difficult to find anyone who will admit to voting for Obama. Prior to the election there were quite a few who admitted to voting for him. CHANGE?? I will say one thing for Obama. He has kept his word. He did promise change. He has certainly delivered on this promise.

In fairness to Bush, he did short circuit a potential financial disaster after 9/11. We did not have an attack in this country while he was in office. I do think he went along with the liberals on too many issues.

It is usually under the democrats that we have gotten into a war. WWII, Korea and Vietnam were all started under democrats. Inflation tends to be higher under democrats. Jimmy Carter comes to mind with this one. We had interest rates and inflation over 20%.

Republicans typically have a hands off when it comes to the economy and running business from the oval office. Democrats usually go after more control and higher taxes. If you check tax rates they are also usually higher under the democrats. Bush is the first Republican in recent history to have gone after our freedoms with the Patriot Act.

Republicans tend to be more for people accepting personal responsibility for their actions and smaller government. Democrats typically want government to take an active role in people's lives and for people to not be held responsible for their actions. Republicans lower taxes, democrats raise them.

There seem to be about as many liberals in who call themselves Republicans as Democrats. Many liberals switched from the Democratic party to the Republican party during the time of Reagan. It was likely the only way they could have been elected during that time.

Both parties seem to do what they want. There is mutual cooperation for an expanded government. People are slowly awakening from their cerebral slumber and beginning to realize that the government is moving quickly to take over this economy and our freedoms are in jeopardy. Perhaps it is time for one or more additional political parties. These two are much too powerful and don't seem to have the interests of the citizens at heart.
Another party? What party do you recommend? In the entire history of America there has never been any other party to be elected. I certainly wouldn't want anyone from the green party, and independents never make it very far.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I was talking about an independent party. I would not want the Green Party or similar party in our government. We have had a few independents elected to state and congressional offices. I seem to recall one president who was elected who didn't have a major party affiliation. I could be having a senior moment. We do need to elect people to office who know how to read the constitution and will follow those guidelines. Both parties seem to follow their own agenda's these days which are not necessarily that of the people. I think the Democrats are worse than the Republicans but both are at fault. I think Ross Perot made a lot of sense in some of the things he said when he ran for office. It is unfortunate that he seemed to go off the deep end during the election year. Ron Paul also makes a lot of sense on some of his statements. But, he also comes off as somewhat odd at times. If we are to turn this country back around it will be necessary for the people to become involved and make their views known. We have a government that is spending money at an unprecedented rate. As they continue printing money inflation will begin. We are already seeing some prices rise. It would be better if we kept what we have, but I would like to see at least one new party with seats in both houses. It would take some of the power away from the two major parties. I don't think it is in the best interest of this country to have a single party with control of the White House and both houses, whether the party is Democrat or Republican. When we have a single party in total control there is no checks and balances. The party becomes the governing factor. We need to elect people of conscience. We also need to elect average citizens to office rather than lawyers. Regardless of party affiliation, lawyers have a common denominator and will often go along with one another when they should stand up for their principles. Lawyers seem to lack principles and a strong moral compass. If you doubt what I am saying then just look at congress. Most are attorneys.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
Another party? What party do you recommend? In the entire history of America there has never been any other party to be elected. I certainly wouldn't want anyone from the green party, and independents never make it very far.
The system was originally built to only allow two parties, thus all of the power could be more easily controlled by the "elect-ed". There are only two "recognized" parties in this country and they fight tooth and nail to prevent the "legal recognition" of any others.

Over the years, I have become more and more disgusted with the system in place..... it is fraught with corruption and gerrymandering.... When one party worries about loosing a seat in some body or another....they restructure the "districts" to make them work for their party and that basically "rigs" the elections in favor of one or the other.

Here is an article that makes some interesting points....on both sides of the coin:

Failure of the Two-Party System in America: Third Party Candidates Could Take the 2008 Elections | Suite101.com

Another interesting read: Myths and Lies of the Two-Party System

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
We also need to elect average citizens to office rather than lawyers. Regardless of party affiliation, lawyers have a common denominator and will often go along with one another when they should stand up for their principles. Lawyers seem to lack principles and a strong moral compass. If you doubt what I am saying then just look at congress. Most are attorneys.
I think our country has too many lawyers as it is, I'm quite sure they're also a part of the reason healthcare isn't too good over here.
Mal-practice lawsuits being encouraged and fought over stupid things like a patient flailing around wildly and the shot being injected wrong due to this.

Anywho, more real world experience in something other than an climate-controlled office would be more of a start than anything.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
How long you been with us on this board? Remember when I was running for the Oval Office? Sure you do. Did I get your vote? Huh? I can't hear you....