User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
OMG When has government run anything right ?
Admittedly...rarely. Seems major warfare is about it.... We can only hope for the best.....

Quote:
war on drugs
A bad joke....:thumbsdown:

Quote:
war on poverty
Another bad joke....:thumbsdown:

Quote:
medicare & social security
These programs have had their value...though they could have been administered better, and structured much better. Their intent was good, and in this day and age...many of the recipients have a dire need for the money.....through no fault of their own. Its a pity Congress violated Federal Law and repeatedly tapped the funds for other purposes....

Quote:
how are these government handout programs doing, remember it's about intentions not results.
No argument on the first couple of programs....they are bad jokes at best. Medicare and Social Security have had many good results. Unfortunately in this country millions of people have worked their lives raising families and have had to struggle and without any kind of pension provisions and wages low enough to make it prohibitive to provided enough savings to render a retirement income. Not everyone in the country can be a salaried CEO or other executive entitled to a "golden parachute".... There was once a time that good companies kept employees and even provided for pensions...but those benefits went by the wayside adding to the bottom line....and then the jobs went elsewhere.

Medicare..... doesn't pay as much as people think. A catastrophic event....even a heart attack...with Medicare coverage...the left over bills not covered....can be phenomenal. I know people in my community...retired wealthy....who've had those catastrophic events in their lives....and even with supplemental insurance....they've been walloped hard by the bills not covered by their insurance and medicare....

I guess at present the only alternative is to return to a feudal society where we just cast off the poor, sick and weak....let them die of illness or starvation....rather than keep them safe.

Social Security is paid for as much by the recipient as the deduction paid by the employer. Medicare is funded the same way.

Keep in mind....one does not have to be 65 or more to receive either of those benefits. All one has to do is end up incapacitated to a certain degree.... regardless of age and the benefits are there....and they are not easy to get.

Picture yourself....being in the mid-30's and having a massive heart attack or a stroke that makes you 100% disabled..... Do you have enough savings or funds to support you and cover your medical bills until you can get SS? And then it takes about two years after you get SS for Medicare to kick in..... Can you cover the cost of medical care and medication? Many, many, many people have gone into bankruptcy because of issues like this. Even with health insurance.....

Quote:
Ya please tax me some more for stupid programs that don't work.
I can see many reasons to reshape things.... and the war on drugs and poverty is definitely a pair that should be.... But overall I am less worried about being taxed for new stuff....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Senior Board Member

GolfHobo.....empty your inbox....for PM's. Tried to send you a message but your box is full.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Something interesting about China buying Hummer....

Chinese Hummers Just a Sign of the Times by Ian Mathias

Old 06-05-2009, 03:38 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
GolfHobo.....empty your inbox....for PM's. Tried to send you a message but your box is full.
HaHa!! Get in line! :lol2:

Seriously, now that I have a few pressing committments off my back, I will try ONCE AGAIN to do so this weekend. I'm having some trouble downloading all my PM's and there are things in there I don't want to lose.

Meanwhile, I have posted my email addy before, and you are welcome to use it. Using some spaces to confuse the bots.... it is Cat(the number 3)ears.... AT.... aol.com.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.