That was the first thing I noticed. I was like, "nice radio."

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What is a local driver doing with a big radio? Heck I got a Galaxy 949. I tell ya what for being a bone stock Galaxy I easily get out 10-15 miles and that is running with a Enforcer 15KW antenna and road king mic.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post

Quote:
Double L asked:

Rev now runs CAD and Twilight left but why?
Twilight left because he took a new position within Heartland Express which limited his available time online.
See.... if you READ it right, you answered the wrong question! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Well, I suppose it will be up to Golfhobo and myself to save your company. After all, someone has to do the work. Those union people won't have time to work due to taking so many breaks. :lol:
Well, first off.... what would a LOCAL company need two OTR drivers for anyways? Oh, I know.... to BRING them the stuff they shuttle around town all day! :lol2:

So, without us.... they HAVE no company!

Therefore, considering the preeminent value we provide the company, let's renegotiate. Since Bel has already had to hire a SECOND local truck to handle all that we bring in, we have now earned TWO OTR trucks. Not that I wouldn't enjoy teaming with ya, GMAN.... but, you know what they say about too many bosses on a truck!

We'll each take a newbie as a co-driver so they get trained PROPERLY (as opposed to LOCAL driver training.) I'll flip ya for who has to take Kevin! Okay.... best 2 out of 3! :lol:

Now.... since neither of us will work for "Werner wages," we'll have to bump that up to 33% of the load to each of our trucks. Since we'll both be TEAM trucks, the freight will continue to flow regularly without wasteful downtime sitting in truckstops. (This will require that YOU take over the dispatching, and leave Bel to push pencils like most dispatchers do.)

That leaves 33% for the owners to split after paying all that overhead for their big corporate offices, and 33% to cover the LOSSES for the other two trucks where union wages, benefits and insurance settlements for property damage are eating the company alive! Bel can keep busy counting increments of hours spent on each activity that must be 'cost accounted" for in triplicate.

You and I... and our "mentees".... will see the country, deal effectively with shippers and receivers, and not WHINE when things don't go as planned. We'll just "git er done!" and pay our own insurance if we need it from our HUGE weekly settlements. (We'll also be able to outfit our rigs the way we LIKE them, and not have to pack it all up in a bag each night like the "slip-seaters" will.)

This will allow more time for the owner and dispatcher to deal with all the whining from the "local" guys who HATE their jobs and all the backbreaking work they have to do each day unloading trailers, sitting in traffic, bumping tiny docks in back alleys, etc.

However, if our best efforts are not enough to overcome the general ineptitude of company owners, or the high costs of local drivers, and the company still hits the skids..... there's one thing for certain:

WE won't have any problem finding another job with our years of OTR experience! WE won't be on CAD asking for ideas and opinions of how to get a job in trucking where no companies will accept our "local" experience.

WE'LL just "keep on truckin'" the way it was meant to be! :lol2::lol2:

BTW... what does a "local" driver need with a radio that puts out 15 miles?? :hellno: Or a "sleeper" truck (with an APU,) for that matter? Give 'em a 1/4 day cab and a sack lunch! Oh, and don't forget the TIMECLOCK!! :moon:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Message from Double L, CEO of Double L Trucking Company:

I'm sorry to announce but due to economic hardship I'm forced to make some management changes. Belpre is demoted from supervisor/dispatcher to OTR driver making .15 cents per mile running the Northeast for 46/52 weeks on the road with 6 weekends off spread throughout the year. :lol2: Now your wondering who will replace Belpre I decided the new dispatcher will be Gman and I'll put GolfHobo and Hawk Jr. in a team truck and they get more home time and more benefits along with making .50 cents per mile between them running back and fourth from Ohio to Texas to California. :lol2: Also we have a name change and the company is now called Double L Trucking Company: "No matter what you need hauled or were Double L can get the job done!"

Belpre I'm very sorry to annouce your demotion but I hope you continue to provide excellent service as an otr driver running the Northeast for .15 cents per mile staying out on the road for 46/52 weeks with 6 weekends off spread out throughout the year. :lol2:

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Double L

Last edited by Double L; 02-15-2009 at 07:02 PM.