User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Double L...

i was looking back at some old post and i never seen the one where he said he was about to buy a truck until today... And boy must i say he was a complete tool!!! but on another note i want to know how's he holding out tho... did he even get the business started.. his last post was 3 months ago...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Board Icon

He left the site after that, although I believe he lurks from time to time. He never did get the truck, and is going back to school.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Board Regular

hopefully he is off somewhere just being an 18 year old kid. drinkin, screwing, ya know, the normal stuff for an 18 year old.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd112488 View Post
hopefully he is off somewhere just being an 18 year old kid. drinkin, screwing, ya know, the normal stuff for an 18 year old.

Yeah those were the days eh?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Double L is a good kid. I am glad that he went back to school. I think he can do well once a few years pass and he gets his education. I really liked his enthusiasm. Hopefully, he will keep that zeal as he gets a little older.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks to Fredog for pointing this topic towards me. I been in school but the job was apart of Co-op (work study program). The deal fell through and also got laid off at the first of the year cause they wanted someone full time. Right now I'm getting ready to get my HS diploma here in May and I'm waiting to hear if I'm accepted to a college getting an associates in accounting and a bachelors in management. So that is the latest on me. Yes I know I was a complete fool for wanting to buy a truck and thankfully I'm glad I didn't cause of the economy right now. So yes I do deserve to be called a fool so go ahead and throw ya stones at me!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
Thanks to Fredog for pointing this topic towards me. I been in school but the job was apart of Co-op (work study program). The deal fell through and also got laid off at the first of the year cause they wanted someone full time. Right now I'm getting ready to get my HS diploma here in May and I'm waiting to hear if I'm accepted to a college getting an associates in accounting and a bachelors in management. So that is the latest on me. Yes I know I was a complete fool for wanting to buy a truck and thankfully I'm glad I didn't cause of the economy right now. So yes I do deserve to be called a fool so go ahead and throw ya stones at me!
May I suggest another course of study, even if just as a back-up? There are already a whole lot of MBAs out there, and a bachelor's of management will get you assistant manager at Wendy's... No, I'm not joking. Wife went through the program for management, and they only way she'll get a job is to start a business and create the opening herself. There are a number of MBAs out here that are unemployed. Accounting won't do much better than doing someone else's taxes at H & R Block. I don't know how you do with technical fields, but something like "electro-mechanical" could have openings. Keep in mind that the recruiters for colleges do pretty much the same as the recruiters for trucking companies. They tell you a lot of good things, but you learn the truth when you get out of school.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
Yes I know I was a complete fool for wanting to buy a truck and thankfully I'm glad I didn't cause of the economy right now. So yes I do deserve to be called a fool so go ahead and throw ya stones at me!
Nobody wanting to throw stones at you little brother. We were all concerned, and didn't want to see you make a huge mistake that could have had long reaching consequences. We're all happy to hear that you made the right choice! Most of all, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are all glad to have you back with your dysfunctional CAD family!:lol:

You've surely been missed, Hoss! I'm glad you're back.

You weren't being a fool. You were just an intelligent, motivated young man about to make a foolish mistake due to impatience. Us older fogies saw that,(and more importantly most of us have already made that type mistake) and just wanted to stop you from signing away your youth. We we're just watching your back.

Now, can we have our Double L back? Good. He's been missed.

Last edited by belpre122; 02-11-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Double L is a good kid. I am glad that he went back to school. I think he can do well once a few years pass and he gets his education. I really liked his enthusiasm. Hopefully, he will keep that zeal as he gets a little older.
Excellently put GMAN. No doubt that Double L's great qualities will only get better as he ages. We can expect big things from our young Double L!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Larry, you know I was watching this, too...and I'm glad you didn't buy a truck. You have to follow your dreams but, sometimes, you can't til later. Believe me, I know. I'm glad you are going to college. I have a Bachelor's degree. Things are tough all over and having a Bachelors degree nowadays is about like having a H.S. diploma used to be. If you can at all stand it, think about staying in school for more than just a bachelors. My niece just graduated with a double major from Texas Tech (economics and finance). She's still looking for a job. Knowing how you are, you might also think about getting a teaching certificate along with your degree, so you can have that option, too. When I watched my niece's graduation, I noticed that many more people now than before are adding that to their degree program. You got it going on right now! You are on the right track - stick with it. And never stop dreaming big...you can't reach a goal unless you have one.

Humphry Davy