User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Unhappy I'm not qualified....

If you recall, before we got all this fancy new software, I had a blurb on the bottom of each of my posts stating that I am a "WRITE-IN CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES". Well... I just now, got told, to my face, that I AM NOT QUALIFIED...

I do not play around with other women..................."Slick" Willie Clinton

I am not a recovering alcoholic...............................G., W. Bush

I am not a recovering drug addict............................ Obama

I don't remember just where I read it, but I do remember, now that it was thrown in my face, that in his early years, he did do drugs. How much and what kind, I do not know. But it made me wonder.

We've had guys come on here and ask advice because they were caught dirty on a UA, We have a lot of people on this board that have absolutely NO tollarance level for anyone that has used drugs. All a poster has to do is admit to having used drugs in the past, and they are nearly tared and feathered and driven off. Yet, we also have people on this board that are staunchly going to support someone that has used drugs in the past and try to put him in the highest office in the country.

So, my questions are genuine. I do not have the answers because I have never used drugs. I have no idea what they do to you or for you. So, my understanding is likely to be way off target here. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Young people turn to drugs because they have a problem with REALITY... Correct?
Taking drugs smooths out the bumps of life and makes life tollerable....... Right?
Isn't the Office of the President of the United States a safety sensitive position?
If we do not want another administration like the past recovering alcoholic, why would we want one from a recovering drug addict? Are drugs better than alcohol?

Just asking, because I don't know. It just seems to me that we would want someone that was able to take life as it came without any kind of chemical support. We've had plenty of that "RECOVERING FROM CHEMICAL SUPPORT" in the past. Haven't we had enough of it?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Does using drugs make you an addict?

I hope not.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

If I recall correctly, John F. Kennedy seriously abused prescription drugs and IV amphetamines via Dr. Feelgood...Max Jacobson (remember....Bay of Pigs/summit meeting/Nikita Khrushchev/Vienna?). Who says drug use is unacceptable? As long as you are "recovering". He was ALL better by the Cuban missile crisis.

Humphry Davy
Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Board Icon

YankeeTURBO said:

Quote:
Well... I just now, got told, to my face, that I AM NOT QUALIFIED...
You were lied to. There is nothing in the constitution that would disqualify you... or the others you list here.

Quote:
I do not play around with other women..................."Slick" Willie Clinton

I am not a recovering alcoholic...............................G., W. Bush

I am not a recovering drug addict............................ Obama
As usual, your post is a little over the top because of its outrageous and misleading claims. There is no proof anywhere that Obama was ever addicted to drugs. He grew up and grew out of them. He is not recovering from anything.

Quote:
I don't remember just where I read it, but I do remember, now that it was thrown in my face, that in his early years, he did do drugs. How much and what kind, I do not know. But it made me wonder.
Old news. Glad you finally heard about it. But, it didn't JUST make you wonder, it made you jump to a faulty and irrational conclusion that anyone who ever tried/experimented with drugs was somehow an ADDICT.

Quote:
So, my questions are genuine. I do not have the answers because I have never used drugs. I have no idea what they do to you or for you. So, my understanding is likely to be way off target here. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
You admit that you don't have the answers, but you've already formed an opinion??

Quote:
Young people turn to drugs because they have a problem with REALITY... Correct?
Not necessarily. There are many reasons. Peer pressure has more to do with it than problems with reality. But, reality CAN suck!

Quote:
Taking drugs smooths out the bumps of life and makes life tollerable....... Right?
Not necessarily. In some cases, people do have problems dealing with life. Some use street drugs to cope....others go to doctors and get legal and so called "acceptable" narcotics to cope. It sounds like YOU draw a distinction.

Quote:
Isn't the Office of the President of the United States a safety sensitive position?
I would say so, yes. And JUST like our own industry, there is no reg against use or experimentation in the PAST. ONLY for using while performing the job.

Quote:
If we do not want another administration like the past recovering alcoholic, why would we want one from a recovering drug addict? Are drugs better than alcohol?
Personally, I don't blame Bush's poor decisions on his recovering status. I don't think it affects his performance. I wouldn't expect an effect from a recovering addict either..... but, then again.... Obama is NOT ONE!

Quote:
Just asking, because I don't know. It just seems to me that we would want someone that was able to take life as it came without any kind of chemical support. We've had plenty of that "RECOVERING FROM CHEMICAL SUPPORT" in the past. Haven't we had enough of it?
You might be surprised how many of our presidents have had similar problems in their lives. People are not perfect.... especially YOUNG people. But, while we're on the subject, do you not think that SOME of McCain's "anger management" problems are not caused by Vietnam era PTSD?? Probably untreated? You want a guy with his finger a foot from the "button" who can't control his temper?

Do you people really believe all this crap you are spewing about Obama?? Even McCain says it isn't true! Or are you just the Tokyo Rose of the modern era.... broadcasting LIES and fearmongering?

It seems to me that YOU might be having problems dealing with reality. Try some drugs! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 10-23-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
Does using drugs make you an addict?

I hope not.
Are you suggesting you can become an addict WITHOUT USING them?:eek2::eek2:
Old 10-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTURBO View Post
You heard it from a typical right wing crazy source who can't be trusted. It was printed in some State Senator from Il autobiography, I think his name was Obama or something. Clearly not a credible source (I would put a smily in here but I still can't figure this board out)

He admitted to using drugs, much like Clinton, or Bush have. I have never heard he was addicted.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
YankeeTURBO said:

You were lied to. There is nothing in the constitution that would disqualify you... or the others you list here.

As usual, your post is a little over the top because of its outrageous and misleading claims. There is no proof anywhere that Obama was ever addicted to drugs. He grew up and grew out of them. He is not recovering from anything.
Too bad you can not see both sides of an issue. Listen to yourself. You were right there to know that he experimented a couple of times and that was the end of it. He did not require any kind of help through any withdrawl from them. You were right there, weren't you? You do not have anymore proof than I have. And, I had not thought about it until it was brought up to me.
But, of course, you're right. We do believe in being innocent until proven guilty. You're right.

Quote:
Old news. Glad you finally heard about it. But, it didn't JUST make you wonder, it made you jump to a faulty and irrational conclusion that anyone who ever tried/experimented with drugs was somehow an ADDICT.
Let he that is without sin cast the first stone... I have NEVER touched any of them. Have you? Can you honestly say that trying anything like that does not leave a lasting memory? And, again. How far into it did he get involved? Did he try it once and walk away from it? Or did it go on for a few years? Do you honestly know? You don't. But, he is innocent until proven guilty, I'll give you that.

Quote:
You admit that you don't have the answers, but you've already formed an opinion??
Yes. I have an opinion about ANYONE that has ever used drugs.

Quote:
Not necessarily. There are many reasons. Peer pressure has more to do with it than problems with reality. But, reality CAN suck!
And, this election is likely to be no exception.

Quote:
Not necessarily. In some cases, people do have problems dealing with life. Some use street drugs to cope....others go to doctors and get legal and so called "acceptable" narcotics to cope. It sounds like YOU draw a distinction.
In my view, there most certainly is a difference between LEGALLY PRESCRIBED, and SELF-PRESCRIBED when it comes to controlled substances. Not that the doctors that are doing all the prescribing know what they are doing either, but they are expected to know more than we do.

Quote:
I would say so, yes. And JUST like our own industry, there is no reg against use or experimentation in the PAST. ONLY for using while performing the job.
You might want to check on company requirements on that one. I have not, recently, but I remember looking about a year or so ago, and with some companies, if you have EVER had any kind of conviction for drugs, you will NEVER drive for them. Not real sure, but I think UPS is one of them. If you have ever had a DUI, you will never drive for CFI (Conway Truckload). If you were "CAUGHT" experimenting in the past, it certainly does follow you and come down on you.

Quote:
Personally, I don't blame Bush's poor decisions on his recovering status. I don't think it affects his performance. I wouldn't expect an effect from a recovering addict either..... but, then again.... Obama is NOT ONE!
Do you have documentation to prove that or is that your opinion?

Quote:
You might be surprised how many of our presidents have had similar problems in their lives. People are not perfect.... especially YOUNG people. But, while we're on the subject, do you not think that SOME of McCain's "anger management" problems are not caused by Vietnam era PTSD?? Probably untreated? You want a guy with his finger a foot from the "button" who can't control his temper?
For what it's worth... I don't believe I have ever spoken out in favor of McCain either. I do believe he is the lessor of the two evils, but far from desireable.

Quote:
Do you people really believe all this crap you are spewing about Obama?? Even McCain says it isn't true! Or are you just the Tokyo Rose of the modern era.... broadcasting LIES and fearmongering?
Did you ever get beyond your Dad's Theology? Like into a class on psycology? (I know I didn't spell that right, but go ahead and correct me if you feel like it.) There's a fancy term for it when someone gets angry because someone else saw smoke and realized there could be a fire there. Like a little kid that does something, then gets mad when someone else finds out about it. Read your own posts. See if anything looks familiar. Have you been equally touchy about things said about McCain?

Quote:
It seems to me that YOU might be having problems dealing with reality. Try some drugs! :lol2:
Thanks, but no thanks. After all these years, I really don't think there is all that much that I have been missing out on. But, you go ahead and be my guest.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Board Icon

Why does this seem so TYPICAL from Obama Supporter mentallity?

Quote:
McCain volunteer claims attacker cut 'B' into face

10/23/2008 6:16:00 PM
Associated Press/AP Online

PITTSBURGH - A campaign volunteer for John McCain told police she was robbed at knifepoint at an ATM and knocked down by a man who then carved a "B" in her face after noticing a sticker for the presidential candidate on her car.

Police said the woman, 20-year-old Ashley Todd of College Station, Texas, refused medical attention. An officer saw the injury, but the police report did not describe its size or severity, a police spokeswoman said.

Todd reported the attack late Wednesday. She was to be reinterviewed by investigators late Thursday.

"We're looking at all angles at this point," said Diane Richard, a spokeswoman for Pittsburgh police.

Todd told police she was withdrawing money just before 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man approached her from behind, put a knife to her neck and demanded money, police said. She said she gave him $60.

The robber then noticed the bumper sticker, punched her in the back of the head, knocked her down and used the knife to carve a "B" on the right side of her face, the woman told police.

It was unclear what the "B" was meant to symbolize, Richard said.

Richard said the woman was unfamiliar with her surroundings and was unable to tell police which way the attacker ran.

McCain spokesman Peter Feldman confirmed that the woman is a campaign volunteer but declined to comment further.

The Republican candidate and his running mate, Sarah Palin, called Todd on Thursday afternoon to express their concern, the campaign confirmed.

Police said no police photo had been taken of the woman Wednesday, but by Thursday afternoon a purported picture of a woman with a "B" scratched into her cheek was circulating on the Internet.

(This version spelling of police spokeswoman, Richard sted Richards.)

A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Or are you going to tell me this is FAKE?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Not fake but I have also seen reports on the web of Obama supporters being attacked. Let's face it we have no shortage of wackos in the good ole' USA
Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTURBO View Post
Are you suggesting you can become an addict WITHOUT USING them?:eek2::eek2:
I don't remember suggesting that. Are you suggesting that if you do use that you are an addict?