LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 02:27 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
It's official then,the sky is falling the sky is falling.........
No, it's not falling. But it's changing like never before. I'm pretty confident who's going to come out on top when it's all over. :thumbsup:

Old 10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Board Icon

I don't buy into the hype that if Obama gets elected, then all hell will break loose as far as the government is concerned. I expect that it will be more inaction from the government, and none of the "change" that is being promised will be implemented. There is little difference between the two candidates.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I don't buy into the hype that if Obama gets elected, then all hell will break loose as far as the government is concerned. I expect that it will be more inaction from the government, and none of the "change" that is being promised will be implemented. There is little difference between the two candidates.
I agree 100%.

For me I am not going to support anyone who wants to continue the so-called war in Iraq.If they want to move all the troops to the areas that actual support and abide Al-Qeada then I am all for it,but the false reasons for getting into Iraq is enough for me not to support those people.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I think both Osama and Michelle Obama are racists based upon statements that I have heard them say since he has been running for the presidency. He has turned his back on his white ancestry. It is odd that he would leave to be a this white grandmothers side when he has made statements that she was a racist. I have read articles written by well educated blacks who don't think that Obama will be good for the country or the black community. Not everything is about race. I don't think race has anything to do with whether he or anyone else is qualified to be president. Character and experience matter more than race when it comes to running or holding office. In listening to the news this morning it sounds like he is running against Sarah Palin rather than John McCain. I think someone needs to explain to Obama that he is running against McCain rather than Palin. Certainly, Biden isn't being held up to the same scrutiny as Palin. His experience or qualifications to be president aren't being questioned. I don't think anyone is really qualified to be president the day they take office. They must grow into the position. I would much prefer someone with business experience to lead the largest corporation in the world than a lawyer who has never held a real job in his life. I would much rather have the chief executive of a state as president than a lawyer who has never held a real job. Obama and Biden seem to be afraid to run against McCain. Instead they attack Palin. I admit that they have been successful with many people. I have spoken to many who think Palin is inexperienced and not qualified to become president. Yet, experience doesn't seem to matter when it comes to Obama or Biden. I am not sure where their logic comes in to think that Obama and Biden are qualified. They have no idea how to run a business, meet a payroll or pay taxes. Both these democrats want to disarm this country and increase our taxes. Democrats fear an armed America. I am amazed at how they can misinterpret the constitution to fit their personal agenda. I think they fear Palin's ability to connect with the average American. She is a straight shooter who doesn't beat around the bush. They don't know any other way to deal with her but to attack.
I don't know that "CORPORATE AMERICA" has been doing that much better for themselves either. From where I'm standing, business experience doesn't seem to count for much more than "HOW WELL CAN I LINE MY POCKETS", and "HOW BIG IS MY GOLDEN PARACHUTE".
Old 10-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Senior Board Member

I am writing in the Rich Uncle of Donald Duck for President.

What was his name? and I am not kidding either.
My state votes blue no matter what I vote and frankly I wish there was a green or orange state color option.

Wouldn't that be cool to see the election pan out, the reds.... no the greens..... wait a minute........ out of no where came the Pinks. The pink states Won.!!!!!

or just
None of the Above? I think that was popular one time.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
...Both these democrats want to disarm this country...
This is one part that bothers me a lot...

From WWW.ISRA.ORG:

Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson Issues Open Letter to Nation's Sportsmen Regarding Obama's History in the Illinois Senate

CHICAGO, Oct 15, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The following is the text of an open letter to the nation's hunters and sportsmen issued today by Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson:

Fellow Sportsman,
Hello, my name is Rich Pearson and I have been active in the firearm rights movement for over 40 years. For the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association.

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama's attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than does Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let's not forget Obama's pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN's international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people's money to fund his campaign to take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I'm sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called "American Hunters and Shooters Association(AHSA)" talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and how he honors the 2nd Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash. The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive private reserves. The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I'd like to remind you that I'm a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation's outdoor traditions. The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him.

That's the Barack Obama I know.

The ISRA is the state's leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Founded in 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of millions of law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.

This press release was posted on PRnewswire.

Posted Wed Oct 15 18:44:24 CDT 2008

Humphry Davy
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose View Post
blah blah propaganda
"MY group knows better than THEIR group. You should only listen to me because they are crazy."

:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:
Old 10-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
QFT!, and most of us will not notice any difference no matter who gets elected.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:27 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I heard on one of the news shows this morning that Hussein has raised more than $700 million dollars all together. He will outspend McCain by a wide margin during the closing days of the campaign. I wonder where all that money came from? If elected, Homaas will have a friend in the White House as well as the congress.

And true colors run deep,
I expected better of you
Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
"MY group knows better than THEIR group. You should only listen to me because they are crazy."

:roll2: :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:
Good Morning, Colin. I'll play..."No...YOUR group is better than mine". :bow:

Sorry, but neither one of those are MY groups (I don't even live in freaking Illinois...but I like to read about what is relevant to me). The website where I got it is totally legitimate. The link was forwarded to me by the County Attorneys Office in (name left out to protect the innocent from brainwashed zombies......), Nebraska. I just happen to be of the same opinion. I may be just be one of the little people with a tiny fear that my right to protect my family is going to disappear...but MY FAMILY is worth protecting (plus, I want to keep my stuff that I've worked hard to get...I'm in Texas, I can stilll shoot their criminal ass...they're not protected YET). It is also my opinion (which, last time I asked...people here told me I do still have the right to have one) that people like you just need to crawl back under that (ba)ROCK where you came from...all nice and cozy and disillusioned - don't worry about anything because he's gonna keep his thug-ass, pimp-hand strong. The point is...if it is so BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, just don't read it...turn your head, close your eyes...SOMETHING. I never asked YOU to listen/read if you didn't want to! You're just in it for the fight. Do you think Barack needs you...he doesn't need you - he's got the whole Middle East behind him. He's not going to be there for the peasants like they are for him...I don't have a hard-on for either Obama OR McCain...but I'm okay with McCain's background. I'm not okay with Obama's. There are things that will change with Obama that I don't want changed...like the gun control issues. I felt that people here were intelligent enough to take the valid points from that ISRA letter and toss aside the rest of the crap...but, :hellno:, some are NOT!

Humphry Davy