User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

This thread wins for the funniest thread of the year. No nominations - it wins hands down.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Rookie
Question Looking for post CDL in jail.

Correct me if I am wrong, But was their a long debated topic on someone who got their CDL in prison? And when they got out they could not get a job?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, I do remember that. The inmate that hauled currency to all the Federal Banks through a contract with the Treasury Department. I think he did that for like 20 years? Then when he got out of prison Swift, Werner, CR England and a couple other carriers turned him down because he was a felon?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Board Regular

Cross country house arrest, that is a new one.:rolleyes: I know a guy that was really on house arrest and had a real ankle bracelet. He was allowed to leave his house at a set time every weekday and had to be back at a set time, period. That is how that works.

There ain't no way a convicted felon , let alone two are going to be allowed to roam around the country together unsupervised. I can see it now, they cut their ankle bracelets off, leave them in the truck and split, never to be heard from again.:eek:
Old 10-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

How is a felon going to afford smokes, beer, and hookers on only $125/mo.
That seems like cruel and unusual punishment.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 AM
Board Icon

You just never know..........

http://www.state.sd.us/News/showDoc.aspx?i=10011

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom...es/080529.html

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Board Regular

I would say that part of what Martindvrca was told was probably true, some of it was pulling his leg. I know in Texas, there is a program to train offenders and obtain a CDL upon their release. Following graduation from the program, the offenders are offered a "job" for the remainder of their incarceration driving a truck, delivering supplies from one prison to another. I have seen as many as 6 convicts driving trucks, convoying along with one guard (unarmed) following along to supervise. The offenders involved in this are all incarcerated or non-violent crimes. This is one of the most desirable jobs in the Texas Prison system for offenders as as such, none of them have attempted escape (at least up until now). He probably saw federal prisoners driving commercial vehicles at the truck stop but I doubt that they were in fact delivering public cargo, but in fact were delivering cargo to a federal prison or agency.

__________________________________________________ __________

thebaldeagle, formally known as thebaldeagle655 but due to numerous attempts to regain that login, the name has been changed to protect the guilty!
Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle View Post
I would say that part of what Martindvrca was told was probably true, some of it was pulling his leg. I know in Texas, there is a program to train offenders and obtain a CDL upon their release. Following graduation from the program, the offenders are offered a "job" for the remainder of their incarceration driving a truck, delivering supplies from one prison to another. I have seen as many as 6 convicts driving trucks, convoying along with one guard (unarmed) following along to supervise. The offenders involved in this are all incarcerated or non-violent crimes. This is one of the most desirable jobs in the Texas Prison system for offenders as as such, none of them have attempted escape (at least up until now). He probably saw federal prisoners driving commercial vehicles at the truck stop but I doubt that they were in fact delivering public cargo, but in fact were delivering cargo to a federal prison or agency.

__________________________________________________ __________

thebaldeagle, formally known as thebaldeagle655 but due to numerous attempts to regain that login, the name has been changed to protect the guilty!
Im sure it was something along these lines. Frankly im tired of talking about it now. Pulling my leg somewhat? Possibly,But i saw what I saw and relayed what they said here. No biggie,didnt mean to make anyone feel the need to step in with their chest out on a internet forum.ha. And for all clarification with the JB HUNT thing for once and for all, He stated JB HUNT HAULED FREIGHT FOR THE DOC,AND ONCE THE CONTRACT WAS OVER THEY DIDNT RENEW IT.Maybe that was clear enough.And no I never stated that they were delivering to anyone outside of the prison system either. I didnt say murderers and rapists were out driving trucks. Thanks baldeagle for your input makes alot of sense Part time dweller,didnt you say you werent even a driver at all? Just a wanna be who couldnt hack it right? lol.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:28 PM

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/NewsRoom...es/080529.html\

So part time dweller is this article golfhobo posted far off from what I initially stated?.Or did I create that article as well as some grand conspiracy to keep this going? Youre a moron who had no response that even resembled intelligence. Or to the other poster who said there is no "pilot program",didnt they state in that article that there is in fact one? stupid bastard.Before you try to confront somewhat maybe you should research,instead of trying to base your judgement off of your own (limited) knowledge.

Last edited by MartenDrvrCA; 10-11-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia dept of corrections
The participants must have impeccable institutional performance and conduct records, meet all Department of Driving Services requirements for licensing and agree to repay training costs. Graduates of the program will be licensed CDL drivers, and upon transferring to a Transitional Center, will begin employment and repay the cost of training, prior to their eventual release date.
Hmm thats weird,says they are employed and begin to repay back their training cost BEFORE release... But I guess its still all lies.hahahaha.But once again I hacked into the Dept of corrections georgia website and created this information.