User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
So, your definition of liberal and conservative is based solely on spending?
No.

Quote:
What bill did Dubya veto before 2006? I wasn't aware of one. I thought it all started in 06.
July 19, 2006: Vetoed H.R. 810, Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2005, a bill to ease restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. Override attempt failed in House, 235-193 (286 needed).

This was prior to the election, and under the Republican majority.

An interesting statistic: 33% of Bush's vetoes have been overridden. To find a President with a higher override percentage, you have to go all the way back to ANDREW JOHNSON. Your claim holds absolutely no water whatsoever. The Democrats have been extremely successful in overriding Bush's vetoes.

Quote:
Where did I say I didn't want policy based on the knowledge that history repeats itself?
You said:

Quote:
I don't want our military policy based on historical or personal references to the Vietnam War.
So if we are repeating history, wouldn't it be prudent to look at the Vietnam War, so we can try not to make the same mistakes (which are already happening)?

Quote:
So, tell me Rev.... you still impressed by Palin?
I never was, and I challenge you to produce any proof otherwise. You assume I consider myself a Republican or a "neocon", which is what Bush and McCain are. I don't. That's basically a conservative Democrat, which I am not. None of the major players in this election has my vote, because I refuse to hold my nose while voting.