User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well I can tell you that we, in Alberta, know this lady quite well, as she has worked directly with our provincial gov't to get the oil & gas pipelines & leases sorted out between our province & her state. So anybody who says she has no international negotiating experience is blowing smoke.

But, as usual, if the libs don't like something they yell & scream & name call...just like small, unruly children.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Well I can tell you that we, in Alberta, know this lady quite well, as she has worked directly with our provincial gov't to get the oil & gas pipelines & leases sorted out between our province & her state. So anybody who says she has no international negotiating experience is blowing smoke.

But, as usual, if the libs don't like something they yell & scream & name call...just like small, unruly children.

:shock: :shock:

LOL...And how did you get a Katt in this fight??

:wink:

I sure wish there was a Popcorn eating emoticon for this board!!
Old 08-30-2008, 02:42 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Ohhhhhh GolfHobooooooooo ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
If he does.... the free World will be led by a 44 year old woman who was the mayor of a small town in Alaska, with less than 2 years experience as a Governor of a state that, by all accounts, shares NONE of the problems of the rest of America.
Let's just hope that she has a great ass.

It wasn't too awful long ago that not only was the free world led by a former Hollywood actor, but the Soviet Union was brought down, in large part, by his efforts/tenacity.
In case you haven't noticed, Bel..... I was a BIG fan of Reagan! And I give him EVERY "prop" for the way he handled the Soviet Union (even tho they were nearly bankrupt, and had little choice.)

[Just a note: They were bankrupt because of military expansion into areas where they had no business being, and the exhorbitant cost of maintaining their MIC to compete with ours..... i.e: they spent all their money on WARS and WAR preparation, and had nothing left for their own economy!]

But, back on topic of your post..... Reagan was the governor of California for some time ( I adimit I don't know how long .... I'm thinking two terms?) and California has something like the 5th largest economy in the World! Larger than most "civilized" European countries! So, I believe HIS experience in the Executive Office trumps the lady from Alaska!

But, I admire your point, and I agree somewhat WITH it. Reagan was just an "average" American, but I believe he was an above average "intellect." It is GOOD for America when citizens who are considered "average" rise to power! That is what this country was founded on. But, all the farmers, ranchers, and military men who have led us in the past, were in some way above average or they wouldn't have succeeded!

I HOPE this lady has some of what it takes! I don't know much about her, and am NOT trying to find fault with HER! My point of contention is with the selection process by the McCain campaign committee, or the candidate himself. Even SHE and her FAMILY were surprised when they got the call! Is that normal?

Let me ask you, since you seem convinced that HER lack of experience is not a roadblock to her being one step away from the Presidency..... what do you have against Obama? Lack of experience? Or is it just that you don't agree with what you KNOW of his politics and how they might affect your life? It COULDN'T be "color" could it? I would hope not!

And BTW.... what do you mean by a "leash?" No one has me on a leash. I've been quite BORED by the pablum on this board lately, and have been OTR! The great "debates" of this board have been replaced by childish bantering and insinuations. the great debators have been run off by the childish antics of a few. the topics have turned to trash and video links. Speaking of "great communicators," there are precious FEW left HERE!

GMAN has been disrespected, Hoggie is disillusioned, Slimland has abandoned us, and I am tiring of the fight. So, what will be left of what was once the best board on the internet? (not that I claim any value here.)

A bunch of local wusses with an attitude.... and a leader they call the Rev? Is it "de rigueur" to boast about being banned from this or other sites for being an azzhole? Is it necessary or desired that this site become nothing more than a CB channel?

Does anyone CARE what any OTHER one thinks anymore? Or are we all psychic and can ASSUME this for ourselves? If there is any new "era" it is apparent on this board, and possibly condoned by those with authority over it. Whatever.

Do I CARE? Yes. Do I NEED to care? No.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:53 AM
BANNED

Quote:

And BTW.... what do you mean by a "leash?" No one has me on a leash. I've been quite BORED by the pablum on this board lately, and have been OTR! The great "debates" of this board have been replaced by childish bantering and insinuations. the great debators have been run off by the childish antics of a few. the topics have turned to trash and video links. Speaking of "great communicators," there are precious FEW left HERE!

GMAN has been disrespected, Hoggie is disillusioned, Slimland has abandoned us, and I am tiring of the fight. So, what will be left of what was once the best board on the internet? (not that I claim any value here.)

A bunch of local wusses with an attitude.... and a leader they call the Rev? Is it "de rigueur" to boast about being banned from this or other sites for being an azzhole? Is it necessary or desired that this site become nothing more than a CB channel?

Does anyone CARE what any OTHER one thinks anymore? Or are we all psychic and can ASSUME this for ourselves? If there is any new "era" it is apparent on this board, and possibly condoned by those with authority over it. Whatever.

Do I CARE? Yes. Do I NEED to care? No.
There it is...... The Golfhobo pity party invitation.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-30-2008, 03:16 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat

:shock: :shock:

LOL...And how did you get a Katt in this fight??

:wink:

I sure wish there was a Popcorn eating emoticon for this board!!
I dunno...just wandered in & dropped my 2 bits...but nobody's payin attention LMAO...

I confess that political discussions fascinate me... and liberal rantings make it all the more interesting.

And the other is I enjoy watching the baiting...until it gets childish!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
And I especially love the irony when Osamas campaign is calling Gov. Palin's experience into question....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
You STILL don't get it, do you? For months now, it has been the McCain campaign that has been questioning Obama's "experience." And THEN they go and pick this "unknown" untried and inexperienced running mate? :shock:

THAT is the irony. But then, I'm starting to realize that you KNOW that.... and are just yanking my chain. You are obviously as surprised and dismayed as any OTHER Republican must be right now, and you are just having a bit of fun with it. Okay.

Funny thing. I had not made up my mind yet. It was still an open question for me inasmuch as I MAY have voted for McCain. After all, he IS somewhat moderate and centrist, as am I.

But, this pretty much convinced me that I can no longer overlook his poor judgement, and geriatric senility. I don't agree with everything Obama wants to do, or believes in..... but, I HAVE to go with the man who has visions for the future, and not fears and memories of the past.

However..... as is my right, I will reserve any committment concerning my vote until after I've heard all that will be presented during the RNC. There is a part of me that would like to be convinced otherwise. But, as of now, I don't expect to see such motivation to vote for McCainYA!
There are a whole lot of people out here (if you keep your head out of the sand) that are sick and tired of the same old faces, and the normal "politics as usual" that we've had for so long. Especially, with her record of standing up to the oil industry, and the other lawmakers. The fact that she stands her ground, and does know what she is talking about, is very likely going to make her very popular with the "masses". I've already gotten several emails from people that have said they will not be writing my name in on the ballot. SHE is what changed their minds. I think he knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:32 AM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Quote:
...Slimland has abandoned us...
He didn't abandon anyone, he's taking some personal time off. He's not feeling well and seems to have a lot on his mind. I am sure he'll be back.

Humphry Davy
Old 08-30-2008, 03:55 AM
Senior Board Member

You can always tell the ones that are blinded by Obama. They can't even see what McCains' VP pick just did to the "Great-Ones" chances of winning. The savy ones in the Dem. party knows what it means and they went straight into a tizzy.

My thoughts.......... McCain will take a big leap in the pols. Maybe even double digits. She ( Palin ) will be the one to rally the troups back to the polls come Nov.

Just my $.02
Old 08-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
You can always tell the ones that are blinded by Obama. They can't even see what McCains' VP pick just did to the "Great-Ones" chances of winning. The savy ones in the Dem. party knows what it means and they went straight into a tizzy.

My thoughts.......... McCain will take a big leap in the pols. Maybe even double digits. She ( Palin ) will be the one to rally the troups back to the polls come Nov.

Just my $.02
My thoughts as well RR...not that they matter worth a damn...but you know the old saying...when one sleeps next to an elephant....