Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
One thing I noticed is when 9/11 happened. Almost all the country singers had a patriotic song out but none of the rappers or r&b singers didn't have one at all! That was a real turning point for me and that is when I started to hate rap and r&b. I'm as patriotic as the next person and when I heard Alan Jackson's song I forgot the name of it, it made me proud to be an American. Anyway I prefer music that talks about real events and real issues in the world not degrading women or how much money you have or how big your rims are or how low you wear your pants! :roll: I don't get what makes rap so popular, as degrading and shitty it is people still like it mostly white people. I'm not trying to be racist cause I'm part white but you wouldn't know it if you seen me, anyway they are ones buying alot of the rap cd's and stuff and that is why every white kid is trying to act like a gangster. You can't even understand them half the time and the songs are just dumb and only one hit wonders. I'll admit country isn't what it use to be but it's better rap I mean crap. I'm not afraid to get called a sell out cause I rather listen to music that isn't "black". White kids at school tell me I'm white and that I'm not black and they say they are blacker than me. :roll: Comments like that really piss me off but I ignore them cause it's only high school and I got a scholarship to keep and I'm a better person than that.

Larry,

It is not just about music, it is about your life. You say your part "white" ..... well we are all part something. It is your values that define you. And YES you got those right!!! If you keep on the track you are on, you will do well. It is tough being young but I/we were all there once. Stay the course!!

Ridge
I totally agree and yeah we are all part something and thank you for the kind words
My mom always told us that we were part hog, part dog and part devil.

Humphry Davy
Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

My mom always told me be yourself and don't let anyone influence your decisions and do whatever makes you happy!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
My mom always told me be yourself and don't let aninfluence your decisions and do whatever makes you happy!
I agree.... if only the rest of the world could learn from your mother... she's obviously an incredibly intelligent woman. Its too bad some people let the opinions of others influence themselves just to be popular with the other losers who think that the opinions of others actually mean something.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Even though it doesn't seem like there are not a lot of people out there who would rather like you for your instead of all the superficial stuff and trying to impress them, they are certainly out there and I met quite a few people like that!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I think it's interesting that we all think we have COMMON SENSE... Yet, when it comes to politics, we seem to lose it all. We tend to look to experience when selecting our leaders, then complain about the condition this country is in. It has taken this country decades to get into the fix that it's in. Who do you suppose was doing all the leading to get us to this point? We've been lead down the garden path for decades, and by looking to experience, we want more of the same. If that's what we want, what do we have to complain about?

Palin is the only one that has not been part of that "FRATERNITY" for all those years. She's the only one that brings with her, the experience of trying to stretch a paycheck. Yet, we talk about voting for her because "SHE'S HOT!!!". And, in the next breath, we talk about experience again. Just where is the asset in having experience when we talk about change? Change to what? More of the same? If you want change, you'll have to give all that experience the BOOT and get some fresh blood in place of it.

And, an attorney is not the answer either... Just my two cents... :!:

Old 09-09-2008, 05:24 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Sam's has the best pluots right now...mmm...so sweet and juicy!!

Humphry Davy
Old 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Why are Lucky Brand Jeans so damn expensive? :?

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Why Why Why......

I just want to know why and how and what and when and where.

Why isn't there a google everywhere, I want google shopping carts. Google drive thru's and google delivery and google sidewalks and google doctor's offices. I want google to ride with me while I drive so I can google things that come to me. I would also like google in Heaven too.