User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Unavoidable Accidents.....

Yesterday my husband's crew was involved in an accident. Unluckily no one was seriously hurt and I say unluckily because the offending driver deservers to be hurt. They werea fully flagged road crew with a tail car that had signs and lights and you couldn't miss it. But hey if you don't speak english you probably can't read it either.

Dude drives right up the back of the tail car. The tail car is a big outfitted truck at his speed he went right into the rear drivers side and had he had a passenger they would most assuredly be dead. He ended up spinning around 180 into on comming traffic stopping right next to the truck. My Trukr checked on all of them for injuries but "too stupid to drive" couldn't speak english but seemed fine enough to start digging franticly through the car for things that got shoved in his pockets. And no I'm not talking his papers or a lunch box he was digging in the seats and in strange places according to my husband. Did the cop care or check if the driver was under the influence of anything? No. And yes he was informed of the suspisious behavior.

Luckily they were in a rural area so no one else was involved. My husband is so glad he wasn't in that truck because even not at fault accidents still go on record. Not to mention the two guys are going to be feeling whiplash today for sure.

The stupid cop only sited him for the accident and no insurance. So all us tax payers can foot the bill for the equipment and the two guys with whip-lash. Dumb mister cop didn't cite him for construction zone infractions not sure the RCW, but my husbands boss was pissed and said he would get the cop the RCW that day.

IMHO
These are the people on the road that everyone should be concerned about. Insurance is required and if you drive without it and cause an accident I think that should be a jailable offense. I would glady pay higher taxes for that. :?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Glad your husband is alright and I would gladly pay higher taxes as well to put people who commit DUI's and cause a fatality in JAIL! I also feel if we pay higher taxes the government is gonna spend it on useless BS. I hear a lot around here of city officials in St. Louis spending money on little projects when it could go to something else like roads or better schools. I would gladly pay higher taxes to have that come to an end!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Glad your husband is okay. Yeah, I have no idea how some people even got their licence.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Senior Board Member

WOW, TW, So glad nobody was hurt. The offenders definitely should have had more infractions than causing the accident and no insurance. I really cant believe they didnt check them for drugs/alcohol and a driving under the influence charge, especially with the suspicious behavior that followed the accident.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
WOW, TW, So glad nobody was hurt. The offenders definitely should have had more infractions than causing the accident and no insurance. I really cant believe they didnt check them for drugs/alcohol and a driving under the influence charge, especially with the suspicious behavior that followed the accident.
Oh Truk is fine, in Or on his way to Portland if he runs out of hours guess who gets to take a trip. :lol: That's ok with me though I was thinking about Multnomah Falls, good time to take the hike. Good weekend too!

You know how I am afraid of heights, the Space Needle and this place make me feel like I have jello for legs or I have been drinking heavily. :lol: :lol:

check it out.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/mil...m2/welcome.htm

better photos