User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Enjoy the good times, while they last. Or, prepare.

This fellow has been referred to as Dr. Doom.

Econometric models have a fatal flaw, to which most economist succumb. This fellow has a different way of looking at things, and appears to be a little smarter, than his compatriots.

“Our biggest financiers are China, Russia and the gulf states,” Roubini noted.
“These are rivals, not allies."

“This might be the beginning of the end of the American empire.”

FWIW, it sure seems likely, this time.
You cannot mismanage things so badly, with out a purpose.

I would be worried, if God were not in control...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/17/ma...in&oref=slogin
Liberals - Relentless, Vile, Sniveling, Whining, Lying, Vitriolic Complainers.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: Enjoy the good times, while they last. Or, prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2

Econometric models have a fatal flaw, to which most economist succumb. This fellow has a different way of looking at things, and appears to be a little smarter, than his compatriots.

And, that's exactly why I have said I was running for President.

$154 Billion "shot-in-the-arm" rebate to jump-start the economy? Bush may as well simply have written out the check to the oil industry. It was too late, and really didn't do any good at all. And, it was the wrong approach. What's more, they will not come up with a solution as long as CAREER POLITICIANS are making the decisions. THEY HAVE NEVER WORKED FOR A PAYCHECK. They do not understand the relationship between the cost of energy, the cost of food, and the weekly paycheck. Because they do not have that understanding, they do not know how to fix the problem.

We NEED to prove that we can produce hydrogen cheaply, announce to the world that we are capable of replacing fossil fuels, and serve the oil a dose of "HUMILITY". That, and that alone will bring down the oil prices, which can bring down the food prices, and give people the money to spend. Without the "masses" having money to spend on things besides food and energy, no other businesses can continue. That's what is blocking the economy, and that is what will cause the collapse.

It should be clear to anyone who collects a paycheck, just where it is being spent. Two thirds goes for energy, and one third goes for food. But, these are not part of the equation for your cost of living, so the politicians don't see it. And, as long as that is maintained, we're going to keep going in a downward spiral. More bandruptcies. More credit card de4faults. More mortgage forclosures. Fossil fuels are a MONOPOLLY that requires competition. The only other substance available to do that is Hydrogen. Electricity will not do that because it is too dependent on fossil fuels. So, the electric cars are not the answer either.

That is also why I need votes in this election. The nest election will be TOO LATE. It MUST be THIS ELECTION. And, without any votes, my voice will not carry any weight.

The good Professor is absolutely right, but he did not give the full account. It's a warning to be taken seriously, but he did not tell them just how important it is.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
$154 Billion "shot-in-the-arm" rebate to jump-start the economy? Bush may as well simply have written out the check to the oil industry. It was too late, and really didn't do any good at all. And, it was the wrong approach. What's more, they will not come up with a solution as long as CAREER POLITICIANS are making the decisions. THEY HAVE NEVER WORKED FOR A PAYCHECK. They do not understand the relationship between the cost of energy, the cost of food, and the weekly paycheck. Because they do not have that understanding, they do not know how to fix the problem.

The unfortunate thing today is that most people don't even know whom they vote for, only what these politicians will GIVE them. Most don't even bother to vote or get involved in the political process. These career politicians don't have a clue as to how the rest of us have to live. They don't know what is like to live from paycheck to paycheck. We need to stop electing lawyers and seek out good honest AVERAGE people that we can elect to these offices. Find businessmen who can put some fiscal responsibility back into government. We need to make some difficult decisions. We must reduce the size of our government. It is way too bloated and expensive. We don't need a government to see to our every need. We need the government to get out of the way so we can take care of ourselves. Politicians and special interest groups have blocked most every effort private enterprise makes to reduce or ween us from foreign energy dependency. There is no need for us to depend on other, often hostile countries, for our needs. We should be doing that for ourselves. Sorry for the rant. I get very frustrated with the apathy of the average American.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Good post above, I get more and more frustrated every year as well. I got to watch some of the coverage on the oil guys in front of congress. Absolutely silly, it's as if these guys don't have a clue, which is scary.

And the "Windfall profits tax"..........ludicrous, stupid and just ignorant of how things work! Exxons profit margin was between 8 and 10%. Coca Cola is 16%, should we windfall profit tax them as well.

Vote pandering and making people feel good. I've grown to dislike both sides and firmly believe government is corrupt all the way around and they're absolute fools. Rich fools though off the backs of it's citizens.

Thanks for getting me pissed off already this morning! :lol:
Old 08-23-2008, 04:16 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Enjoy the good times, while they last. Or, prepare.

[quote="Windwalker"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2

Quote:
They do not understand the relationship between the cost of energy, the cost of food, and the weekly paycheck. Because they do not have that understanding, they do not know how to fix the problem.
I think it is worse than that - Liberals are evil and vicious. There has to be an agenda at work.

There is great and compelling evidence of an agenda. It is not packaged and gift wrapped for public consumption, though.

We part company with the attack on the oils. They are but one cog in the landscape.

No, the enemy is much more bigger and more sinister than any one industry. The oils are but middle schoolers, up against a real big and mean bully.

I think gman alludes to the idea that the market will take care of itself, and us, in the process.

If the market is allowed to work...

more below.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker

We need to make some difficult decisions.

We must reduce the size of our government.
It is way too bloated and expensive.

We don't need a government to see to our every need. We need the government to get out of the way so we can take care of ourselves.

Politicians and special interest groups have blocked most every effort private enterprise makes to reduce or ween us from foreign energy dependency.
I added some white space, so that it would be easier to read.

GMAN, I think the problem is bigger than that.

It is we that needs to make some difficult decisions. Our elected leaders are career politicians, and they are the bottom of the barrel, for the decisions that need to be made.

Business leaders are fairly well consumed with running their business in the face of stiff competition, excessive regulations, de-motivating taxation and public opinion.

Quote:
We don't need a government to see to our every need. We need the government to get out of the way so we can take care of ourselves.
What we need is conflicting with what liberals want.

Gov't has in fact, nationalized all economic activity, in the USA.

What is new, is that they have made it public.
It was Maxine Waters that made the public call to nationalize the oils.

She was talking in future tense, but the facts show that it has already happened.

The gov't, led by liberals, have us firmly in their grip, with an aggressive effort at every level of gov''t, to squeeze us all, until we pop like a pimple.

A free market is a self-correcting mechanism.
We no longer have a free market.
Only an illusion.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
Good post above, I get more and more frustrated every year as well. I got to watch some of the coverage on the oil guys in front of congress. Absolutely silly, it's as if these guys don't have a clue, which is scary.

And the "Windfall profits tax"..........ludicrous, stupid and just ignorant of how things work! Exxons profit margin was between 8 and 10%. Coca Cola is 16%, should we windfall profit tax them as well.

Vote pandering and making people feel good. I've grown to dislike both sides and firmly believe government is corrupt all the way around and they're absolute fools. Rich fools though off the backs of it's citizens.

Thanks for the compliment, but I ain't all that smart. This is just something I ran across, a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
I've grown to dislike both sides and firmly believe government is corrupt all the way around and they're absolute fools. Rich fools though off the backs of it's citizens.

Thanks for getting me pissed off already this morning!
I understand your dislike for both sides.
Both sides are liberal.

Liberals are the enemy within.
Liberals are the enemy of We The People.

It was my pleasure to piss you off, and I mean that, sincerely.
I will try to do it, more often, as I stumble across stuff.

I want to piss off the whole country - enough to vote in anybody conservative, that is not a career politician.

I just need some help, to develop a slogan, a sound bite and logo for Windwalker's campaign.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC

Thanks for the compliment, but I ain't all that smart. This is just something I ran across, a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
I've grown to dislike both sides and firmly believe government is corrupt all the way around and they're absolute fools. Rich fools though off the backs of it's citizens.

Thanks for getting me pissed off already this morning!
I understand your dislike for both sides.
Both sides are liberal.

Liberals are the enemy within.
Liberals are the enemy of We The People.

It was my pleasure to piss you off, and I mean that, sincerely.
I will try to do it, more often, as I stumble across stuff.

I want to piss off the whole country - enough to vote in anybody conservative, that is not a career politician.

I just need some help, to develop a slogan, a sound bite and logo for Windwalker's campaign.
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top o f tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
And, they're staying up nights, trying to figure out what else they can tax.
DID YOU KNOW.....
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago... and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt... We had the largest middle class in the world... and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. Today, Dad is working all the overtime he can get, Mom is working too, and the kids are raising themselves (and that about explains the SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, doesn't it?)

Now, I could also say that 100 years ago, women did not have the right to vote. I'm sure I'd have RebelDarlin' coming down on me, like real fast and hard. But, the fact is that 100 years ago, most of the politicians were FARMERS. Not lawyers. You talk about "conservatives", but the fact is that we simply need some PLAIN OLE COMMON HORSE SENSE back in the capitol. What qualifies a man/woman to be a politician just because he/she is an attorney?
Years ago, farmers understood that if he wanted the horse to pull something, he had to FEED the horse. So, as a politician, he also understood that if he wanted the American work-force to produce, he also had to "feed" them. Today, it's all a matter of "WE NEED..." and let the American people produce it. Look how they plan the budget. Someone thinks we're an ENDLESS SUPPLY. People drop off the end of the unemployment roles, and they say "we've created (XX,XXX) new jobs. But don't mention that the lost job was at Amocco Chemical with good pay and good benefits, and the new job is a "GREETER at WAL-MART" to pull a cart out of the line and offer it to you, with few, if any, benefits. These days, if you want benefits like health insurance, you have to be employed by a hospital. The good benefits moved to Mexico.

They don't have to attack us or go to war with us. All they have to do is BUY US OUT. We don't have the money to stop them. Dubai Ports has leased a couple of our shipping berths. The Indiana Turnpike has been "OUT-SOURCED" because the money was not available in this country. When is the last time you called about your credit card? What was the accent of the voice on the other end of the phone? India? And, it's going to get worse.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Senior Board Member

That's a big list. :shock:
I think they just about covered everything. exept air.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
enough to vote in anybody conservative, that is not a career politician.
While that sounds great and I sometimes feel that way as well...I usually come to my senses...I don't think I want a bunch of "novices" trying to run this country. So as much as I hate "career" politicians, they are probably better than the alternative...a bunch of newbie "what's the mens room in this joint" politicians trying to make critical decisions at the same time they are all trying to figure out how to navigate around the government.

Like my buddy (a lawyer) says - "everybody hates a lawyer.....till they need one".

So who do YOU want with his/her finger on our nuclear trigger?

(and this from a moderate Republican....sigh :P )