User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

(Sorry. Hit the wrong button before I was done.)

Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Board Icon

On the corporate level, it's called a "HOSTILE TAKE-OVER".
And, it's been done a number of times in this country.
But, we are being bought out on a NATONAL LEVEL.

It's not just the money for oil that's leaving our shores.
Honda has an assemply plant in this country, at least one that I know of.
They're hiring and paying Americans to work there, and that's a good thing.
But, no company will invest money anywhere unless they believe it's going to be profitable. How much of the profits go to Japan? Now, try to own a business in Japan. A while ago, you could not do so without being a citizen of Japan, and I doubt it has changed. Nissan, I believe, is another one. Yet, a while back, an American invested money in one of the companies in Japan. He bought up enough stock to be a major stockholder. Yet, when he went to Japan to sit in on a board meeting, he was not allowed to do so because he is not Japanese. And, that made national news here.

The guy I had to talk to when I was making payments on my truck was ALBERTO LOPEZ, and he spoke with a very thick Spanish accent. I thought GE was an American company.

Call about my credit cards, and I get an accent from India. It doesn't matter which one.

Remember a lady that came on here, last year? Consider. She said she had been in England, and the only thing she could do to earn money was make jewelry and sell it. It's considered ART. But even to get a job as a waitress? Not in England, unless you are a subject of the Queen. Want to try Australia? How about New Zealand? Truck driving jobs are about it.

Want to make any bets just how many American jobs are being filled by foreigners? No, I do not have the stats, but you don't have to look very far to find someone doing a job that Americans could do just as well.

Not all that long ago... Well, it's been about 20 years... A company I worked for IMPORTED a worker from Mexico because of AFFIRMITIVE ACTION. Non of the local Hispanics were qualified to do the job, but because of AFFIRMITIVE ACTION, they had to have a Mexican in that position. They brought one in from Mexico, and found he wasn't able to do it either, so THEY SENT HIM TO SCHOOL AND TRAINED HIM because he was Mexican.

One guy I used to know got hired by a paper mill to work in the electrical department. He spent his day drinking soda, coffee, and flirting with the women in the offices. Sometimes, they'd send him to pick up things they needed, but he was not allowed to actually get in and work on the equipment. He was the "TOKEN ASIAN", hired to satisfy the requirements of the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT COMMISSION".

We talk about deporting illegal aliens, and make laws requiring us to import them in place of Americans looking for work. And, then we expect career politicians to fix the problems? They're the ones that created the problems in the first place. Then, putting one of them in as President isn't going to improve things either. We'd be far better off with just an average American from the blue-collar work-force that keeps up with things. I really don't believe we'd be any worse off.

Jesse Ventura was a wrestler, then an actor. As governor of MN, I've heard quite a number of people say he was the BEST GOVERNOR MN EVER HAD. Where did he get his political experience? What qualified him to hold that office? He was not a career politician. He is not a lawyer. Why do we need a lawyer and career politician in the highest office?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top o f tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
And, they're staying up nights, trying to figure out what else they can tax.
Which is why I'm in favor of either the FLAT TAX...and that's it!!!!!!!! No other taxes. Get rid of 99% of the IRS. Flat Tax..everybody pays 10%: if you're rich you pay more if you're poor you pay less. Simple!!

Now all this gum flappin about foriegn companies etc...I often here this from people who were the first to run to Costco to buy that large flat screen that is NOW AFFORDABLE cause of labor saving China. Can't have it both ways. That flat screen made by union labor in the US would still be out of most people's range.

With Jesse Ventura...I have no clue how he did other than he was in the news more than any other governer of MN simply cause he was famous. Perhaps some from that state can reply?

And I'm not sure I would want that average blue collar guy sitting across the table from Putin negotiating our future and safety in some future crisis....would you?
Old 08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by "geomon
Now all this gum flappin about foriegn companies etc...I often here this from people who were the first to run to Costco to buy that large flat screen that is NOW AFFORDABLE cause of labor saving China. Can't have it both ways. That flat screen made by union labor in the US would still be out of most people's range.
Make oil take a nose-dive back down under a dollar/gallon at the pumps, and that won't be a problem. And, YES, it can be done.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
you still haven't told us your choice for vice president, I recommend the woman in the ad at the bottom of this page
No. Not her. If you want to meet her, all you have to do is sign up. But she's wrong for the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo
Her? She isn't bad looking but dresses like a school marm.

And, she's a bit too pre-occupied with men. RebelDarlin would be more like it.
AAAWWW thanks Wind. I'd be proud to be your running mate. :wink:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:
Quote:
you still haven't told us your choice for vice president, I recommend the woman in the ad at the bottom of this page
No. Not her. If you want to meet her, all you have to do is sign up. But she's wrong for the job.

Quote:

Sure... Tell all your friends that you are running for VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and become an overnight SENSATION like OBAMA...
And, then, you don't need me anymore... I see how you are... :wink:

Old 08-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Sure... Tell all your friends that you are running for VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and become an overnight SENSATION like OBAMA...
And, then, you don't need me anymore... I see how you are... :wink:
Oh hell no... VP has a much smaller target on his/her head. :wink: :twisted:

Besides who wouldn't want to be a part of electing the "FONS" to the White House. ( "LEONARD CASIMIR FONS")

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Default Re: Enjoy the good times, while they last. Or, prepare.

Quote:

That is also why I need votes in this election. The nest election will be TOO LATE. It MUST be THIS ELECTION. And, without any votes, my voice will not carry any weight.

The good Professor is absolutely right, but he did not give the full account. It's a warning to be taken seriously, but he did not tell them just how important it is.
It doesn't matter if 100% of the voting public were to vote for you, the Electoral College won't.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Enjoy the good times, while they last. Or, prepare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKay
Quote:

That is also why I need votes in this election. The nest election will be TOO LATE. It MUST be THIS ELECTION. And, without any votes, my voice will not carry any weight.

The good Professor is absolutely right, but he did not give the full account. It's a warning to be taken seriously, but he did not tell them just how important it is.
It doesn't matter if 100% of the voting public were to vote for you, the Electoral College won't.
The truth is, THEY DON'T HAVE TO. I don't have to WIN the election in order to succeed. All I have to do is harvest a number of votes across the country. Then, when someone realizes they've been caught with their PANTS DOWN... It really does not matter who wins, the issues I've been talking about are things they MUST address if they want those votes in the NEXT election. The more votes I get, the more of a MANDATE it is for the winner. And, for Congress as well. But, those issues MUST be addressed in the next 4 years. Everything has a "POINT OF NO RETURN", and I believe we're approaching ours. I don't have that many years left that it will have any really serious on my future, but I have children and grand-children. I want them to inherit a country that is still strong, independent, and free. I want their future to be assured. And, if everyone else benefits along the way, that's even better.

As far as that goes, it really is the VOICE OF THE PEOPLE that counts. The "ELECTORAL COLLEGE" is SWORN to reflect the wishes of the people they represent. If they do not, they VIOLATE THE PUBLIC TRUST. And, actually, I'd like to see that one go into court. It might be the first step in eliminating an OUT-DATED PROCESS.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Board Regular

From the article . .

On the eve of the crises that befell them, he noticed, most had huge current-account deficits (meaning, basically, that they spent far more than they made), and they typically financed these deficits by borrowing from abroad in ways that exposed them to the national equivalent of bank runs. Most of these countries also had poorly regulated banking systems plagued by excessive borrowing and reckless lending. Corporate governance was often weak, with cronyism in abundance.

Hmmmmmmmm . . sound like any country you know? This is the handywork of our career politicians. Great article.

John McCain brings 30 years experience of running this country into the ground. Joe Biden brings 30 of his own. Barry Obomination, the so called newcomer has already demonstrated that he has no problem with the machinations of corruption. Yet, even he might have had at least a shot at my vote if he'd picked a Bill Gates calibur running mate. Bill, coincidentally, has a little extra time on his hands.

Gates took a talented group of people, sat them down and said "Look, folks. I don't know if this PC thing is going to work out or not. I can't afford to pay you but if you work hard and share my vision you will share in whatever rewards we reap." He becomes the richest guy in the world and legions of Microsoft millionaires put the Pacific Northwest back on the map.

This guy has more working side experience with politics, law, international business, labor, innovation, competition, wealth and the American Dream than perhaps any other.

John McCain vs. Joe Biden. Give me a freakin' break.