User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default For those otr bashers

Why do you feel you need to get paid for everything you do? I call it being greedy if you ask me. I don't get why you need to be paid to eat, sleep, or take a whiz and wipe using Charmin Ulta Soft! Whatever happened to people EARNING their living? It seems like most people want everything handed to them! In my opinion I don't think running local pays any better than otr, the only advantage I see is that your home everynight. If you do get paid more it's only a couple bucks extra versus otr, whoop di freaking do. I get sick and tired of a few members on here bashing otr drivers. Maybe they like running otr cause they like to travel or they want like being away from home while enjoying the freedom of doing what you want. Local doesn't offer that at all! I know I couldn't be a local driver, it'll be boring seeing the same ole thing day after day when I can make the same or a little bit more and see the entire country. No wonder why this country is going down the toilet along with the Charmin! You think it's bad that otr drivers don't get paid for everything they do but you know what wehould be blessed cause if you look at back at history there was jobs that were so dangerous they only paid like a couple cents or a loaf of bread or maybe they didn't pay you NOTHING! I suggest you look back at history and see the type of jobs people had to do that were similar to today's jobs and compare the pay they received then to the pay they received now! You should be thankful that you get a paycheck instead of a loaf of bread and cheese. That is just my .02 cents!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Default Re: For those otr bashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
Why do you feel you need to get paid for everything you do? I call it being greedy if you ask me. I don't get why you need to be paid to eat, sleep, or take a whiz and wipe using Charmin Ulta Soft! Whatever happened to people EARNING their living? It seems like most people want everything handed to them! In my opinion I don't think running local pays any better than otr, the only advantage I see is that your home everynight. If you do get paid more it's only a couple bucks extra versus otr, whoop di freaking do. I get sick and tired of a few members on here bashing otr drivers. Maybe they like running otr cause they like to travel or they want like being away from home while enjoying the freedom of doing what you want. Local doesn't offer that at all! I know I couldn't be a local driver, it'll be boring seeing the same ole thing day after day when I can make the same or a little bit more and see the entire country. No wonder why this country is going down the toilet along with the Charmin! You think it's bad that otr drivers don't get paid for everything they do but you know what wehould be blessed cause if you look at back at history there was jobs that were so dangerous they only paid like a couple cents or a loaf of bread or maybe they didn't pay you NOTHING! I suggest you look back at history and see the type of jobs people had to do that were similar to today's jobs and compare the pay they received then to the pay they received now! You should be thankful that you get a paycheck instead of a loaf of bread and cheese. That is just my .02 cents!
Go get a year OTR experience and THEN come back and tell us how you REALLY feel.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Board Regular

Count in for inflation the last 10 years and you are really are making .02 cents. Wages, adjusted for inflation, haven't increased since 1957.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Senior Board Member

You guys just make it seem like every otr company is out to screw their drivers over when that isn't entirely true. There are local companies who screw their drivers just as bad if not worse. But to blame an entire sector for being bad because of a few companies who choose to be scammers is just wrong. It's like you had bad experience with one plumber company that all plumbering companies and contractors are bad.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You guys just make it seem like every otr company is out to screw their drivers over when that isn't entirely true..
Go dig a post where I bashed someone for being an OTR driver. To each his own.

Quote:
There are local companies who screw their drivers just as bad if not worse.
Yup.

Now, I'm going to go and pick apart your first post

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You guys just make it seem like every otr company is out to screw their drivers over when that isn't entirely true. There are local companies who screw their drivers just as bad if not worse. But to blame an entire sector for being bad because of a few companies who choose to be scammers is just wrong. It's like you had bad experience with one plumber company that all plumbering companies and contractors are bad.
I personally don't like plumbering, not sure what it is but I don't think I like it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry LL

lighten up, your not changing any opinions here.

It's all good. 8)
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I know I'm not changing opinions but I'm just letting it be known I'm getting tired of all the otr bashing, it's getting old! Feel free to pick apart my post Double R!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It's like you had bad experience with one plumber company that all plumbering companies and contractors are bad.
HEY!! Don't drag me into this argument dammit!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 08-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
Quote:
It's like you had bad experience with one plumber company that all plumbering companies and contractors are bad.
HEY!! Don't drag me into this argument dammit!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
I thought you did drywall? Now you do plumbing work too? :lol: :P
Old 08-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Default Re: For those otr bashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Go get a year OTR experience and THEN come back and tell us how you REALLY feel.
x2.I just cant fathom how non-drivers feel that they can start a thread like this one.Reminds me of youngZW.