Old 08-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Do you think they would be driving a truck if they were "ROCKET SCIENTISTS"???
Maybe. I have meet and heard a few that clam they gave up a six figure job to drive a truck. :lol:
I've met one also. He'd been working for AMOCO CHEMICAL for eighteen years, until the company moved to MEXICO. And, after that, a lot of companies will say that you are OVER-QUALIFIED. "We have to pay you according to your experience, and we MUST start new employees at the starting wage. We can not pay you at two levels at the same time. We can't hire you". Yes, I HAVE heard that before. That was why I went to work at an electric motor plant rather than a TV station some years ago.

This guy might have been driving a truck, and pulling a trailer with a backhoe, but that truck is also allowed to go where we can not go. He was not one of us in that sense. But, the public lumps us all into one basket.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe. I have meet and heard a few that clam they gave up a six figure job to drive a truck. :lol:
I've met one also. He'd been working for AMOCO CHEMICAL for eighteen years, until the company moved to MEXICO. And, after that, a lot of companies will say that you are OVER-QUALIFIED. "We have to pay you according to your experience, and we MUST start new employees at the starting wage. We can not pay you at two levels at the same time. We can't hire you". Yes, I HAVE heard that before. That was why I went to work at an electric motor plant rather than a TV station some years ago.

This guy might have been driving a truck, and pulling a trailer with a backhoe, but that truck is also allowed to go where we can not go. He was not one of us in that sense. But, the public lumps us all into one basket.
Amoco Chemical became part of BP, when they merged in 1998. While I am sure that they opened a plant in Mexico...most of the plants that were AMOCO before 1998, are BP now. Some were sold, because of FTC regulations...but they didn't move to Mexico. They just changed the name to "Huntsman" or "Celanese" or "Oxy", depending on which chemical company was salivating over the particular plant.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In this forum it isn't the public lumping us all together, now is it?

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
In this forum it isn't the public lumping us all together, now is it?
Define "us." As referenced above. Us..............?
Old 08-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Read what I quoted and see if you can figure it out.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln