View Poll Results: Am I a jerk for calling him in?
You sure are. 5 13.16%
No way. I would have called in on him too. 13 34.21%
You're a jerk anyway, so it's kinda par for the course. 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It is rude to just throw unwanted food out the window. More than likely some animal will not come along and eat it up. Some poor smoe with a bad attatude for dirty trucker, who works 15 hrs a week at the T/S and is paid minimum wage, will have to clean up it up. Creating more animosity against unknowing good truckers.

Now as far as calling his company... that was childish and just tattling... To me you dont call someones company unless lives are at risk. Petty stuff like this is not worth messing with someone's livelyhood. You never know, Just because he's a slob does not mean he's a bad driver. It would have been better to let the management of the T/S know what was going on and let them deal with this slob.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Board Icon

If this guy drove for me, I would want someone to tell me he did something like this. He would then be looking for a new job, because he is representing me when he is out in the public.

Plus, they had an automated phone system specifically for this, so they obviously expect the calls.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
With the mindset of "it's only a little bit of food", it's no wonder that so many Wal Marts don't allow trucks to park there anymore.

Bottom line: There is no reason to throw your food on the ground instead of a trash can. EVER. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.
I think the use of the parking lot as a urinal AND commode are a big factor too!!!

Those are the guy's I would love to squash!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 08-09-2008, 02:39 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

mine..mine,,,MINE,,,mine...mineMINE..
mine...MINE...mine...mine...mine...mine...mine...M INE
mine..mine,,,MINE,,,mine...mineMINE..
mine...MINE...mine...mine...mine...mine...mine...M INE...

Old 08-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Rookie

i cant say as i agree with most of your posts REV. but this time i do. i live in Battle Creek and we have enough trash around this town we certainly don't need any more.

thats a brand new truck stop and for the most parts its a pretty clean place, and i would lie to see it stay that way.

but next time your around the area and looking for good food, not typical truck stop food, check out Arlene`s at the 92 much better food altho not as pretty as most trucks stops.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whthorse
It is rude to just throw unwanted food out the window. More than likely some animal will not come along and eat it up. Some poor smoe with a bad attatude for dirty trucker, who works 15 hrs a week at the T/S and is paid minimum wage, will have to clean up it up. Creating more animosity against unknowing good truckers.

Now as far as calling his company... that was childish and just tattling... To me you dont call someones company unless lives are at risk. Petty stuff like this is not worth messing with someone's livelyhood. You never know, Just because he's a slob does not mean he's a bad driver. It would have been better to let the management of the T/S know what was going on and let them deal with this slob.

Fianlly ... an adult answer!

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln