User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Photogs do not "participate" in anything. They take pictures. If the photog was a professional, they would have taken the gig..
If done in a certain context the photography of nude children is 100% legal. If a professional photographer is approached to do a nude photo shoot of a 9 year old should they accept the job just because it is legal even though the photographer is highly uncomfortable with it on moral or religious grounds?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
Photogs do not "participate" in anything. They take pictures. If the photog was a professional, they would have taken the gig..
If done in a certain context the photography of nude children is 100% legal. If a professional photographer is approached to do a nude photo shoot of a 9 year old should they accept the job just because it is legal even though the photographer is highly uncomfortable with it on moral or religious grounds?
no offense here Uturn.....but why would anyone want to take pics of nude children? I know......everyone has those pics of their babies naked, but after that....why?

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 04-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a

no offense here Uturn.....but why would anyone want to take pics of nude children? I know......everyone has those pics of their babies naked, but after that....why?
Beyond the answer of some call it "art" the only other one is that some people are sick. Regardless though it does happen.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
I think the whole point here is the fact that it is there buisness.. Not any one elses but there's.. They have a right to refuse or accept..
This is correct, but it is also not very good business to turn away customers for BS reasons that they gave. This is no different than not doing business with blacks, Jews, Mexicans etc. It's just bad business.

Quote:
A lot of people talk how religious people push there views on every one.
Because its just a fact...

Quote:
And now we see the oposite. So how many wars will be faught in the name of Homosexuality..
That's just a foolish and insulting statement. but some people will say anything to try and make their points have some merit.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Quote:
Go ahead and try to hire a photog to take pictures of a nude 9 year old and see what happens to you. Go ahead and try to take the pictures yourself and have them developed somewhere.

There have been some fathers who have lost their parental rights, thrown in prison and labeled sex offenders for possessing the nude baby pictures of their own children let alone who attempt to take photos of them when they have gotten to be CHILDREN.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
I think the whole point here is the fact that it is there buisness.. Not any one elses but there's.. They have a right to refuse or accept..
This is correct, but it is also not very good business to turn away customers for BS reasons that they gave. This is no different than not doing business with blacks, Jews, Mexicans etc. It's just bad business.

But it's their business and they have the right to refuse service on whatever criteria they determine. If they run it into the ground by refusing to deal with things they find offensive, so be it!

Quote:

Representing your beliefs is NOT the same as pushing them on someone. So far in this Country, we still all have the right to stand up for what we believe in.

Quote:
And now we see the oposite. So how many wars will be faught in the name of Homosexuality..
That's just a foolish and insulting statement. but some people will say anything to try and make their points have some merit.

It isn't foolish or insulting. Any time one group, whatever it is, tries to force their beliefs or opinions on another group it eventually leads to a fight. The battlefield right now is the court system, and our freedom is the only casualty because the Courts are trying to dictate what our moral view should be.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Fozzy"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Since most Christians aren't bound to Jewish Law, I still don't see how bringing that into this issue is relevant in any way.

Because it is the standard (tired) excuse almost always given and referred to in these cases?
Why does the photog need any excuse? That's what is sad, is that she feels the need to even have to use religion as an excuse. Why can't she just refuse to do something that she doesn't want to do?

Quote:
The issue at hand is a business owners right to refuse service, for whatever reason they see fit. Quit trying to turn it into something else.
Quote:
And I stated that I did not believe that the photog should be sued... just that the photog is almost certainly breaking more of these supposed religious rules than the people that they are complaining about as is the norm in these cases.
As is the human condition, we can only do what we can rationalize in our own minds. We are all imperfect. And I didn't see anything saying the photog was complaining about anyone, they just chose not to take the job.

Quote:
Hypocritcal??? How about the lesbian seekeing legal redress to assert that her right to not feel discriminated against is more important than the photographers right to not be involved in an ILLEGAL ceremony?
Quote:
Illegal? In what way? To whom? There is no legal ceremony going on here.. but there is blatant hypocrisy, which these supposed religious types so good at.
That's the point, there is no LEGAL ceremony going on. Same sex marriages are NOT LEGAL. Just because they call it a commitment ceremony doesn't change the fact that they are having a wedding. You try to tell them they aren't "married"! So why should a business owner be forced to provide any kind of service for it?

Quote:
I choose not to associate with drug users, is that discrimination? You bet it is!!!
Quote:
I'd love to hear how these people can be compared to drug dealers in any way. The point is that this photog is claiming that they cannot or will not provide a service based on their religious rules when everyone knows that it is pure 100% Bull.
The point is we all have the right to choose who and what we associate ourselves with. You belive that religion is 100% bull and that is your right, but that doesn't negate anyone elses right to believe differently! Until same sex marriages are made legal, they are ILLEGAL! And calling it a commitment ceremony doesn't change the fact that these couples believe themselves to be "married" and have and will continue to use them to get the same benefits that married couples have.

Quote:
Same sex mariages are not LEGAL so why should anyone be forced by the law to participate in them in any way?
Quote:
Photogs do not "participate" in anything. They take pictures. If the photog was a professional, they would have taken the gig.. Again, I do not think that this is an offense worth being sued over.. just another blatant case of "do as I say not as I do" hypocrisy.

They don't participate??? Some photogs "stage" the whole wedding to get the best shots. They have to understand what is going on in order to provide the best shots. So how would this photog know what was going on at a commitment ceremony? Oh yeah, it's just another wedding! and the photog didn't tell them to "do as I say" they simply chose not to be involved!

Quote:
Calling it a commitment ceremony is an attempt to subvert the law and no law abiding citizen should be forced to participate in it.
Quote:
Thats just convoluted nonsense. There is no legal ceremony going on here in the least.
Exactly!! It is a mockery of a legal ceremony! I have been to 2 "Commitment Ceremonies" in the last year. They are weddings! And just an FYI, around here at least they don't want anyone that they don't know at these ceremonies, including the photographer. As a matter of fact they try to keep them out of the public as much as possible. The general consensus of my Gay friends is that this Lesbian was out to make a point and probably called every photographer until she found one to make her point with. Don't be foolish enough to believe that there aren't Gay Activists who are just looking for a fight. The majority of them just want to be left alone to live their lives out of the spotlight.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Agreed But it is still there buisness.

Quote:
Maybe so on some points, but still no diffrent than you or I pushing what we believe in a discussion topic of someone of a diffrent faith!

Quote:
[/quote]

How is it foolish Fozzy? What is the diffrence-Beside's the subject?
We have seen wars faught for Religion, Land, Disagreements etc.. I see no diffrence, Like I said a tool for man to use-- to impress there desire's upon another.. That is what War is all about.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
How is it foolish Fozzy? What is the diffrence-Beside's the subject? We have seen wars faught for Religion, Land, Disagreements etc.. I see no diffrence, Like I said a tool for man to use-- to impress there desire's upon another.. That is what War is all about.
Trying to imply that homosexuality, has had, or could ever have the influence to start the actual wars and wholesale slaughter that religion has in the short history of mankind is almost as stupid as the buffet religious types that use it as a defense for their bigotry every single day. To imply this especially since the recent circumstances in my life was either horribly blatant stupidity or yet another classless low blow by someone who thinks it will bolster support by other buffet types.. Either of these is something that I have grown accustom to in this venue.

My son was supported and well loved by a few relatives and friends who happen to be homosexuals.. he was killed by the same logic and barbarism that the buffet religious types historically love to use to condone their actions.. Same behavior.

Have a good life... I hope your beliefs make you continue to feel superior to those you hate...
Old 04-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Why do I have this strange feeling that this "christian" photog works on the Sabbath, wears makeup, and wears clothing made of mixed fabrics... I'll also bet that she has taken photos of illegitimate children and other couples who live in sin without ANY commitment to each other... More BS to gain attention. I do not think they should be sued.. they should just be ashamed of themselves as usual.
Typical knee-jerk Fozzy reaction.

How the hell do you know what went through their minds when they decided to turn down the job? Have you become a mind reader in your bitter old age? And since when did you become the goto guy on what the definition of "professional" is? Your constant attacks on Christianity border on the pathetic. You couldn't turn down an oppotunity to spew your hate any more than a drunk can turn down a drink. And what the f*ck is your point in saying that some gays and lesbians supported you in your recent troubles? Who cares? Is their support any better than someone else's? Are you so bitter that you won't even accept a kind word from someone because they are Christian? Pathetic.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?