User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I was driving down IH 45 yesterday, and had this car come FLYING past me. I saw a bumper sticker on it which read;

"I Have Decided To Follow Jesus!!"

I thought to myself;

"Man!! I didn't know that Jesus DROVE that fast"!!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
I was driving down IH 45 yesterday, and had this car come FLYING [by] me. I saw a bumper sticker on it which read;

"I Have Decided To Follow Jesus!!"

I thought to myself;

"Man!! I didn't know that Jesus DROVE that fast"!!
Well.... Jesus drives a FAST truck!! But he HAS to, or HE would have to follow ME!! :lol: :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer
lately it is pc to persecute the christians. they elected the current president and the war is harder than we thought.
i think we're all sinners but i only read 2/3 of the good book.
i have not been in a church for decades but alot of people go because its good politics on the job
i cant abide people in the media who justify terror by saying the devout christians are just as bad as islamo killers
It's not just people in the media.. and there are not too many people justifying it but more who link the behaviors of these religions to barbaric behavior. To say that the Christians or any other global religion are much different than the radical Muslims in their past (and some present) history is to be either clueless.. or of course completely disingenuous .. which usually is selective and of course self serving. Ignorant people can be taught if they are willing. Lying people are just never going to change.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I am convicted and if those people as you perceive as Christian, which isn't neccessarily true, they could me mormon
Mormon's are as Christian as any other religion that believes in God and Jesus Christ.

Quote:
To say that the Christians or any other global religion are much different than the radical Muslims in their past (and some present) history is to be either clueless.. or of course completely disingenuous .. which usually is selective and of course self serving.
I think what it boils down to is that religion - the fervant belief in a better life or a higher power - isn't the bad thing. People should find nothing wrong with the fact that someone else believes in God or Christ or Goddess or Mohammad or whatever. The problem is that people, by and large, suck. Mankind would/will screw absolutely everything up and it will always be the sacks of sh*t that will always stand as those shining examples for everyone to detest.

This planet needs an enema. :x

Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
think what it boils down to is that religion - the fervant belief in a better life or a higher power - isn't the bad thing. People should find nothing wrong with the fact that someone else believes in God or Christ or Goddess or Mohammad or whatever. The problem is that people, by and large, suck. Mankind would/will screw absolutely everything up and it will always be the sacks of sh*t that will always stand as those shining examples for everyone to detest.

This planet needs an enema. :x
I've never been against people's personal relationship with whatever deity or hobgoblin they want to have one with. My problem is that it seems to really make the naked apes of the human variety a little cross when the other naked apes are doing something else. My wish and what most religions teach is that you have a one on one personal relationship with your god. THAT is where it ends. YOU should only be worried about getting right with your god and leave the rest to whatever peril they have decided on for themselves. Just as in real life, there is only one person who's actions you have complete control over... most seem to be doing a pretty crummy job at that to be insisting others live to some standard that they themselves have not mastered. People in this country have a right to the personal freedom of religion.. and it seems to me that we all should have the right of freedom FROM it as well... Your business as well as your rights end at the tip of your nose.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Board Regular

Fozzy:

Very well said.

One short question: Since the dawn of time, how many wars have been fought and how many people have died, all in the name of religion?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Just as in real life, there is only one person who's actions you have complete control over... most seem to be doing a pretty crummy job at that to be insisting others live to some standard that they themselves have not mastered.
Amen to that.

Quote:
People in this country have a right to the personal freedom of religion.. and it seems to me that we all should have the right of freedom FROM it as well...
Again, I agree...mostly. In other words, I am not opposed to religions doing missionary work, so to speak. It's how that missionary work is accomplished where I draw the line.

Coming up to someone and saying "hey, I have a message about God and your eternal salvation, would you like to hear it?" is something I'm OK with, even if I don't agree with them. I've had come good conversations with missionaries from other faiths that approached things just that way.

On the other hand, when some pompous ass comes up to me and says "you're a sinner! Believe as I believe or burn in hell!", I'd feel much better just punching them right square in the nose. Those are the kind of schmucks that are at the root of ALL evil. Whether you're talking about Islam, Christianity, Spaghetti-monsterism...it's all the same intolerant, hate-mongering bullspit that is the reason for so much hate and bloodshed in the world today.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I actualy had no issues with Malaki86 Post. Mine was with TruckFam's. As for Malaki's post, I just figured that is the way he thought. and in order for me to correct Him in In my view, I would then have to press my view and belief on him..
TruckFam share's my belief, so it was more of what Paul did for Peter. :wink:

Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny
Amen Brother.. LOL

Religion is the root of all evil!!!
Evil is the root of all evil.
Quote:
And evil is never more happy when it gets a free pass from their invented god(s) blessing based on their version of whatever...
You in the mood to argue now?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Maybe they weren't Christians. Maybe they were on their way to a funeral. Maybe they just like to drive around on Sunday morning dressed nicely. I don't know. So, maybe I did label them as Christians incorrectly.
I would probly have labeled them the same, but I would have looked at it diffrent I think.. then again, I mighta just thrown the finger right back, unless I seen the kids first. :lol:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart