User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default To Catch a Predator

I am watching with my wife right now. A truck driver driving a Covenant truck showed up at the house and got busted by Chris Hansen and local police. This show took place in Georgia.

He had quite a lengthy rap sheet that included 5 misdameanors and 1 felony drug conviction in the mid 90's. Oh yeah, they found a huge rock of cocaine in his cigarette pack. I am so happy he will never drive a truck again (hopefully).
Old 10-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Senior Board Member

That happened quite a while back. I never did hear what happened to the driver as far as what his sentence was though.

Hopefully my great great grandchildren are old before any of those sicko's get out of jail.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I was watching that repeat on MSNBC too. I don't know if anyone else noticed but when I watched the repeat, there was a split second during another arrest where "Covenant Transport" wasn't totally blurred out. :lol:
Old 10-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Senior Board Member

All the cases in the state of Tx were dropped. Especially after a prosecuting attorney killed himself when busted. I think a lot of the cases were dismissed due to the fact that a TV reporter and people not police did most of the under cover work.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: To Catch a Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
I am watching with my wife right now. A truck driver driving a Covenant truck showed up at the house and got busted by Chris Hansen and local police. This show took place in Georgia.

He had quite a lengthy rap sheet that included 5 misdameanors and 1 felony drug conviction in the mid 90's. Oh yeah, they found a huge rock of cocaine in his cigarette pack. I am so happy he will never drive a truck again (hopefully).
I have seen what I believe is that same video several times; it's on one of the many "To Catch A Predator" YouTube vids, and the one I saw DID take place in Georgia.

At first, I thought that the suspect snagged in the sting was a Covenant driver; the Covenant tractor is in a driveway......

Now, I'm NO fan of Covenant, and most of you who know me know my feelings about sexual predators.

As I reviewed this vid several times over, I discovered that the suspect WAS NOT heading for the Covenant truck.

The Covenant Truck is parked in the driveway area of the house NEXT DOOR to the sting house. While I have heard some very negative things about Covenant, in this case, the driver of that Covenant truck does not appear to be guilty of any wrong doing.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan

I have seen what I believe is that same video several times; it's on one of the many "To Catch A Predator" YouTube vids, and the one I saw DID take place in Georgia.

At first, I thought that the suspect snagged in the sting was a Covenant driver; the Covenant tractor is in a driveway......

Now, I'm NO fan of Covenant, and most of you who know me know my feelings about sexual predators.

As I reviewed this vid several times over, I discovered that the suspect WAS NOT heading for the Covenant truck.

The Covenant Truck is parked in the driveway area of the house NEXT DOOR to the sting house. While I have heard some very negative things about Covenant, in this case, the driver of that Covenant truck does not appear to be guilty of any wrong doing.
I don't think so... I watched the show (a couple of years ago?) and this was the driver for the truck in question. The guy was messaging the "little girl" about taking her for a ride in the truck and if memory serves, they showed the guy pulling up in and parking the thing. I DO NOT even think that the name of the company is relevant however. They should have blocked out the names to protect the company as they (in my opinion anyway) didn't do anything other than issue a truck to a driver.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Senior Board Member

:LOL:

I can see the new recruitment posters now:

Are you a pervert? Do you like to look at little girls? Drive for us and with our generous hometime package you'll be home to chase after all of the underage children you desire!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I don't think so... I watched the show (a couple of years ago?) and this was the driver for the truck in question. The guy was messaging the "little girl" about taking her for a ride in the truck and if memory serves, they showed the guy pulling up in and parking the thing. I DO NOT even think that the name of the company is relevant however. They should have blocked out the names to protect the company as they (in my opinion anyway) didn't do anything other than issue a truck to a driver.
Fozzy:

Go to YouTube Vid:

To Catch A Predator: Boot Fetish And More: (Georgia)

You'll se a guy in his 30's who has a very serious boot fetis, and an IQ which is lower than his shoe size.

He pulls up to the sting house in an old, raggedy Ford Tempo;

The Covenant
truck is in the driveway of the house next door to the sting house!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy

Fozzy;

Based upon what you remember, it appears that we are talking about different episodes. While the one I am refering to was carried out in Georgia, there is no mention of going for a ride in a truck.[

Hope your son is doing well!!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Useless, a trucker DID clearly pull up to the house and went in. Before he was busted he did offer to take her for a ride in his truck. I watched the show several times. However, the busts shown on the show didn't necessarily happen in sequence that they were aired you could view a bust that took place AFTER the truck driver had arrived but was shown on the show BEFORE the trucker's bust. They probably had no other place to park the truck until it could be picked up by Covenant and just left it there.