User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hey I am all for destroying the IRS. But can it happen? I really don't think that one man can do that.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Senior Board Member

All it takes is one person in a position of power to look at all the Jack Abramoffs out there and tell them they are done.

I don't think that any current senator's running for office have any credibility in that respect. They have all been lining their pockets with special interest $$ for years. Clinton is by far the worst of them all.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

What if I'm not tired of the war in Iraq? What if I think we should be there and we should continue winning? What if I think the plan we have in place now is feasible to continue toward making enough progress to start withdrawing our troops and turn the civil war over to the indigenous people of Iraq?

I don't know of any Democrats who aren't running on a platform of how soon can we quit Iraq, forgetting that the fundamentalist Islamists have vowed to kill all of us unless we convert to their religion. To me that sounds like a declaration of war on the US.

I like Rudy for his leadership while running NY and I like Fred Thompson for his acting. He was particularly good in Crimson Tide so he has experience under pressure in a military situation. Besides, Fred now has a younger wife and a couple of small children, he knows pressure to provide and keep peace in the house. He's from the South and Rudy's from NY. A perfect ticket to keep everyone interested and happy.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Again the making a parking lot of those that would attack us seems to be the cheapest, easiest, and most life saving of the options. I would have to side with Truman on this one. But people like that don't exist in politics anymore. I don't think Fred was in Crimson Tide though. I think it was Red October. A russian doesn't take a BLANK without a plan! I Just wish I knew what the plan really was not the overall outcome that politicians say they want!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe
What if I'm not tired of the war in Iraq? What if I think we should be there and we should continue winning? What if I think the plan we have in place now is feasible to continue toward making enough progress to start withdrawing our troops and turn the civil war over to the indigenous people of Iraq?

then I guess you should vote for Fred, according to this, he supports the war

War in Iraq

Thompson is in favor of maintaining a state of combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Both, in his view are vital fronts in the war on terrorism. Thompson bases his view on the premise that Saddam Hussein, regardless of his nuclear capability at the time of the U.S. invasion, would have liked to develop plans for nuclear capability. Thompson supports President Bush's plans in Iraq.

Personally, I wont vote for him because he is against stem cell research, he cites the same reasons the religious fanatics do.

[/color]

I don't know of any Democrats who aren't running on a platform of how soon can we quit Iraq, forgetting that the fundamentalist Islamists have vowed to kill all of us unless we convert to their religion. To me that sounds like a declaration of war on the US.

I like Rudy for his leadership while running NY and I like Fred Thompson for his acting. He was particularly good in Crimson Tide so he has experience under pressure in a military situation. Besides, Fred now has a younger wife and a couple of small children, he knows pressure to provide and keep peace in the house. He's from the South and Rudy's from NY. A perfect ticket to keep everyone interested and happy.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Board Regular

Greg 3564 wrote:

Fundamental tax reform built on the principles of simplicity, fairness, and growth.

A new tax code that gets the government out of our citizens’ pocketbooks, while enhancing U.S. competitiveness abroad.

Dissolution of the IRS as we know it.

This is pure campaign BS. I have nothing against Fred, but this statement is so lame as to anything remotely specific, it is nothing more than a couple of "politcal catch phrases" for a few seconds of "sound bites."
Old 10-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
Greg 3564 wrote:

Fundamental tax reform built on the principles of simplicity, fairness, and growth.

A new tax code that gets the government out of our citizens’ pocketbooks, while enhancing U.S. competitiveness abroad.

Dissolution of the IRS as we know it.

This is pure campaign BS. I have nothing against Fred, but this statement is so lame as to anything remotely specific, it is nothing more than a couple of "politcal catch phrases" for a few seconds of "sound bites."
Having followed Fred for some time, I can tell you he is very serious about the IRS. I give the guy credit for a least taking a stance and putting it out there. Unlike some of the other candidates.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Board Regular

Greg 3564:

No body likes to pay taxes, above all the wealthy. That's why they have money and we don't.
And no way are the wealthy individuals or especially corporate America going to pay more.
You hear from time to time, abolish the IRS, or something, it never makes it past the election or it dies a quiet death in some committee, never to be heard from agian until the next election.
What are they going to replace the IRS with?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

The IRS won't be completely replaced, but it will be tremendously downsized. They will only need to collect the sales taxes from companies that sell new goods. No more stealing hard earned money from hard working people.

If the government is not collecting an income and corporate tax, there is no need for 90% of the IRS.

And gordo, you are right. We might never see real tax reform because special interests on K street are constanly funneling $$ into our elected politicians pockets.

Our economy would grow by leaps and bounds if we would reform our oppressive tax system. We would also see a lot of jobs that went overseas come back here.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Board Regular

Colts Fan

Easy to say a national sales tax. I personally like the idea in a way. But it will only work if there are no absolutely no exemptions, do away with the mortgage loan deduction, costs of education, basically, have abolutely no write offs. Then you said "new" items, what about "used" items, ie, cars, trucks, homes, etc..
Then you are going to have to rely on the companies, all companies, to collect the money. Every company from GM, Microsoft, the pakistani convience store, and the local bar are going to have to send the gov't the correct amount of money each quarter based on sales receipts. What a monumental task to try to figure that out! And what a huge potential for not paying the correct amount. You would need 20x more IRS people just to keep track as poorly as they do now.
I don't see our tax system as "oppressive," "unfair" may be a better word. Since the 50's the coporations are paying less and less each year into the overall exploding federal budget. Individuals are paying more and more of the corporate share. Really not their fault, Congress, and politicans are easily the most corrupt part of our society.