User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default tired of the war in Iraq? vote for Fred Thompson!

I'm tired of the war in Iraq. Thats why I'm going to vote Republican, Fred Thompson.

I'm going to vote for someone who wants to increase Military spending so we can decimate terrorism in the Middle East instead of pulling out and apologizing like a bunch on sissy's. Pulling out and ignoring the problem will only create more problems.

I'm with Fred!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Fred's doing well so far. Make sure you guys make a donation. All you need to do is click on the logo below and make even the smallest docation you can afford. Every little bit helps.

Quote:
The Thompson for President campaign will show total donations of more than $12.7 million in its first report to be filed this month with the Federal Election Commission. Sen. Thompson has received donations from more than 80,000 supporters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and has $7 million cash on hand.

“The financial support Sen. Thompson has received from more than 80,000 donors demonstrates his huge grassroots appeal for Republicans who’ve been waiting for an authentic conservative to enter the race for president,” said campaign manager Bill Lacy. “We feel great about future fundraising, knowing there’s a big well of support to go back to, since people who’ve given once are likely to give again.”

The average dollar donation to the campaign is $176, with 22,000 donors contributing online and 200,000 Friends of Fred signing up online to support the campaign.

The total raised for the third quarter filing (July 1st - September 30th) is $9.3 million. Since Sen. Thompson officially declared his candidacy on September 5th, the campaign has raised an average of $200,000 per day.

“Some of the other campaigns have spent tens of millions of dollars so far, only to lose support among voters; yet, Fred is running strong in most of the early primary states without having spent a dime on advertising,” noted Lacy. “We are on plan and will have the funding we need to get Fred’s message to voters.”

The filing covers all donations received to date by the campaign, from June 4th through September 30th.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Don't get me wrong, I like Fred. I will also probably vote for him. But I do wish we had a better option. AND NO I DON'T MEAN RON PAUL! DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldisnotenough
Don't get me wrong, I like Fred. I will also probably vote for him. But I do wish we had a better option. AND NO I DON'T MEAN RON PAUL! DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT!
Yeah, but still a heck of a lot better than McCain, Giuliani or Romney. All three lean way too far to the left for me.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Senior Board Member

What is Fred's position on the Fair Tax? It would be great if that would even get looked at more. GWB disappointed me by not evewn considering it.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I haven't seen Romney leaning left about anything. He's up on increasing the military and fixing our leaky borders. Those are my two big hotpoints and he's batting a thousand on that.

McCain has always been a democrat at heart and Guliana is rather wishy-washy at this point.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Senior Board Member

except for a few differences, Giuliani, is pretty much like Hillary. I would rank it Fred, then Romney. But I still want to hear more about what Fred would try to do. He has a few liberal stands in his past too. But then so did Regan!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 PM

Personally, I would like to see us out of Iraq...no weapons of mass destruction found, too many good people dying for a people who mostly hate us..does this sound familiar? it does to me...a little thing called vietnam. when was the last time we really had someone good running for office? ross perot? for sure its NOT hillary clinton! :? as much as I would love to see a woman get elected president, I won't vote for her. its the system, you've got to be a bit sleazy to ever get to the level of president. :shock:
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
What is Fred's position on the Fair Tax? It would be great if that would even get looked at more. GWB disappointed me by not evewn considering it.
Here's his stand on the IRS.

T
Quote:
he U.S. tax code is broken and a burden on U.S. taxpayers and businesses, large and small. Today’s tax code is particularly hostile to savings and investment, and it shows. To make matters worse, its complexity is a drag on our productivity and economic growth. Moreover, taxpayers spend billions of dollars and untold hours each year filling out complicated tax returns, just so they can send more money to Washington, much of it for wasteful programs and the pet projects of special interests. We need lower taxes, and we need to let taxpayers keep more of their hard-earned dollars—they know best where and how to spend them. And we need to make the system simpler and fairer for all. To ensure America’s long term prosperity and economic security, I am committed to:

Fundamental tax reform built on the principles of simplicity, fairness, and growth.

A new tax code that gets the government out of our citizens’ pocketbooks, while enhancing U.S. competitiveness abroad.

Dissolution of the IRS as we know it

Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I haven't seen Romney leaning left about anything. He's up on increasing the military and fixing our leaky borders. Those are my two big hotpoints and he's batting a thousand on that.

McCain has always been a democrat at heart and Guliana is rather wishy-washy at this point.
Well, first he supported abortion, then he didn't.

First he supported gay marriage, then he didn't.

First he supported gun control, then he didn't.

He needs to make up his mind on what he REALLY believes.