User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Fozzy:

You have been answered, now it's your turn to answer the questions posed to you pages ago. Seems again you either have no idea what you are talking about, or nothing else to gripe about.
If you wish to learn more please go back to school.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I'm still waiting for the text in the Constitution that says anything about illegal aliens...

Quote:
Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States struck down a state statute denying funding for education to children who were illegal immigrants. It established that regardless of legal status, illegal immigrants are still “persons” and thus protected as such under some provisions the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments of the US Constitution, notably the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

"Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is surely a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. Aliens, even aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful, have long been recognized as "persons" guaranteed due process of law by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments…The Equal Protection Clause was intended to work nothing less than the abolition of all caste-based and invidious class-based legislation. That objective is fundamentally at odds with the power the State asserts …to classify persons subject to its laws as nonetheless excepted from its protection."

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...=457&invol=202

Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Board Regular

Marmon Man

When you say government property, is that Federal Gov’t., State Gov’t., or Local Gov’t.? There are separations you know. If a religious article is on Federal property, it is not under the jurisdiction of a state or local court. And vice versa.
As far as abortion, same sex marriage, sexual practices, the States representatives have cowardly passed the buck to the federal gov’t. . Abortion was especially passed on to the federal gov’t. because the States do not wish to pay for the procedures out of pocket, and the representatives of a particular state did want to stand up and cast a vote, possibly loosing their jobs.
Our Constitution when followed, has worked quite well for over 200 years. The danger is when someone thinks they are smarter than the Founding Fathers.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

the constitution was not written in 1982 genius...
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well the Supreme Court made that decision in 1982. How you or I interprete the Constitute really doesn't matter in the big realm of things. But when the US Supreme Court interprets it, it now becomes the law of the land.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Well the Supreme Court made that decision in 1982. How you or I interprete the Constitute really doesn't matter in the big realm of things. But when the US Supreme Court interprets it, it now becomes the law of the land.
Nice side step.. but it doesn't change anything nor does it make the constitutional protections not pertain to people not born here.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Nice side step.. but it doesn't change anything nor does it make the constitutional protections not pertain to people not born here.
Whether or not it was intended, is one thing. But, the Supreme Court ruled that is does indeed protect illegal immigrants. Don't get me wrong Fozzy, I don't agree with it and I believe that it sould not protect illegal immigrants. I'm on your side on this. I just posted it for you to see as you requested information.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the text in the Constitution that says anything about illegal aliens...
From the Preamble: "We the People of the United States" -

The Constitution was written BY and FOR the "people" of the United States, and by ANY definition of the word, under the context, means the CITIZENS.

Article I, Sec. 2: "No PERSON shall be a Representative who shall not have attained [age] and been SEVEN years a CITIZEN of the U.S." -

Illegal aliens are thusly barred from representing themselves or the rightful CITIZENS of the U.S. By further definition in the Constitution, wherein their numbers ARE represented...they are accorded the equivalent of 3/5ths of a "whole person." Moreso than what is being debated HERE, this Article was intended to prohibit the intrusion into (and influence over) our government by "representatives" of foreign countries (like the nobles of England) who might have the means to take up temporary residence within our borders.

Article III, Sec. 2: "The judicial power shall extend to all cases in law or equity..... and between a state, or the CITIZENS thereof, and foreign states, citizens, or subjects" -

Though "illegal aliens" who insist on living off our land were not a problem at the time, they WERE "enumerated" as an entity by our Constitution. [Although the 11th Ammendment later altered this statement, it did NOT alter the status of illegal aliens as expressed here.]

Article IV, Sec. 2: "The CITIZENS of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of CITIZENS in the several states." .... "No PERSON held to service or labor in one state, .... shall be discharged from such service or labor." -

As terrible as it was, this article delineated between the rights of CITIZENS and those of SLAVES - which were NOT deemed to have equal protection under the laws. [Although the 14th Ammendment later gave this "equal protection" to descendants of slaves, it's application to "illegals" who MAY OR MAY NOT be considered "under the jurisdiction" is still an ongoing debate.]

Ammendment 14, Sec. 1: "All persons BORN or naturalized in the U.S., AND subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the U.S. and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of CITIZENS of the U.S." -

This is the most basic civil rights ammendment, and defines WHO is a citizen and what every citizen's rights are. (note the conjuctive "AND.") The REMAINDER of this section is what is being debated both here, on this forum, and throughout the land, and it hinges on the definition (as intended by the framers) of the word "person." It goes like this:

"...nor shall any state deprive any 'person' of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any 'person' within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Unfortunately, it seems that our forefathers also suffered certain limitations to their writing skills, and did not foresee an era wherein people would sqabble over things like the definition of "is!" I am trying to better discern their intent in ALL cases and usage of the word 'person,' but there is no doubt that MY interpretation and analysis MIGHT, COULD and probably WOULD be challenged by some on this forum, as well as legal scholars throughout the land! However, it is my CURRENT opinion (subject to revision,) that in THIS particular case at least, the word 'person' pertained to, and was a literary substitute for, the word CITIZEN.

There MAY be other instances in the Constitution that will pertain to Fozzy's question, though not too many - as it was not an issue at the time. However, I believe this SHOULD suffice to at least IMPLY (if not prove) that the Constitution DID address "citizens of foreign states (meaning countries,) and that it specifically was written to establish the rights of the CITIZENS of the United States - to the exclusion of (or at least irrelevant to) those citizens of foreign states/countries who have not qualified for American citizenship. [Illegal Aliens]

--------

It amuses me that Fozzy did not even understand that Greg was agreeing with him and offering case law in support! :lol:

However, the case that Greg submitted did NOT "per se" uphold any "de facto" rights of illegal aliens themselves, (and Article I, Sec. 9 expressly prohibits any "ex post facto" laws that Congress could make concerning THIS situation OR that of amnesty for illegal aliens,) but only "held" that the innocent children of illegal aliens, (NOT born in the U.S.,) who have not attained the age of responsibility sufficient to be held accountable for their parents' criminal acts, could not be discriminated against as a 'suspect class.' (yeah.... I went to the link and read it all!)

Furthermore, I feel strongly that a competent legal opposition could be presented to overturn this decision based BOTH on the proper interpretation of the 14th Ammendment.... AND a resolution to the ongoing debate over the interpretation of the 11th Ammendment, which if taken literally, means that the Supreme Court had NO JURISDICTION over this particular suit against Texas by a "guardian" for Citizens of a Foreign State/Country." [Illegal Aliens]

That does not mean that I think children of illegal aliens shouldn't be allowed to attend public schools without paying full tuition.... but I DO believe that college age children, who are illegals, SHOULD have to pay full "out of state" tuition..... or go back to the state of their origin for FREE education (as they have now attained an age of responsibility.)

My point was simply ( :shock: :roll: :lol: ) that this case law did NOT indicate that the Constitution in any way affords "equal protection" for illegal aliens SIMPLY because they "might" be considered as being under the jurisdiction of a state. It was a SINGLE case based on a specific interpretation by the Supremes.

--------

Now.... FOZZY..... how about addressing MY 3 questions?? Or are you just gonna "sidestep" them once again? They're not all that difficult.... and they are NOT intended to be argumentative. I just want to know what you MEANT by your statements.

As I said, I'm no big fan of Ron Paul, but I AM a fan of the Constitution. I'd just like to know how he is using it as a prop? (and the other 2.)

Yet again, I offer you another way OUT. IF, as I suspect, you cannot defend (or at least explain) your statements, you can simply ADMIT so. Otherwise, I fear I MUST don my tinfoil hat whenever you respond to any post here.... as I am deathly "skeert" of MOONBATS!!! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Board Regular

golfhobo

Beautiful. Good job.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordoUSA
golfhobo

Beautiful. Good job.
Thanks, I DO try, and in doing so.... lay myself open to those who THINK I have an inferior "education level" to many on this board (i.e. KC0iv) and to wit, I eagerly await their reproval! But, alas, it comes not.... as the promised rain on a parched Earth!

Surely even the deaf can hear, and the blind see, that there is no reproach to the truth.... not a drop of rain on the plains of reality.

I believe somewhere in the Bible it mentions that the mouths of the ignorant will be "confused" and they will not speak out. I suppose this is now happening to Fozzy and his kind.

Still.... like the lion who hunts as much for pleasure as for sustenance... I lie in wait for a reply. And for THIS reason, I bump this thread! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.