User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mexicn / US Eelations

Looks like all the President is worried about is strained diplomatic relations. He will have to come with a better arguement than that!!!

Bush Administration Seeks Appeals Court Ruling Allowing Mexican Cargo Trucks in Country
Thursday , August 30, 2007

SAN FRANCISCO —

The Bush administration urged a federal appeals court Thursday to let Mexican cargo trucks cross the border and freely travel anywhere in the country, arguing that to do otherwise could strain diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Mexico.

The Teamsters Union on Wednesday asked the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to stop the program, which could go into effect as early as Saturday.

The union argues that the administration plan, which would let as many as 100 registered Mexican trucks deliver their cargo anywhere in the country for the next year as part of a "demonstration program," would endanger public highways because safety issues have not been resolved.

But in its filing Thursday, government lawyers said the trucks enrolled in the program meet U.S. trucking regulations and the program is a necessary part of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

"Participating Mexican carriers must comply with all legal requirements governing operations of domestically owned carriers, and in some cases stricter requirements," wrote Assistant Attorney
Old 08-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Mexicn / US Eelations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeeater
Looks like all the President is worried about is strained diplomatic relations. He will have to come with a better arguement than that!!!

Bush Administration Seeks Appeals Court Ruling Allowing Mexican Cargo Trucks in Country

SAN FRANCISCO —

The Bush administration urged a federal appeals court Thursday to let Mexican cargo trucks cross the border and freely travel anywhere in the country, arguing that to do otherwise could strain diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Mexico.

The Teamsters Union on Wednesday asked the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to stop the program, which could go into effect as early as Saturday.

The union argues that the administration plan, which would let as many as 100 registered Mexican trucks deliver their cargo anywhere in the country for the next year as part of a "demonstration program," would endanger public highways because safety issues have not been resolved.

But in its filing Thursday, government lawyers said the trucks enrolled in the program meet U.S. trucking regulations and the program is a necessary part of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

"Participating Mexican carriers must comply with all legal requirements governing operations of domestically owned carriers, and in some cases stricter requirements," wrote Assistant Attorney

Wow, all this fuss over 100 truckers who will be held to a higher standard than our own drivers.
Just let the trial program do its thing. Its only 100 drivers. If those 100 drivers and their trucks have a worse inspection rating, fail more drug tests, and cause more accidents in the next year than our own drivers, I will jump on the negativity bandwagon. Until then, its just a lot of crap about nothing.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:

SAN FRANCISCO —

Wow, all this fuss over 100 truckers who will be held to a higher standard than our own drivers.
Just let the trial program do its thing. Its only 100 drivers. If those 100 drivers and their trucks have a worse inspection rating, fail more drug tests, and cause more accidents in the next year than our own drivers, I will jump on the negativity bandwagon. Until then, its just a lot of crap about nothing.
I know this article says differently blacksheep, but it is my understanding it is 100 COMPANIES not 100 DRIVERS. So that in itself is a big difference to me. Just looks to me like it is too late to close the barn door once the horses are out. Oh well to each his own. You go ahead a stay positive blacksheep. You have more confidence and faith and our Federal trial programs than I do . From personal experience they have left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Board Regular

Yes its one hundred companies not 100 trucks and its just a "pilot program" :roll:more Bush speak, once entrenched its going to be hard to dig them out no matter how many rules they violate, Bush knows this, I think this guy knows he is going down as the worst president in history so just wants to create as much havoc as possible and let everyone else clean up the pieces of his administrations mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:

SAN FRANCISCO —

Old 09-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Senior Board Member

It's 100 companies with no restriction on the amount of actual trucks. It's sad how much apathy is shown when more and more jobs are given away to other countries. All so people can buy cheap crap at Walmart. :roll:

Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Well sadly until guys like sheepdancer change their opinions they are going to run this down out throats. It boggles my mind that no one sees any problem with this program. There are too many unanswered questions. Unbelievable !!! A lot of crap about nothing indeed!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Board Regular

gee, they want to go back to the old 10/8 and let 100 mexican companies run america....glad I'm getting out of the truck in 3 1/2 years......Within 5 years there won't be any drivers making money, because our goverment wants to worry about every other countries problems....heres a thought....let's take care of our own first and to hell with everyone else. I feel sorry for this country.....we have to watch what we say, do or how we act so we don't offend anyone and now they are driving another nail into the American workers coffin. Grow a backbone (again) and close the borders for a few years untill we have things back under control within our own country and if little johnny failed his spelling test.....don't give him an A....give him the F he deserves for not studying.

WAKE UP AMERICA

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 09-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a

WAKE UP AMERICA
They're too busy buying their cheap crap from Walmart. As long as this country insists on cheap foreign made products, more jobs are getting shipped overseas. There used to be a day when quality meant something.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a

WAKE UP AMERICA
They're too busy buying their cheap crap from Walmart. As long as this country insists on cheap foreign made products, more jobs are getting shipped overseas. There used to be a day when quality meant something.
Well, quality still means something. At least to me. I don't shop at Walmart.
Why? Because everything is Chinese made. Cheap? Not really. When you buy a pair of shoes and save $10, but that shoe lasts a couple months at best, to me, is expensive. Vote with your greenbacks, and take them someplace else!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Now, I would agree that Walmart has cheap clothes. But I still buy a lot of nice things at walmart. Ive special ordered really nice guns from Wal-mart. For fishing things, wal-mart cant be beat. Toys for my kids. Their Big Tvs arent bad. Hell, I even special ordered my digital camera from walmart, the Canon 5D....There are not too many better prosumer digital SLRs then that and I found it there about 600 bucks cheaper than anywhere else. Walmart has its place....just not for clothes.
Closed Thread