User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Walmart is no different than any other business out there. They have a lot of Chinese products because they like everyone else only has access to Chinese products. DoI buy American when I can? Sure.. Am I going to run all over the country trying to find some specialty shop that makes custom American made "___________"? Not at $3.00 a Gallon for Gas. I have bought many things American made that were just if not more junky than foreign made stuff. To knock Walmart for stocking Chinese goods when thats all there is is just more convenient victim hood by the same old people who are victims of everything else.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Default sheep

is it true that walmart cancelled their contract with jb
Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by continental
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a

WAKE UP AMERICA
They're too busy buying their cheap crap from Walmart. As long as this country insists on cheap foreign made products, more jobs are getting shipped overseas. There used to be a day when quality meant something.
Well, quality still means something. At least to me. I don't shop at Walmart.
Why? Because everything is Chinese made. Cheap? Not really. When you buy a pair of shoes and save $10, but that shoe lasts a couple months at best, to me, is expensive. Vote with your greenbacks, and take them someplace else!
I buy a pair of $27 steel toed workboots at Wal-MArt every year. I think I get my moneys worth.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Rookie

It simply amazes me the amount of idiots we have in the USA. After reading thru the post i can not beleieve the attitude of some of the drivers. Gee if it is gonna happen oh well.
To those of you with this attitude you are a disease to the PRIDE of American workers. Do you not care about our fair market value? does it not bother you that this is an assault on how you support your family?
Your a bunch of gutless turds!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by double trouble
It simply amazes me the amount of idiots we have in the USA. After reading thru the post i can not beleieve the attitude of some of the drivers. Gee if it is gonna happen oh well.
To those of you with this attitude you are a disease to the PRIDE of American workers. Do you not care about our fair market value? does it not bother you that this is an assault on how you support your family?
Spoken like a true idiot...
Old 09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad7
is it true that walmart cancelled their contract with jb
No, thats kind of like a CB rumor thats going around. You know how people can exagerate. Here is the story. Walmart is in the middle of "restructuring" how they are running their freight. We have many walmart dedicated accounts we run. One of them was the wal-mart Centerpoint run. Because of that restructuring at walmart, we no longer run that freight under the Centerpoint run. Its not like we lost the freight. The same freight is now just being hauled by our OTR division. Which is great for our OTR drivers....however, bad for the drivers who were running the centerpoint account. They will now have to run OTR or some other dedicated account.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:31 PM

thanks i heard it from one of the centerpoint drivers that showed up at our account ....i was just a wondering
Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
You can't refute my statement so that is all you say? Why don't you take down those American symbols with your post. You are a disgrace to fighting Foreign and domestic invaders. Time for you and your croonies to put your head back under the sand.

P.S. If you can't refute what good can come out of this Mexican truck invasion then don't reply Genius.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Look, all we are saying is that its a trial program with very few trucks coming over here. Ive seen so many borderline paranoid delusional posts about this and so much missinformation spread about this subject it has become very funny.
Like i said, this is a trail program. If it turns out to be a bad deal over the next year, I will jump on the negativity bandwagon. I just remember the same things being said when we started allowing Canadian truckers do the same thing. The negative people were wrong. I also remember the same things being said when mexican trucks were allowed to drive 20 miles into this country.....The negative people were wrong then too. None of those terrible things predicted happened.
I just wont let myself fall for the "Teamsters Propaganda" They are a joke. Like someone else mentioned, I remember the teamsters having a fit when people started drug testing truck drivers.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
Quote:
You can't refute my statement so that is all you say? Why don't you take down those American symbols with your post. You are a disgrace to fighting Foreign and domestic invaders. Time for you and your croonies to put your head back under the sand.

P.S. If you can't refute what good can come out of this Mexican truck invasion then don't reply Genius.
Good coming out of Mexican Truck Invasion....ok....how about the fact that these 100 companies are being given free run into American markets....how many AMERICAN drivers are going to start loosing miles=money to support their families? Add on top of American drivers loosing money the fact that MANY illegals are ALREADY on the welfare system.
Maybe we should all just stand on the side of the road at Lowe's or Home Depot and hope for a day job like the illegals do here in the southwest. Unless you are from this area, you don't understand what a royal PITA (Pain In The A$$) it is having to deal with the "invasion". We get flyers from my kids' school that has info on one 1 side in english and the other is in spanish, this is an english speaking country....we didn't have this crap going on THIS bad when I was growing up. When I make deliveries below the Phoenix /L.A. line.....I'm the only one speaking english as a "NATIVE" language already.

Repeat after me "Welcome to Manuels. Can I take your order? Oh I'm so sorry, we only accept pesos".

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Closed Thread