User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sorry

Been busy lately. Just got a local job (that pays jack but gets me home a LOT) and trying to catch up on bills etc. Should have time to try this now.

Im talking about something very similar to the posted with some exceptions.

First of all no removing the seat. Most truckers now are company drivers and removing the seat isnt just a nono. But who has time or effort.

My thought is to eithre mount via a bracket that will latch onto the seat rails (feel down on the right side of your seat) with a post that goes from the ground up. Size isnt a problem. Its fairly easy to make it extremely adjustable in height, reach etc. The problem is a universal mount.

The real Ideal would be a mount that connected behind the drivers seat on on some sort of pole by the cabinets (those are fairly standard in most trucks ive seen). That would allow you to use the stand while driving. To turn to the side and use it while parked w your back aganst the door, and to use it in the bunk. Im not sure that is possible but i think it should be.

And frankly i see no reason it should cost over $100. $150 max. I could see a $200 stand but if so it should have custom moulded plastic. And while ive seen a very neat stand/mount like the ram/charger thing.. having the quickmount plastic clips for the extra $100 seems ridiculous when 3" of velcro will do the same thing.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 PM

Well keep us posted im thinking of a ram mount but ur post has me wondering what u come up with
Old 11-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Board Regular
Default Tell me

What kind of truck you drive.
I'm still "moving" so no room to work.

But my current desk consists of velcro attached to a small wooden contraption that mounts on the dash of this hideous freightliner. Actually works fantastic and cost about a buck
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 PM

Cyber Truckers Suck, Scratched my Laptop, Not Stable, makes it hard to get into the passenger seat, not worth the money
http://truckerweatherwatch.org