LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Weird, aint it, bullhauler?

I had a flatbed come up behind me the other night. Highway 82 out in west Texas is mostly 2 lane. It's 200 miles from Wichita Falls, Tx to Lubbock, Tx. For about 75 miles of the 200 miles, it's 4 lane. The rest of 2 lane. This flatbed caught up with me on the 4 lane. I figured that he would have come on around me. Instead, he just stayed back there. Once the 4 lane dropped back to the 2 lane, he came around. Not much traffic on that highway, but he sat back there for a while, waiting on the on-coming traffic to clear, so he could pass me. Why didnt he just pass me on the 4 lane? :|
I wuz talking on the phone and when I finished I came on around.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9
The bug that HAS to splat, right in the middle of my line of sight, usually right after I clean my windshield. :evil:
Them bugs always seem to hit right between the eyes. :P
What is the last thing that passes through a bug's mind as it hits your windshield?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Board Regular

I get it, I get it, it drives a truck at night.

if you aim at nothing that is just what you will hit
Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
I wuz talking on the phone and when I finished I came on around.
:P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildK9
The bug that HAS to splat, right in the middle of my line of sight, usually right after I clean my windshield. :evil:
Them bugs always seem to hit right between the eyes. :P
What is the last thing that passes through a bug's mind as it hits your windshield?
it's brain
Old 11-10-2007, 01:55 AM
Rookie

what irks me the most on the road ? You got a hot button topic for me here. thanks for asking.

Tailgaters. I was driving West on 152 in CA. 9:30 pm. clear, moon out. only me driving 60 in a 55, and the guy in the white truck 10 feet off my bumper. I figure okay since there was no where to pull over I sped up, knowing once I got thru the light that there would be a place to pull over. I got 1/2 mile when CHP got me on Radar doing 75. He didn't care about the truck story, which was true, he wrote me up for 75. Cost me $300. This is right outside Hollister CA. I despise tailgaters. Especially older ones who never learned. Young kids are all hyped up and hopefully they will outgrow it or learn the hard way, like I did.

So you can't win. You got someone endangering your life by tailgating, and you have the Law giving You the ticket ! go figure.

It happens all the time, I do not understand why tailgaters do not get tickets. I mean the guy was 10 feet from me maybe. talk about Intimidation. I actually asked a CHP officer once, while he was eating tacos, "say, why don't you give tickets to tailgaters?" he said "do you really want to know?" I said "yes." He replied "too much paperwork."
I couldn't make this up.

I pull over when I can, to let the fools go around me, and that pisses me off that there are that many inconsiderate drivers on the road.

I drive a Camry. and I am a considerate, attentive driver. I drive defensively and watch out for others.
Something else that Really Irks Me:

I see, all the time people endangering others' lives and not caring the last bit, I mean if it comes down to you getting in a wreck because they wouldn't budge one foot for you, say you actually made a mistake, or not, well I am talking about the aggresive fools who do not care. they do not care if you get in a wreck. Then there are so many of those who aren't paying attention. Same outcome.

I see this all the time on Pacheco Pass. I drive it maybe once a week. and will avoid it at all costs if and when it is foggy. because I don't have to commute thank god.

I don't know why there aren't signs saying Fog ahead, and the limit goes to 35 mph, instead of 65, automatically when the Fog sign is up.

I don't get why so many people don't have common sense and consideration, well I get that they don't care about life, their own and especially others'.

Something needs to be done about this stretch of 152. People drive like bats out of you know where, and yes Los Banos is pretty bad, haha, and then you have so many semi's that naturally slow down in the right lane, and there are only 2 lanes, and on much of it No Shoulder. Add this to the fog and you have major multi car and major injury / death accidents all the time this time of year.

Please be careful this road.

So you have mr. or ms. jo cool driving way too fast for the conditions, in his or her 'own world', that revolves around them, and only them, and well these conditions are the worst I have ever seen, and I am not young.
I am young at heart tho.

So anyway, I could go on and on. I guess I will stop here.
This is my first, but not last post on this board. I will watch my p's and q's and follow the rules, and it's not that easy. careless drivers are a serious subject.

Yes, this is The Real World, not virtual. People really get hurt and die, needlessly all too often on the road.

SUV's and pickups are the worst offenders. They will do the most damage. I had a semi terrorizing me on 129 in Watsonville. I called him in the CHP. Maybe too much paperwork for them. don't know what happened about that. most likely nothing. not that I am against CHP's, I am not, I just wish they would ticket the right people. common sense. what ever happened to it?

lexiecat

I don't know what a BBCode is.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Board Regular
Default pet peeve

When i'm drivin down the highway in heavy rain and all the 4 wheelers are scared to go faster than 40 mph then I pass them and they decide to follow me to use my tire tracks, but realize they can't see being behind me because my tandems are throwin all the water mist in the air so then they decide to get brave and pass you, but get scared again because of all the water mist your truck is throwing from the sides... so of course you get into a predicament with one knuckle head tailgating you for your tire tracks, another knuckle head scared trying to pass you, another scared knuckle head in front of you to afraid to go faster than 40 mph no win situation.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiecat
Tailgaters. I was driving West on 152 in CA. 9:30 pm. clear, moon out. only me driving 60 in a 55, and the guy in the white truck 10 feet off my bumper. I figure okay since there was no where to pull over I sped up, knowing once I got thru the light that there would be a place to pull over. I got 1/2 mile when CHP got me on Radar doing 75. He didn't care about the truck story, which was true, he wrote me up for 75. Cost me $300. This is right outside Hollister CA. I despise tailgaters. Especially older ones who never learned. Young kids are all hyped up and hopefully they will outgrow it or learn the hard way, like I did.

lexiecat
Now come on Lexie...CHP wrote you for 75, and that was the only infraction on the ticket??? LOL.....15 mph over in CA gets you a reckless driving charge as well. Truck speed limit state wide is 55 mph.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Rookie

yes that was the 'only' infraction on the ticket. the guy in the truck was waaaaay too close and intimidating. that's the truth. oh well. life goes on.

LC
Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 AM
Rookie

Driving is over rated. As I get older I am losing interest in the whole set- up of things. driving so many miles to see someone. having to drive to the store, because it's so far away from the houses we seem to have to buy. things are just set up illogically, and it is such a waste of time and energy.

I am ranting and probably it doesn't belong on this board.

There was no one else on the road the night I got the ticket except the chp, and the jerk behind me.

I was not driving recklessly. I know how to drive. Thank You.

I don't need some young punk chp 'officer' to pull his power trip on me as well as the guy in the truck behind me, on my a**.

I was not the one in the wrong here, not even close.

LC