User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What Irks You The Most?

I'm still in my first year but I'm seeing a pattern that is a wee bit annoying. Maybe it's me. But I already see why so many drivers park it at night rather than continue running.

Headlights Glarring in the West Coast mirror.
Worse yet, is when another trucker decides to put his/her headlights in your mirror and keep them there.... like they are so lonely they want to watch how you'll react.

The worse part is that when these lonely hearts pull into truck stops, they most often refuse to speak to anyone.

Oh ... and all the waving. THIS IS A DANGEROUS JOB. Forget all the waving as you pass by ... just get the hell safely up the road.

If feels like we Americans are so used to sitting infront of T.V. screens, movie screens, and computer screens, that we've lost the ability to know the difference between a windshield and a T.V. screen.

No wonder this is the number one killer career for its employees. [/b]

Quit the crap and just drive.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Board Regular

What irks me is people who don't wave.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironturkey
What irks me is people who don't wave.
And drivers who run without their headlights on.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:45 PM

What's wrong with waving? And anyway, they don't wave in city traffic.

I passed a driver once with his left foot up on the dash, grinning like a cheshire cat and waving like a flag in a stiff breeze.

Musta had one to many starbucks. :lol:

Edit: One thing that doesn't really irk me but I think is strange: why do 4 wheelers come down the on ramp at 50 mph? Cripes man, you're supposed to be going road speed at the end of the ramp.

Then they pull onto the highway and continue to do 50mph for about a half mile before they speed up and zip away.

Just odd.

BTW, you don't get that behavior in a major city, those guys are cookin' at the end of that ramp.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
why do 4 wheelers come down the on ramp at 50 mph?

Then they pull onto the highway and continue to do 50mph for about a half mile before they speed up and zip away.
Because, they haven't concluded their "business" call on their cellphone yet! Hey.... it's not THEIR fault you're trying to DRIVE through their "office!" :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Board Member

What irks me the most..........

Truckers that lie, not just tell entertaining trucker story's (everyone loves a great trucking story even if it blown out of proportion) but flat out tell you BS that you know is 100% lie. The reason why it irks me is that they think I am stupid enough to believe them or do they think I'm that gullible?

I can think of two different drivers right off the top of my head.

1). I met a JB Hunt driver that claimed to be the only driver in the company fleet that is allowed to run an ungoverned truck. The reason, because he tested so well at orientation.

2). I met a Roadway driver that claimed his wife was the head of the FBI in Nashville, TN. She made over 300k a year and worked in special operations and had access to very secret information, the same information that the president gets everyday. He just drives truck for something to do and he could care less to what secret information his wife really knew.

But I am polite about it and just nod my head and say "wow, thats pretty cool" and politely tell them I need to make a phone call and it was nice talking to them. Everyone has had to have ran into guys like these or maybe it's just me?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750

Truckers that lie, not just tell entertaining trucker story's (everyone loves a great trucking story even if it blown out of proportion) but flat out tell you BS that you know is 100% lie. The reason why it irks me is that they think I am stupid enough to believe them or do they think I'm that gullible?

1). I met a JB Hunt driver that claimed to be the only driver in the company fleet that is allowed to run an ungoverned truck. The reason, because he tested so well at orientation.

2). I met a Roadway driver that claimed his wife was the head of the FBI in Nashville, TN. She made over 300k a year and worked in special operations and had access to very secret information, the same information that the president gets everyday. He just drives truck for something to do and he could care less to what secret information his wife really knew.

But I am polite about it and just nod my head and say "wow, thats pretty cool" and politely tell them I need to make a phone call and it was nice talking to them. Everyone has had to have ran into guys like these or maybe it's just me?

no i think its funny that some drivers tell the most off the wall stories ive ever heard, i run into at least 1 or 2 every week or so... its actually entertaining
Old 08-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member

So many things.

Where do I start?

Right. By popping the top on another ice cold beer. Screw it. I don't need to get riled up about my work week. My work week is done, and I can forget alllll about it for a couple of days.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
Quote:

no i think its funny that some drivers tell the most off the wall stories ive ever heard, i run into at least 1 or 2 every week or so... its actually entertaining

I hate drivers who lie. I ran into 7 million of them just this week, and not ONE of them waved!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Truckers that lie,
You're right, that guy is a liar, it's actually my wife that heads the FBI in Nashville. The whole deal's so hush/hush that I don't even know her real name. I was early on instructed to refer to her only as "tinkerbell".

I can't go into a lot of detail but she says that Roadway driver's wife is a liar who doesn't make close to 300k a year. Anyway, she was outed by the Bush team years ago and is prettly much out of the agency and is now working on a book deal.

And me? I just drive a truck for entertainment, nothin' I really need to do.

But enough about me, tell us a little bit about yourself.