User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
i think his avatar is very insulting.. to the horse. anyway.
Yeah, but.... USELESS still gets a kick out of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, Bill! :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member

If I'm using the passing lane to pass someone who is slower than I am, and I'm still driving below the posted speed limit and happen to slow you down while I'm doing so.. Tough cookies. I'll get out of the way when I'm passed the person who is going slower than I am. If this ruins your day.. again.. TOUGH COOKIES. You can get over it or not, I don't care in the least little bit.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
If I'm using the passing lane to pass someone who is slower than I am, and I'm still driving below the posted speed limit and happen to slow you down while I'm doing so.. Tough cookies. I'll get out of the way when I'm passed the person who is going slower than I am. If this ruins your day.. again.. TOUGH COOKIES. You can get over it or not, I don't care in the least little bit.
I don't care if you're driving the speed limit or NOT! If you take all day to pass him, and hold up traffic while doing so, you're an AZZ!! You won't GAIN much, since you're not much faster than him!

And if you see me in your mirror, bearing down on you at a higher speed, and you pull out at the last minute to pass, you're an even BIGGER AZZ!

And, don't MAKE me get on the CB and TELL you when you've cleared him by MORE than 2 trucklengths! And if, when I finally get back up to speed and pass you, don't LET me find you on the cellphone - totally OBLIVIOUS to the bullsh$t you just pulled!!! :evil:

This happens at least 20 times a day!! It is clearly the most UNPROFESSIONAL thing a "driver" can do to his brotherhood!

But then, I'm not sure you would understand that! :roll:

And you've CLEARLY shown that you just don't CARE! :shock:

I bet you drive (or drove) for J.B. Hunt, don't you?

Old 04-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
I don't care if you're driving the speed limit or NOT! If you take all day to pass him, and hold up traffic while doing so, you're an AZZ!! You won't GAIN much, since you're not much faster than him!

And if you see me in your mirror, bearing down on you at a higher speed, and you pull out at the last minute to pass, you're an even BIGGER AZZ!

And, don't MAKE me get on the CB and TELL you when you've cleared him by MORE than 2 trucklengths! And if, when I finally get back up to speed and pass you, don't LET me find you on the cellphone - totally OBLIVIOUS to the bullsh$t you just pulled!!! :evil:

This happens at least 20 times a day!! It is clearly the most UNPROFESSIONAL thing a "driver" can do to his brotherhood!

But then, I'm not sure you would understand that! :roll:

And you've CLEARLY shown that you just don't CARE! :shock:

that's another thing, now that you mention it. I'm in the middle lane passing slower trucks, a slow truck in the right lane sees a car coming on the on ramp, He doesnt want to be slowed down, so he cuts over in front of me and makes me hit the brakes. I guess his time is more valuable than mine. funny thing is, if I see that he needs to get over, I will usually let him IF he is polite about it, BUT if he just cuts me off, I will do the same for him
Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The SECOND biggest danger on the road is split speed limits. The FIRST is governed trucks!
It's not the trucks, it's the drivers. Just like guns don't kill people, it's the idiots using the gun that kills people.

I agree and understand what you are talking about. It's rare that I ever pass another truck, and when I'm passed by another governed I slow down and let him by if they are holding people up in the hammer lane.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Board Icon

Git R Dun.

Gotta go. Gotta go.

:roll:
Old 04-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
The SECOND biggest danger on the road is split speed limits. The FIRST is governed trucks!
It's not the trucks, it's the drivers. Just like guns don't kill people, it's the idiots using the gun that kills people.

I agree and understand what you are talking about. It's rare that I ever pass another truck, and when I'm passed by another governed I slow down and let him by if they are holding people up in the hammer lane.

you are a professional who actually considers other drivers. that is rare these days and I commend you, I bet you didnt go to a 2 week driver school did you? I would bet that you learned from someone who trucked for a long time and understands how things are. am I right or wrong?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! From now on, instead of SHOOTING the truck, I'll just SHOOT the driver!! :lol:

Old 04-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Git R Dun.

Gotta go. Gotta go.

:roll:
Rev: SOME of us don't get a percentage of a load, nor have the luxury of driving 300 miles a week and calling it a good week!

Personally, my paycheck is not always in question, based on how many miles I can get in a day. But, my HOMETIME is! Driving coast to coast to coast every week, 5 mph sustained over only HALF of my week, is 3-6 hours extra hometime on EACH end of my week!

Currently, because of a team driver who needs 30 minutes just to wash his hands, I trip plan at only 50 mhp average! When, I find myself falling behind that goal, I see myself getting home at 3 in the morning instead of 9 at night. Yeah, it chaps my azz!

I'm no BBR!! If I HAD a triple digit truck, I would STILL drive no more than 5 over. But, when I'm doing 70-75 in a 70-75 mph zone, and some idiot pulls out and blocks me doing 1 mile faster than the truck he's been slovenly following for the past 15 minutes or so... causing me to hit the brakes, and lose all my momentum for the next hill.... yeah.... I get STEAMED!!

If you don't understand that, you belong at home (the OLD FOLKS HOME) with Fozzy!

Better yet.... you belong in a 4wheeler!! :shock:

Old 04-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't care if you're driving the speed limit or NOT!

I don't care if you're speeding or not

If you take all day to pass him, and hold up traffic while doing so, you're an AZZ!!

All day? Are we taking exaggeration pills today? I'm not holding up traffic, I'm just making some impatient underpaid frustrated cry baby get off the gas a little And as for being a "___", I'll bet if we had a contest and asked the general public what upsets them more, being tailgated by BBR or being passed a little slowly, which bothers them, I know what the answer would be.

You won't GAIN much, since you're not much faster than him!

I'm not out to "gain" anything, I'm not trying to win some race nor am I in a contest.

Different topic and of course your use of the terms you chose is VERY telling, so all day you are bearing down on people?

And, don't MAKE me get on the CB and TELL you when you've cleared him by MORE than 2 trucklengths!

Don't bother yelling dumb things on the radio, mine is rarely if ever on because of dumb hicks on the radio trying to tell other drivers with more brains and skill how to drive. It's none of you business when I decided to move back over in front of another vehicle.. does and make you mad or something?

And if, when I finally get back up to speed and pass you, don't LET me find you on the cellphone - totally OBLIVIOUS to the bullsh$t you just pulled!!!

Again when and if I decide to get on the cellphone (rarely if ever do I drive and talk on the cell) It's still none of your business nor should you really care. How often are you bearing down on people while on the phone oblivious to proper following distances? Sounds like its an all day thing for you. And Mr Rambo.. what If I AM on the cellphone?

I'm not your brother and if I where, I'd have to take you behind the woodshed for some manners lessons. it's obvious no one else did during your upbringing. There are very few drivers these days that I have much to anything to do with or proclaim any relation too.

But then, I'm not sure you would understand that!

I watch national geographic specials on chimps and other apes, but I also do not clam them as brothers. I probably would enjoy their discussions more than yours anyway.

And you've CLEARLY shown that you just don't CARE!

I care plenty, I do not have time to care about low foreheads who are constantly running up people's rear ends all day and cannot understand simple concepts or get into mind numbed rage over the fact that someone may have to pass or give another driver some room to enter or exit a ramp. You dare call me selfish when you are demanding that everyone and everything stay completely out of your way "or else". Grow up!

I did a t one time.. and? I still go out and drive the speed limits or even 5 under on the 70MPH freeways here. Does than make me some sort of arch enemy of the BBR club? I'll match my record against any of you "gotta go" punks any day of the week and beat you in every category you can name. Of course since most of you goons cannot keep records of what you do in case of some legal trouble and the threat of self incrimination, thats impossible.