User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sleeping beside a freaking refer!!!

How can you guys put up with a refer parked beside you! I just use my bunk for "power naps" normaly. Yesterday, I got put on hold in FT. Nelson, 8 hr wait, bush road too yucky. I get paid, truck gets paid, I realy need the sleep... all good. Nope, some lonliy driver had to snugle up to me (only other truck there) Yep, me and refer boy side by side, just us! I just about hit the roof when he parked and set his spring brakes, I'm O.K. with that, then the idleing, I'm O.K. with that, shut it off, all good ... sleepy, Then I thought I heard a thunder clap :shock: Nope, his refer thing ARG!!! 10 min running, 5 min off, 10 min running 5 minutes off :evil: And then the kid with the sled.... First time I slept at a truck stop, last time too! I'd rather sleep in the bush
Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Sleeping beside a freaking refer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLT
How can you guys put up with a refer parked beside you!
Ain't as bad as sleeping next to a bull wagon. Mmmm. Fresh air.[/quote]
Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey snob who drives by me all the time and never says hi! One night I'll find you and turn my reefer on just to piss ya off! hahaha
Luckily we sleep while waiting for our load so no reefer running for me while I sleep. If I'm doing a longer trip I'm usually so tired by the time I stop for a nap that it won't bug me, if it does I put it on continuous.

Its not just reefers though, last night at the 5th Wheel, there was enough parking to go around but this dude from Red Deer has to come park right beside me with a friggin air leak. pshhh, pshhhhhh, pshhhhhhhh, pshhhhhhhh
ARGHHHHHHHH
I got up earlier than I wanted.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Sleeping beside a freaking refer!!!

Quote:
How can you guys put up with a refer parked beside you! I just use my bunk for "power naps" normaly. Yesterday, I got put on hold in FT. Nelson, 8 hr wait, bush road too yucky. I get paid, truck gets paid, I realy need the sleep... all good. Nope, some lonliy driver had to snugle up to me (only other truck there) Yep, me and refer boy side by side, just us! I just about hit the roof when he parked and set his spring brakes, I'm O.K. with that, then the idleing, I'm O.K. with that, shut it off, all good ... sleepy, Then I thought I heard a thunder clap :shock: Nope, his refer thing ARG!!! 10 min running, 5 min off, 10 min running 5 minutes off :evil: And then the kid with the sled.... First time I slept at a truck stop, last time too! I'd rather sleep in the bush

Ah EXCUSE ME! Do you like eating?? That REEFER <- Correct spelling BTW! Is what puts food on your table. Quit whining you sound like a 4wheeler.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Most reefers and or idling engines never bothered me. It got to the point that silence is what would keep me up at night.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm no snob, your the snob. I've been looking for your horse face all winter :b Your shy L.N. ops: I going back up there right now, hopfully the last time for awhile... I'm getting tired. I was parked by that big snow pile, nice quiet spot. Not! You've been checking me out, haven't you :wink:
Old 03-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Senior Board Member

P.S. I've managed to dodge the Inuvik trip so far, those guys are soo cranky when they get back :shock: One guy had to ware his chains 600 km :shock: "My trailers are too old boss" :wink:
Old 03-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Most reefers and or idling engines never bothered me. It got to the point that silence is what would keep me up at night.
I'm the same way, I have to have sometype of noise maker to be able to sleep. Prolly from my days when I was working as a stagehand at concerts. We would sleep during the show in the bowels of the arena, you learned how to sleep during rock concerts real quick.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
P.S. I've managed to dodge the Inuvik trip so far, those guys are soo cranky when they get back :shock: One guy had to ware his chains 600 km :shock: "My trailers are too old boss" :wink:
That guy was HILARIOUS! He was chained up on Petersen Hill and it was NOT bad. He said he couldn't make it. Oh he was cursing and swearing and wanted to know how far to steamboat! He was gonna run like 125 km's on almost bare road just so he didn't have to chain up again. I told him steamboat was +6 and almost bare, buddy take the chains off. hahah

I have not been watching you... I don't know who you are. lol I'm the one that told YOU my truck number. And I'm usually the only woman driver there, other than our spare.
The big snow pile, were you backed in to the left of the parking lot? If so thats our spot, stay outta there! hahahaha
Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Board Regular

I like having the reefer trucks next to me, one on each side is nice, I have my air on full blast, I need all the noise I can get. Then I fall asleep like nothing, What bothers me though is the lot lizards.

Staying overnight at a truck stop in phenix city Alabama was hell. I got a knock every couple hours, A long hard knock. Then at 3 am I woke up and felt the truck moving, the bitch was standing on my truck trying to open my door, I forgot my walet on the dash.