Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Now you are just splitting hairs. :roll:
No, not even CLOSE! YOU stated your "opinion" or current "knowledge" as FACTS! In a way that implied all previous posts were speculation or misinformation. Something you do quite often!

How you can presume to know all the FACTS about such a proposed merger, on the first day it hits the papers, is beyond me. Perhaps, you should learn how to say "IMHO." Or, "this is what I know to date." Or something similar.

You're a smart man, Rev! Too smart to make such a DEFINITIVE statement about something that is still being litigated and formulated.

When Bush gave a news conference, or his speech to Congress, saying "these are the facts..." did you swallow THAT line with hook and sinker, too?

Personally, I listened, reflected, and waited for more info. I was proven RIGHT to do so. What YOU quoted as FACTS, was just the info YOU gleaned from some "conference call" which you have YET to substantiate.

Had you been on this board in the mid 50's.... would you have quoted as FACTS that the "War of the Worlds" was in process??? Because you "heard it on the radio?"

There's no "splitting of hairs" involved when one says, "these are the FACTS." The person stating that has gone out on a limb. Either he is proven correct, or the limb is cut off and he falls on his face!

You REALLY need to get a "grip" on your infallibility! Even the POPE has an "exit strategy." Come to think of it... I bet you are a Catholic, right?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm going to change the direction on this thread....... HIJACKED!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what really pisses me off on this merger... the media's coverage.

They try to compare the two and what both have as attractions and the top draws to each company. They compare Howard and Oprah..... how many Howard fan's really want to listen to Oprah and how many Oprah fans care if they can now have Howard?

The media is so out of touch.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

http://www.talkers.com/main/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=44

Ole' Howie took a big hit and the bbboys moved way up!

Frunkis.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
No, not even CLOSE! YOU stated your "opinion" or current "knowledge" as FACTS! In a way that implied all previous posts were speculation or misinformation. Something you do quite often!
No, they were the facts, given by the CEO's of both companies. They were not my opinion, and they were not speculation.

Quote:
How you can presume to know all the FACTS about such a proposed merger, on the first day it hits the papers, is beyond me.
Because I READ those papers, and READ those articles to get the FACTS.

Quote:
Perhaps, you should learn how to say "IMHO." Or, "this is what I know to date." Or something similar.
Now you are telling me how to word things? :roll:

Quote:
You're a smart man, Rev! Too smart to make such a DEFINITIVE statement about something that is still being litigated and formulated.
I suppose you think the two companies didn't come to a written agreement before announcing this to the public, and I suppose you think these things weren't in such an agreement. I suppose you think the CEO's of both companies are pulling these things out of their butts. I'm sure the shareholders would love that.

Quote:
When Bush gave a news conference, or his speech to Congress, saying "these are the facts..." did you swallow THAT line with hook and sinker, too?
What does Bush have to do with the Sirius/XM merger?

Quote:
Personally, I listened, reflected, and waited for more info. I was proven RIGHT to do so.
How were you proven right? The facts haven't changed, because the companies haven't changed them yet.

Quote:
What YOU quoted as FACTS, was just the info YOU gleaned from some "conference call" which you have YET to substantiate.
And as I said before - if you want the information, look it up yourself. Until then, you are talking out of your butt, and have nothing to base ANYTHING on.

Quote:
Had you been on this board in the mid 50's.... would you have quoted as FACTS that the "War of the Worlds" was in process??? Because you "heard it on the radio?"
If I had been on this board in the mid 50's, that would have been a miracle, in several ways.

Quote:
There's no "splitting of hairs" involved when one says, "these are the FACTS." The person stating that has gone out on a limb. Either he is proven correct, or the limb is cut off and he falls on his face!
I'm still waiting for you to stop SPECULATING that I am wrong, and produce some FACTS to refute it.

Quote:
You REALLY need to get a "grip" on your infallibility! Even the POPE has an "exit strategy." Come to think of it... I bet you are a Catholic, right?
Agnostic. :roll:
Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
http://www.talkers.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemi d=44

Ole' Howie took a big hit and the bbboys moved way up!

Frunkis.
That is the most ridiculous magazine I've ever seen - they have MANCOW above Howard Stern. MANCOW lost his Chicago home base last year, and has been losing stations all over the country (his latest loss is Kansas City). He is only on in small markets and low wattage AM stations.

I noticed that the magazine states " In addition to radio, it covers talk shows on broadcast and cable television as well as Internet-only shows and podcasting."

Where is satellite radio in there? Hmmmmmmm? :roll:
Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
they have MANCOW above Howard Stern. MANCOW lost his Chicago home base last year, and has been losing stations all over the country (his latest loss is Kansas City). He is only on in small markets and low wattage AM stations.
Well.... ummm...... He probably has more listeners than Howie.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
No, they were the facts, given by the CEO's of both companies. They were not my opinion, and they were not speculation.

I didn't say YOU were speculating. I said that your post citing so called FACTS made it sound like all the other posts before you were "speculating."

Quote:
How you can presume to know all the FACTS about such a proposed merger, on the first day it hits the papers, is beyond me.
Because I READ those papers, and READ those articles to get the FACTS.

Before... you said you got your info from a webcast of a newsconference. Now you say you read the papers. I read the papers, too, and all I saw was questions about the viability and technology of the "proposed" merger. I saw PROPOSALS of what they hoped to do. I saw no facts of what would happen. And the few speculations I read, indicated the possibility of a need for new hardware to be bought by the consumer.

Quote:
Perhaps, you should learn how to say "IMHO." Or, "this is what I know to date." Or something similar.
Now you are telling me how to word things? :roll:

No, I'm SUGGESTING a better way of wording things that are not yet PROVEN to be FACT.

Quote:
I suppose you think the two companies didn't come to a written agreement before announcing this to the public, and I suppose you think these things weren't in such an agreement. I suppose you think the CEO's of both companies are pulling these things out of their butts. I'm sure the shareholders would love that.

NO, these things were NOT in the "agreement in principle" made between the two CEO's who have NO IDEA how their own companies work. And the stocks traded "wildly" on the speculation.

Quote:
What does Bush have to do with the Sirius/XM merger?

Probably more than you think... but I was not making such a connection. I was giving another example of how CEO's (Presidents) make speeches of INTENT..... not FACT.

Quote:
Personally, I listened, reflected, and waited for more info. I was proven RIGHT to do so.
How were you proven right? The facts haven't changed, because the companies haven't changed them yet.

I was referring to BUSH and the FACTS leading up to the War in Iraq! :roll:

Quote:
What YOU quoted as FACTS, was just the info YOU gleaned from some "conference call" which you have YET to substantiate.
And as I said before - if you want the information, look it up yourself. Until then, you are talking out of your butt, and have nothing to base ANYTHING on.

I base my current comments on the reports in the Money section of USA Today. On what do you base YOUR speculation on? CITE THE LINK!

Quote:
If I had been on this board in the mid 50's, that would have been a miracle, in several ways.

Nice "dodge." But my point still stands. :roll:

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to stop SPECULATING that I am wrong, and produce some FACTS to refute it.

That's just "IT!" The FACTS are not IN yet!! When they ARE.... we'll see how accurate your posting of FACTS was. :roll:

Quote:

:lol: :lol: But, still.... tell me. Catholic upbringing, right??? Do you deny it?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:

:lol: :lol: But, still.... tell me. Catholic upbringing, right??? Do you deny it?
Yes, I do. Neither of my parents were Catholic. :roll:
Old 02-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I do. Neither of my parents were Catholic. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, with a name like Vassago?? If you SAY so, I believe it!! I have no reason to doubt your FACTS, when they are something you should KNOW about! :lol:

So, I guess you didn't even "get" my reference to infallibility. :roll: Another wasted effort! Des regeur! (sp?)