Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Here are the facts:

1. The receiver you have now will still work - they plan to use BOTH companies satellites to broadcast the same programming.

2. The price won't change because of the merger. They discussed adding some premium content (like area-specific traffic, marine weather, etc.) that the customer will be allowed to "pick and choose".

3. The programming will be merged. Meaning, some of your favorite stations will go away, if they deem that the other service has a better station suited for it.
Not arguing with you, REV, but please cite your source.
My source is the transcript of the conference they had after the merger was announced.
So, you were AT the conference? And received a paper copy of the transcript? No.... I didn't think so.

I didn't ask you to cite a "reference." I THOUGHT I was clearly asking you to cite a weblink to the SOURCE of the transcript you read. That way, I can read it, too! I could cite a TRUCKER as a reference for info, but that wouldn't make it true, now would it?

According to USA Today, there are still MANY of these issues up for discussion and development. If you would PLEASE cite a LINK to your source, so I can see how this has all been decided allready, I would be forever grateful!

Or were you just regurgitating some "press release" or "pulbic announcement" that you read somewhere AFTER the conference?

If it is an "actual" transcript of a "conference" it would be insightful. Not necessarily TRUTHFULL, but helpful. I would have to read it myself to decide what is truth and what is "speculation" or "Proposal." That is MY prerogative. Your post, like most of them, would lead a "lesser mind" to believe you knew all the FACTS. I bet you believe everything BUSH says is true, too? After all, I'm sure you could cite the transcript of all his press conferences and speaches as your "source."

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
So, you were AT the conference? And received a paper copy of the transcript? No.... I didn't think so.
Actually, I listened to the conference, as it was webcast, and I read the transcript from it. :roll:

Quote:
I didn't ask you to cite a "reference." I THOUGHT I was clearly asking you to cite a weblink to the SOURCE of the transcript you read. That way, I can read it, too! I could cite a TRUCKER as a reference for info, but that wouldn't make it true, now would it?

According to USA Today, there are still MANY of these issues up for discussion and development. If you would PLEASE cite a LINK to your source, so I can see how this has all been decided allready, I would be forever grateful!
Why do I have to do the work for you? It's available online, if you actually go look for it.

Quote:
Or were you just regurgitating some "press release" or "pulbic announcement" that you read somewhere AFTER the conference?

If it is an "actual" transcript of a "conference" it would be insightful. Not necessarily TRUTHFULL, but helpful. I would have to read it myself to decide what is truth and what is "speculation" or "Proposal." That is MY prerogative. Your post, like most of them, would lead a "lesser mind" to believe you knew all the FACTS. I bet you believe everything BUSH says is true, too? After all, I'm sure you could cite the transcript of all his press conferences and speaches as your "source."
I was going to find you a link for it, but since you have such an attitude about it, I won't. :roll:
Old 02-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Actually, I listened to the conference, as it was webcast, and I read the transcript from it. :roll:

Why do I have to do the work for you? It's available online, if you actually go look for it.

I was going to find you a link for it, but since you have such an attitude about it, I won't. :roll:

That's okay, Rev. About what I expected. I'm home for a few days, I'll check it out myself.... not that I really even CARE about this subject. [But, it beats the Anna Nicole Smith Saga!]

I just wanted to know WHERE you got your FACTS from.... and why you were so certain about them. But, I should KNOW you better by now.

And............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I DO!!! :wink:

Old 02-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Making all the customers buy new radios would be crazy.... ie Monopoly. If the FCC and the Dept of Justice even smell a hint of a Monopoly they will reject the merger in a heart beat.
Not with this current administration....
Old 02-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Making all the customers buy new radios would be crazy.... ie Monopoly. If the FCC and the Dept of Justice even smell a hint of a Monopoly they will reject the merger in a heart beat.

They only way it could be called would be Monopoly. They're the only 2 satellite radio companies in the U.S
That's why I said earlier that this merger Might not be approved.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

That is why they would be really happy to see a new company start up that is outside of them. Along with the Free Radio folks beating up on the FCC to stop the merger, it will be a tough road to hoe for these 2 to merge.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Senior Board Member

this is what Mel said today. all content will be broadcast on Both siruis and xm so you will be able to use the same reciever you have now, the new recievers will be able to get either xm or siruis on the same unit, so you can buy whichever one you like best. he also promosed there will be no price increase, I guess time will tell.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I am one of the last people on this board to agree with Rev, but I listened to the conference call too. He is correct on his facts.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
I am one of the last people on this board to agree with Rev, but I listened to the conference call too. He is correct on his facts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:
I am not questioning the REV on what he heard. I am questioning whether or not what was "announced" during a news conference or conference call, at the early stages of a merger discussion, PRIOR to FCC rulings, court battles, etc., can be considered "FACTS."

I don't have the computer memory to stream video at this time (or audio for that matter.) I was simply asking for a link to a transcript that I could read for myself, so that I can weed out the propaganda.

I was told to "go fish." No problem. If I ever decide to CARE, I'll do that. Meanwhile... I question how ANYONE can post "preliminary" press releases, or company B.S. as FACTS.

Perhaps, unless he can see into the future, the Rev should have said something like: "these are the FACTS as reported during a conference call" (between WHOM - I don't know!)

The FACT is.... this merger is still in the embryonic stage, and has not even been approved. What they THINK they can do, or what they SAY they can do, is YET to be proven.

The "pablum" that the Rev quoted as fact, is just another BIG company or two telling you what you want to hear - to keep you from selling off their stock! Anyone remember ENRON??

It may ALL prove out to be true. I don't know. But, I ain't buying stock on rumors and innuendos.