User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Christocrats trying to sneak their BS into schools here.

The Christocrats have started to do their best to insert themselves and their religious based idiocy into the local schools here..

They obviously are banking on the fact that the parents are apathetic morons and do not know that this is a blatant attempt to insert religion into the schools on the governments dime. This is one of those topics where the President and I butt heads on. Using "faith based" organizations to feed and clothe the poor or to clean up the adult drug addicts and such is fine. The attempt at infiltrating the schools is pure BS!

P.S. if you are going to try and sneak this into the schools, you might want to name it something than AGAPE... :roll:

http://www.jewsonfirst.org/sex-ed.html
Old 10-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Christocrats trying to sneak their BS into schools here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
The Christocrats have started to do their best to insert themselves and their religious based idiocy into the local schools here..

They obviously are banking on the fact that the parents are apathetic morons and do not know that this is a blatant attempt to insert religion into the schools on the governments dime. This is one of those topics where the President and I butt heads on. Using "faith based" organizations to feed and clothe the poor or to clean up the adult drug addicts and such is fine. The attempt at infiltrating the schools is pure BS!

P.S. if you are going to try and sneak this into the schools, you might want to name it something than AGAPE... :roll:

http://www.jewsonfirst.org/sex-ed.html
Did you read the article you linked to? I don't see as how teaching abstinence would be wrong coming from a religious or secular stand point. If its good enough for you for the drug addicts and feeding and clothing the poor why would it be wrong in this case. I see you or your son have been in the military and as you know this country you have fought for was founded on religious freedom and beliefs, so whats wrong with this picture. Everyone has the right to reject religion and learning about it will never hurt anyone!! Most people are never happy unless the have something to B@#ch about!!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

No matter what you teach for sex-education, there will ALWAYS be a few students that are going to try it. Probably a lot like Fozzy, they won't believe anything unless they can experience it themselves.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Senior Board Member

The main point being that they are supposedly teaching sex education when that is not what they are doing. Teaching abstinence is fine if it is part of the whole picture and other issues are taught. Look up the history of the group and unless you are a flat earth moron, you can understand what this is. There is no way that a group calling itself AGAPE can be separated from religion. My daughter is not taking part in this BS, and she will be forced into detention for not going. This is also being offered in her Spanish Class, not health, not P.E.

And feeding bums who are adults is a totally different issue than indoctrinating children under the guise of "teaching".
Old 10-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Board Icon

The Hobo Compromise:

Sex Ed classes should be dropped entirely. They get enough of that on T.V.

Public schools should require equal credit hours in both Health Ed, and Religious Ed.

Teach all about the STD's, abortion issues, and whatever in Health class and follow an "approved" curriculum.

Teach about ALL religions, with an honest appraisal of the proof or lack thereof in Religion class.

Health teachers MUST have a science degree, and Religion teachers MUST be agnostics.

Parents and preachers should be responsible for teaching the benefits of abstinence.

Schools should start teaching such mundane topics as Reading, Riting, and Rithmatic!

If the government wants to spend our money on moral messages, they should advertise on MTV or other stupid programs kids can't get enough of! It's a proven fact, any message taught in school WILL be ignored anyway!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Christocrats trying to sneak their BS into schools here.

Did you read the article you linked to?

Why else would I have posted it?

I don't see as how teaching abstinence would be wrong coming from a religious or secular stand point.

That's your problem. If you cannot see the difference is teaching abstinence other than making some flying spaghetti monster mad, then your part of the problem rather than the salution.

If its good enough for you for the drug addicts and feeding and clothing the poor why would it be wrong in this case.

The feds wanted to help people on the local level in areas where there was no federal programs in place. Locals helping locals is the idea behind this. There are already teachers in the schools who can teach health related subjects. Offering our children up to religious mumbo jumbo is not the same thing.

I see you or your son have been in the military and as you know this country you have fought for was founded on religious freedom and beliefs, so whats wrong with this picture.

Exactly, the country was founded on religious freedoms, you can attend the church of your choice and indoctrinate yourself to whatever you want to. This is not the same thing as inserting a religious program into the schools under the guise of health education. If this were some pagan or Jewish program, can you honestly say that there would be acceptance from Christian groups?

Everyone has the right to reject religion and learning about it will never hurt anyone!!

If my children are going to be force fed religion, its not going to be at a public school. And again, if this were about some other religion, I'll bet that you'd have a huge problem with it.

Most people are never happy unless the have something to B@#ch about!!

Yeah, Like the "gay" teletubbie and the evil satanic carebears.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
They obviously are banking on the fact that the parents are apathetic morons
Well... Fozzy, you CERTAINLY can't be accused of being apathetic! :wink:

Just kidding! :lol:

One point though, before this gets out of hand. I'm not sure everyone understood your point that they are NOT just teaching abstinence... they are teaching abstinence ONLY! i.e. NO education on contraception - which is why some get upset. If, children FAIL to follow the teachings of abstinence, and are NOT taught contraception, they will not only be subjecting themselves to unwanted pregnancies... but ALSO STD's!

Now.... did you say this was being taught in SPANISH class???? :shock:

One of two things is going on here. Either Spanish classes are full of Mexican immigrants because it's an easy "A"... in which case this is RACIST (to assume THEY are the only ones who need this)

Or... the government is too stupid to realize that Mexican immigrants don't NEED Spanish classes! :roll:

Old 10-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Cool....Im a Christocrat. I like that. Too bad I cant fit it on my licence plate or it would be there tomorrow.

As far as public schools....honestly, I dont really care about them or what they teach. I just dont lose any sleep over it. Its really a non issue for me. I send my kids to private Christian schools.
However, I would love to get a huge tax write off for sending my kids to Private school. Being that I dont care about public schools, I dont use public schools so I dont think I should have to PAY for public schools. However, as long as I am paying taxes towards public schools although Im not using them, I will continue to try to force my "Christocrat" ideology.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Board Icon

If that doesn't work out for you, Sheepdancer, you can always join the Taliban.

They could use a few more "moral enforcers."

Old 10-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Board Icon

And Exactly what does this have to do with Trucking? The Topic for this section is Anything and Everything Truck Related.

All you're trying to do is Inflame and Doth Protesteth Too Much