User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Somewhere between Western Canada and Texas/California
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:

So in my opinion, Science whether Darwin's or any other mans, attempt to disprove God, has in the process just Proved Him.
I do not know of a single serious scientist that would even attempt to disprove God.

It is not possible to disprove a belief. That is why we call it Belief, and not fact.

My sister is devoutly religious. I am not.

Her and I have had some very significant discussions.

The last time I talked with her I said to her, "The biggest difference between you and me, is that you think I am wrong, where as I do not think you are".

Ok, so now that you have come in here and put your two cents in on my thread, that means I can now come in and put mine in on yours.

I have not for one moment said that you are wrong, lets see if you give to me the same courtesy.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnProDriver
Quote:

So in my opinion, Science whether Darwin's or any other mans, attempt to disprove God, has in the process just Proved Him.
I do not know of a single serious scientist that would even attempt to disprove God.

It is not possible to disprove a belief. That is why we call it Belief, and not fact.

My sister is devoutly religious. I am not.

Her and I have had some very significant discussions.

The last time I talked with her I said to her, "The biggest difference between you and me, is that you think I am wrong, where as I do not think you are".

Ok, so now that you have come in here and put your two cents in on my thread, that means I can now come in and put mine in on yours.

I have not for one moment said that you are wrong, lets see if you give to me the same courtesy.

I never said you where wrong, what did I say is the question? I said since we where talking about therory therfor I therorized! And to which thread will you put your 2 cents in, the religion debate has been locked. I know how about the "Fact or speculation thread"?
http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...436&highlight=
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Rookie

Religion is a great thing for children to learn morals. I really do think religion is great in that aspect, but lets look at facts. Does anyone really believe there is someone in the sky that is going to pull us up, and judge us? That a total wacky thing to think. Does anyone realize the middle east is in total turmoil because of religion. They been killing each other for years, because of it. What makes you think your god is better then other's? They kill each other for there God. I wonder why you dont think that strong of your god.

Does anyone actually think there is a guy in the sky that is watching over us? If so, please wake to the real world!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 02:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
But then we come to the problem of the limited gene pool after the flood if some are to believe the biblical spin. How many times do you figure that siblings have mated since then?

Thats God's hand in things, to keep the obviouse from happining.
Here is a therory, let's say God made man in His image, ok. Now we have the perfect being. This perfect being become's imperfect through sin, the sin of not believing God. Now through the Age's his or thier blood line "or Gean's become less and less because of sin." So therfor it is a slow depletion of the perfect being. And Why? Because of Unbelief, The ultimate Law, once broken, produces Sins and causing them to be excedingly sinful, therfor the concious pulls away, from the creator, knowing the sinfulness of themselves. So God sends the Word, to die for man, once the Word died, the Law was dead. Therfor man cannot be held accountable if no law is ineffect, Now the Word comes back to life, to give new life to the man, all man has to do is believe. "Again the garden", the man still dead because of the former law, cannot live untill he accepts, the law giver's gift of Grace. "He paid a debt He did not Owe".

But why the Law? Because as littleman said God is subject to His own law.
Darwin said "He must be duality, and consist of the manafest and the non-manafest"
Duality being the maker of all, including Good and Evil.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman
Religion is a great thing for children to learn morals. I really do think religion is great in that aspect, but lets look at facts. Does anyone really believe there is someone in the sky that is going to pull us up, and judge us? That a total wacky thing to think. Does anyone realize the middle east is in total turmoil because of religion. They been killing each other for years, because of it. What makes you think your god is better then other's? They kill each other for there God. I wonder why you dont think that strong of your god.

Does anyone actually think there is a guy in the sky that is watching over us? If so, please wake to the real world!!!
John and some of the other apostles spoke of this," They will say, where is His comming, it's all been the same since the fathers" (paraphrased)

It takes more faith to be an athiest than a believer!

Here we go again you ready Fozzy?
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Somewhere between Western Canada and Texas/California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimland
Here is a therory, let's say God made man in His image, ok....................
Here is where I have an issue.

You use the word theory, when I think a better word would be idea.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnProDriver
Quote:
Here is a therory, let's say God made man in His image, ok....................
Here is where I have an issue.

You use the word theory, when I think a better word would be idea.

Arn't they pretty much the same? Idea, I have an Idea. Theory, I have a Theory.
Either way arn't they somthing that might be worth believing? So why do you have an issue? Dont most theory's start with an idea? and most idea's based off theory?

I am not understanding this, That you have an issue.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 02-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
But then we come to the problem of the limited gene pool after the flood if some are to believe the biblical spin. How many times do you figure that siblings have mated since then?

Thats God's hand in things, to keep the obviouse from happining.
Here is a therory, let's say God made man in His image, ok. Now we have the perfect being. This perfect being become's imperfect through sin, the sin of not believing God. Now through the Age's his or thier blood line "or Gean's become less and less because of sin." So therfor it is a slow depletion of the perfect being. And Why? Because of Unbelief, The ultimate Law, once broken, produces Sins and causing them to be excedingly sinful, therfor the concious pulls away, from the creator, knowing the sinfulness of themselves. So God sends the Word, to die for man, once the Word died, the Law was dead. Therfor man cannot be held accountable if no law is ineffect, Now the Word comes back to life, to give new life to the man, all man has to do is believe. "Again the garden", the man still dead because of the former law, cannot live untill he accepts, the law giver's gift of Grace. "He paid a debt He did not Owe".

But why the Law? Because as littleman said God is subject to His own law.
Darwin said "He must be duality, and consist of the manafest and the non-manafest"
Duality being the maker of all, including Good and Evil.

This is just more spin and biblical born threats. Ever try anwering the question posed? There are many stories in the bible that are simply insulting to anyone who can think above the level of a bowl of corn meal mush. The Arc is one of them. Next comes the ever laughable whale story.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman

John and some of the other apostles spoke of this," They will say, where is His comming, it's all been the same since the fathers" (paraphrased)

It takes more faith to be an athiest than a believer!

Here we go again you ready Fozzy?
Ive never met a true atheist btw... I've also only met one or two people who I'd consider even remotely a Christian. You have to be "Christ like" to be a Christian. There are an extremely low number of Christ like people on the face of the planet. There are fewer who are living the life of a Christian based on the bibles tennats. If there were, the world (and especially countries touting "Christian lineage) wouldnt be such a mess.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

quote Slimland
Arn't they pretty much the same? Idea, I have an Idea. Theory, I have a Theory.