User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truck Break-in

I saw a guy squatting on the running boards of a truck I was passing one night, and the guy had a crow bar trying to get the door open, I talked to the driver on the 2-way, man that was funny
Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Rookie

One time i accidentally flushed my truck key down the toilet, while the truck sat outside running with the ac on.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Board Regular

I accidenylt locked my key in the truck....the tow company couldn't get his tools into the truck (brand new) he was about to give up. I borrowed his screwdriver and popped the sidebox open, climbed into the box (good thing I'm medium build) and popped the latch on the bunk.....after I got the door open....he looked my straight in the eye and said $100.00....break into my own truck and he wanted to charge me BAH
Old 06-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Board Regular

Expensive rental for a screwdriver I'd say. LOL

Drive safe everyone.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout
One time i accidentally flushed my truck key down the toilet, while the truck sat outside running with the ac on.
I had taken my truck to the alignment shop, where I had to take my door key off and put it with the ignition key. When I got the truck back, I forgot to put my door key back on my keyring.

I had just unloaded at the mall. I parked my truck down on the lot, and decided to leave the engine running while I went in to eat some overpriced supper, since it was late fall, and getting cold after dark.

When I came back out, I realized my mistake. Locked out. Nothing on my back but a flannel shirt, since my coat was in the truck. Getting cold fast. Greeeeaaat.

So I went up in the trailer and took inventory. One broken pallet, and a length of green plastic pallet strap material. How can I break into my truck with this?

I tried to pry up the knob with the green plastic strap, but I couldn't get it to bend at the right angle. I tried various other things. What I wound up doing was propping the pallet up against my truck (it was a cabover) to stand on while I beat the ever-loving hell out of the quarter window on the passenger side. I figured if I had to break a window, that would be the one I could most live without.

As it turned out, I popped it open without breaking it, and gained entry in short order.

The most disturbing thing about this whole experience is that while I spent about an hour obviously and purposefully breaking into this truck, none of the cops or security people who were constantly circling the property ever gave me a second look. I could have been breaking in there to rob the truck or kill the driver, but nobody seemed the slightest bit concerned.

I got another crash course in breaking and entry when some sixwheeler backed in in front of me and locked his keys in his truck. I couldn't get out of the dock until he moved, and he couldn't move until he got into the cab. He was waiting on someone from his company an hour away to come up and deal with it for him, but I had a schedule to keep, dammit, and I HAD TO GO.

After much experimentation with coat hangers and the like, I grabbed the button on the outside of his quarter window with my Vise-Grips, and managed to turn the whole thing far enough to pop the window.

I think the moral of the story is that quarter windows are not very secure. Come to think of it, my current truck doesn't even have them, I don't think. That's probably a good thing.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
Quote:
I had taken my truck to the alignment shop, where I had to take my door key off and put it with the ignition key. When I got the truck back, I forgot to put my door key back on my keyring.

I had just unloaded at the mall. I parked my truck down on the lot, and decided to leave the engine running while I went in to eat some overpriced supper, since it was late fall, and getting cold after dark.

When I came back out, I realized my mistake. Locked out. Nothing on my back but a flannel shirt, since my coat was in the truck. Getting cold fast. Greeeeaaat.

So I went up in the trailer and took inventory. One broken pallet, and a length of green plastic pallet strap material. How can I break into my truck with this?

I tried to pry up the knob with the green plastic strap, but I couldn't get it to bend at the right angle. I tried various other things. What I wound up doing was propping the pallet up against my truck (it was a cabover) to stand on while I beat the ever-loving hell out of the quarter window on the passenger side. I figured if I had to break a window, that would be the one I could most live without.

As it turned out, I popped it open without breaking it, and gained entry in short order.

The most disturbing thing about this whole experience is that while I spent about an hour obviously and purposefully breaking into this truck, none of the cops or security people who were constantly circling the property ever gave me a second look. I could have been breaking in there to rob the truck or kill the driver, but nobody seemed the slightest bit concerned.

I got another crash course in breaking and entry when some sixwheeler backed in in front of me and locked his keys in his truck. I couldn't get out of the dock until he moved, and he couldn't move until he got into the cab. He was waiting on someone from his company an hour away to come up and deal with it for him, but I had a schedule to keep, dammit, and I HAD TO GO.

After much experimentation with coat hangers and the like, I grabbed the button on the outside of his quarter window with my Vise-Grips, and managed to turn the whole thing far enough to pop the window.

I think the moral of the story is that quarter windows are not very secure. Come to think of it, my current truck doesn't even have them, I don't think. That's probably a good thing.

ok guys, our mechanic showed me how to do this, you put a glove on just in case and then you push very hard on the little glass window at the bottom of the passenger door, it will pop out and fall on the floor. then you reach through and open the door, tape a piece of cardboard over the hole and have the window put back in at the shop, they usually have to take the door apart to put it back in, so dont try to do it ypurself.
if you dont have the window in the door, then I guess you are screwed. maybe get a magnetic key holder and hide a key.
My son suggets ALWAYS LOCK THE DOOR WITH THE KEY.leave that way, you cant lock the key inside. leave it to a teenager to figure out the obvious.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have an extra key stashed under the hood zipped in place witha good ole wire tie.....good thing 2 because I have twice recently locked myself out in foggy sleepless mode...all i had to do was un latch the hood break the wire tie and get on with my day.......thats not a very helpfull idea if you drive a Volvo though
Old 06-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
I have an extra key stashed under the hood zipped in place witha good ole wire tie.....good thing 2 because I have twice recently locked myself out in foggy sleepless mode...all i had to do was un latch the hood break the wire tie and get on with my day.......thats not a very helpfull idea if you drive a Volvo though
good thing about a volvo is you CAN'T lock your keys in the truck... the door can only be locked with the key or from the inside when the door is closed
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
good thing about a volvo is you CAN'T lock your keys in the truck... the door can only be locked with the key or from the inside when the door is closed
And this is the only reason I haven't locked myself out of my truck this year :lol:

In previous years when I drove Freighliners, the locksmiths in various states were making a killing off of me. I had several copies made of the key.. three of them were inside the truck :lol: It was awfully pathetic!