User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFTE View Post
I think this is a joke but it was amusing. A driver told me after picking up a few things at walmart he was walking back through the parking lot and saw a woman standing beside her car, keys in one hand grocieries in the other. He approached her and asked if anything was wrong? She told him that the batteries in her (keyless) remote were dead and she couldn't get in here car. He took her keys and unlocked the door the old fashion way. Then gave back the keys and said now you can drive to the dealer for a new battery.
From some of the other examples of why stupid people should not have kids, I would have no doubt that it is true.

I was in Morris, IL last year. One of the drivers was going around looking for anyone who had keys for a Ford Expedition like his son's. His son left the lights on and the battery went dead. Because of the dead battery, the "keyless combination lock" on the door would not work to let them in. But they had no problem opening the hood from under the bumper. Jumper cables to the battery, and trying to charge up the battery, but still have to get inside to start it...

Duh... Jumper cables on the battery means the car has power... Use your combination and unlock the doors...:clap::lol2:

Old 04-01-2009, 03:56 AM
Rookie
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh How funny, I love all the stories, so thought I would add my own. I had a Volvo and no spare key. Well you can't lock the door without a key, and I would leave the truck on in the summer so my pugs would not die. The problem withthat is they would lock the door right after I got out when they would stand on the door and hit the lock. So I did 2 things, tapped a hard plastic cover over the door lock button and very quicly got in the habit of leaving the window open about 3 inches. Now I am only 5'1" so when they locked the door I could not reach the lock to unlock it. To solve this problem, I would ask another driver to jump up on the side and reach in and unlock it for me. Well the first thing he would say is "no way your dogs aren't gonna bite me" I would reply that if my dogs bit him I would give him a hundred dollars. I always got my door unlocked and never had to pay the hundred dollars.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Senior Board Member

I'll admit it. I've locked my keys in my Century a few times (once was this week). However, I always, always, ALWAYS keep two sets of keys with me. One goes in the door to open it and is used in the ignition. The other set stays in my pocket unless I lock the other set in the truck.
However, when I was younger (and dumber), I had an '86 Chevy Silverado K-10. I locked the keys in it, and finagled the sliding rear window open, crawled through the opening, and retrieved my keys. I couldn't do that on my current pickup, though, due to the design of the rear window.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member

My Volvo has power locks, though you cannot lock the door directly then close it, if I hit the power lock button while the door is open, it will lock (using the remote). Another interesting thing is if you lock either pass or driver side door, the other door automatically locks with it though if you unlock the driver side the pass side will stay locked.

You CAN open a volvo hood from the outside, it is not that hard.

Also as far as keys working in other trucks, when with swift I used to do this for the fun of it to unassigned trucks. My Freightliner Columbia key would work in about 1 out of every 3 freightliners on the yard on the door, ontop of that I even managed to start a few! Volvo key worked on about 1 in every 6 or so volvos, but never started any of them.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt