User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
We have credible reports that the Lady's Red Hat Society has a contract out on Doc's unmentionables.

Hey there are some really hot ladies in the Red Hat Society!!!

Well Hog there are still some secrets that have yet to be revealed...

Tis a shame the photo of the boa wearing doctor has all but disappeared...

Last edited by Doctor Who; 06-12-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Well sir Rabbit the BLOOD PRESSURE was way too high and the BLOOD GLUCOSE level was way too low!!!

The blood pressure issue can be corrected by meds and readjustment of diet however, the blood glucose problem is a bit more of a challenge so I considered the inevitable, the years of "Chasing the Horizon" have come to an end....

I am sorry to hear about the sugar problem, Doc. You might be able to help that with diet. Check with Vitamin World, if you have one in your area. They have herbs and vitamins for about everything. You can control your blood pressure with Hawthorn Berry Extract, especially when you use it with some Niacin. It will bring your blood pressure down without the side effects of the regular blood pressure medication that you get from the local pharmacy. Vitamin World has a computer that they can plug in what you want to correct and out comes some suggestions. It would be worth a try. I know that Chromium is supposed to be good for Diabetes. I would think that it might help for hypoglycemia or low blood sugar.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Default ....and the rockets RED glare...

But first this.... Gman, I've been doing some research on the items you mentioned. Some of the supplements and rearranging of the diet have helped with the blood pressure. The hypoglycemia is still a bit of a challenge but am working on it...

Now for the MAIN EVENT!!!!!

This dates back to the late '70's or early 80's!!! My partner and I were heading back home from another fun filled adventure in California with a load of what else??? PRODUCE!!!!
Before I get too distracted and what little mind I have left leaves me, we had stopped to pick up some boomables for the Independence Day Celebration!!!

OK, with that out of the way we had stopped at a T/A somewhere west of Pennsylvania for a break, food, fuel and whatever. Always an enjoyable thing to do on a horribly long road trip.

After about two hours of listening to the bull**** on the CB, my partner opened a package of bottle rockets, set one rocket on the mirror bracket and let it fly. No reaction, then he sent two off, the CB got quiet so I thought it would be real attention getter if I set some off also. A driver sitting across from us was laughing and enjoying the show as were a few others with one exception more on him in a bit....

As the red lights arced in the sky we noticed red lights coming back at us yes, another driver was shooting back at us.... THE WAR WAS ON!!!!

It was time for the heavy artillery, we broke out the ROMAN CANDLES that was the real attention getter until one backfired and exploded on our cab-over Pete!
When that happened the driver parked next to us came out of his sleeper and cussed us a big one...

Well it was time then to leave the T/A and haul ass down the highway!!!!

Last edited by Doctor Who; 06-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
But first this.... Gman, I've been doing some research on the items you mentioned. Some of the supplements and rearranging of the diet have helped with the blood pressure. The hypoglycemia is still a bit of a challenge but am working on it...

Now for the MAIN EVENT!!!!!

This dates back to the late '70's or early 80's!!! My partner and I were heading back home from another fun filled adventure in California with a load of what else??? PRODUCE!!!!
Before I get too distracted and what little mind I have left leaves me, we had stopped to pick up some boomables for the Independence Day Celebration!!!

OK, with that out of the way we had stopped at a T/A somewhere west of Pennsylvania for a break, food, fuel and whatever. Always an enjoyable thing to do on a horribly long road trip.

After about two hours of listening to the bull**** on the CB, my partner opened a package of bottle rockets, set one rocket on the mirror bracket and let it fly. No reaction, then he sent two off, the CB got quiet so I thought it would be real attention getter if I set some off also. A driver sitting across from us was laughing and enjoying the show as were a few others with one exception more on him in a bit....

As the red lights arced in the sky we noticed red lights coming back at us yes, another driver was shooting back at us.... THE WAR WAS ON!!!!

It was time for the heavy artillery, we broke out the ROMAN CANDLES that was the real attention getter until one backfired and exploded on our cab-over Pete!
When that happened the driver parked next to us came out of his sleeper and cussed us a big one...

Well it was time then to leave the T/A and haul ass down the highway!!!!
I miss Roman Candles and M-80s, so many good memories.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Another Lightning Adventure

A few days back another summertime SEVERE THUNDER STORM arrived in the usual fashion. The light show was fascinating while it was off in the distance however, this bad boy was moving a lot faster than I had expected!

As the storm rapidly approached I noticed that the lightning was getting more intense and was bright white which really caught my attention and of course a driver for MBM rolled in demanding fuel. I told him he would have to wait until the "light show" was over. I did get the usual response he was in a hurry he was running out of hours and the usual threats came along with it. Well I started the fueling ceremony and cussing the driver every few seconds when a bright white bolt of lightning struck the ground at a poultry warehouse two buildings up the road setting off the burglar alarms. Again, I told the driver he had asked for trouble and again I was told to **** off!

The next bolt was brighter than the first and it hit the cell tower in the salvage yard next to Ryder, the flash was so bright it knocked the lights out at the fuel island. I then started the count down 5-4-3... the clap of thunder was extremely loud, loud enough for the techs in the shop to run to the door to see if the fuel island was still on the property and at that point the rain came down so hard I couldn't see the shop. I kept thinking "Here I am, a storm chaser, stuck here unable to chase this fantastic display of Ma Natures fury!!!"

In about 10 minutes the storm had moved further east and the rain let up some. I asked the now shaken driver if there was anything else he wanted. He just told me he was going to leave and get a change of underwear!!! He managed to piss a huge puddle in the driver seat!!! I just shook my head and laughed...

Part Two:
This storm wouldn't give up!!!

As I was heading to the house the storm was still hanging around and the light show was still as intense. I figured a little chasing would still get done before I arrived at the house.. Well, I didn't get very far when a huge bright white bolt of lightning struck the north bound side of U.S. 301 just as a Sheriffs Deputy drove out from under an overpass. I turned around to see if the deputy was hurt, he wasn't but very badly shaken. As I talked with him I noticed a cell phone on the passenger side floor and asked the deputy if he was on the phone when the lightning hit the highway. He was and he told me he felt a shock and dropped the phone. I just told him it didn't surprise me and asked him again if he was going to be OK and then continued back to the house...

What a fun night!!!

Last edited by Doctor Who; 08-16-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Board Icon

Ya know, and I've probably said this before, but I think thunderstorms are beautiful. As long as they stay away from me. It's real neat, seeing storms off in the distance, and you can see the base cloud behind the rain. You can see all the formations when the lightning strikes just right. Gorgeous. It's lightning and thundering pretty good right now. We need rain. Everything is starting to dry up.
Sounds like a wild, and whooley night, Doc. Man, I hate being outside like that when it's lightning like that. There's an old saying that we use when we talk about someone that "isn't all there". We say, "He aint got enough sense to get out of the rain." Sounds like that driver you dealt with might be one of those fellers! Glad you made it home!

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Coming soon: The Doctors final ride!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

The Doctors Last Ride:

Labour Day weekend, received a phone call from the shop manager telling, not asking, if I could come in and deliver a tractor to a customer located in the "North" land off of 95 and pick up a "sick" tractor that needed some serious help!! I had nothing better planned for the day so, I wandered in and thus started off on the final adventure.

First mistake, believing the north bound scale on 95 would be closed on Sunday, it wasn't. The scale being open took a few big riggers by surprise!! Well I rolled across the scale no problem eased back out into the holiday traffic and proceeded on to my objective when I noticed a baby blue Mercury riding along side of me. Normally I wouldn't have paid much attention to the vehicle however, as a victim of an attempted hijacking years ago this vehicle bothered me a bit until the lady, who looked to be in her 60's lifted her blouse and "FLASHED" me as the car sped away. To say I wasn't a bit shocked would be a lie. Would it go under the heading "Now I've seen EVERYTHING!!!" Not quite!!

After the swap was made and a brief stop for a cold refreshing beverage I wandered back to the holiday mayhem on southbound 95 hoping I didn't meet up with the X rated Mercury again! The ride back was dreadfully slow as the beleaguered Freightliner struggled to maintain 60 miles per hour I resigned myself to sitting back and just enjoy the parade of holiday travelers whizzing by until......

As I approached the Rocky Mount exit a Subaru caught my attention as it pulled along side of the sick 'liner I looked down and saw a young lady enjoying a bit of "self manipulation"!!! Now that didn't surprise me too much however, the driver did get a tad pissed and tried to run me off the highway but to no avail!! The drivers next attempt was to pull in front of the lame 'liner and lock the brakes up. Again a fruitless attempt as I wheeled off the exit. The only thing the, now frustrated driver, could do was flip me the finger and drive on... Oh well!!!

When I got back to the shop I parked the truck and headed back to the house. Now can I say I've seen it all??? NO I doubt it however that definitely made the LAST RIDE a bit entertaining...

To quote a line from the classic Grateful Dead song "Truckin'"

"What a long strange trip it has been!!" Yes it has and after 35 years, give a day or two, the keys now hung up permanently the stories have come to an end!!!!

Last edited by Doctor Who; 09-15-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Board Regular

Wow,

What an interesting last ride. It seems pretty spectacular that you saw that much "action" on your very last ride. Maybe thats just an average day on the road. I'm not sure if you would call it lucky with the first incident, but then again these days, 60 can pass for 20.

You should sign off,
And thats...the ..... rest .... of the story. Or that's the way the cookie crumbies. Or stay classy chassis. Thanks for the free entertainment Doc!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Board Icon

Being up high in a truck is nice, but at the same time, it can be.... well, not good. :hellno: :lol:
Sounds like the last one, was an exciting one, Doc!
Gonna miss the adventures!

http://watsonsysco.com/