User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Finally some GOOD NEWS...

After more tests and MRI's than any human should be legally allowed to have, the THIRD opinion doctor has determined that Epilepsy is not what I have!!!

However, I have developed a severe reaction to gas/ethenol so, the petroleum hauling is over but something else may take its place but what it may be is still to be determined!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Doctor Who-

Glad the doctors found out what was wrong. Maybe you can be a dispatcher or recruiter in your next adventure. You can tell everyone where to go. :wink: :lol:
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

That is good news, Doc. Now, you'll be back out there in no time, keeping a watchful eye on white vans everywhere.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Board Icon

Good news, Doc. Glad to hear it. Hopefully, you will find something good.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Not to panic a few more Tales From The Asphalt Jungle will be coming forthwith if not sooner or later depending on the weather!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Rookie

I can't wait...
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Rookie

Ok well...... I have been driving for a year now so I still consider myself a newbee, and I sometimes make "little mistakes". Here is one.
Two days age I received a load from us gypsum in gypsum Oh.
My directions say to turn left at first light which is state road. I get there and it doesnt say state, but cr-8. My gps said to turn there but it thinks im in a car not a truck so I have to be careful. Anyway I go to the next light and thats not state, but us 163. Sooooo I go a little further hoping that I will find state only to realize that I made a "little mistake. I go a litttle further and find a driveway for a restaurant and winery and let the cars pass me that are backed up. I slowly pull in and almost tear down the sign with my trailer and realize this was a bigger mistake. I do however get lucky and a little way down I find a large parking lot with plenty of room to turn around. I slowly leave all the while tearing down tree limbs and get back to us 163 and turn right. I go a ways and find a huge krugar parking lot and slowly pull in the car entrance and almost tear the fender off the car with my trailer. (It is really dark in the country by the way).
I pull out my puter and go to google maps and find that I should have turned left on cr-8. Easy enough, I go there turn right and completely pass the street that I need because it's DARK AND i CAN'T SEE A THING THROUGH MY BUG COVERED WINSHIELD. I go a little further and see a little company on a side road that I can turn around in, pull in and start backing up only to have a car pull up behind me. I get out and meet a fellow and he asks me are you looking for gypsum? Of course, but how did he know? He works there and people get lost all the time. Anyway he helps me back out and I almost get stuck in wet grass and mud, tells me where I need to go and say go 25, the sherrif is waiting at the entrance.

This is one for the books for me.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Yarded________

During the days with Winn-Dixie I had occasion to work the yard moving trailers here and there and just about everywhere in between in the name of keeping the payroll people happy as to not accumulate "overtime!"

On one such occasion I witnessed a driver attempting, in vain, to back into a wide open dock. I will admit here that I also had some difficulty in attempting such a feat. Give me a narrow alleyway or trailers stacked row upon row and I could slide a 53 in on the first try however, a wide open space would give me a fit!!!

Anyway, after watching this driver for 30 minutes I drove over, walked up to the cab and asked the driver if I could be of assistance.
The driver looked at me and with a voice like Marge Simpson mixed with Rod Stewart told me "where to go and what to do with myself when I got there!"
I stood there in disbelief but took it in stride walking away and climbing back in to the yard truck, besides I didn't want to get into a fight with a woman whose mustache was thicker than mine!!!

After about a hour of the mayhem the receiving manager wandered out and told the very unhappy driver to drop the trailer and let a yard driver back the trailer in. A bit of a confrontation ensued however, the driver lost but instead of dropping the trailer the driver left the yard never to return.

The receiving manager asked me what had transpired and I had told her everything that had happened. She then asked me to file a complaint against the driver. I just told her no and that I would just add the incident to my "Journal of Never Ending Insanity!"

Old 10-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Senior Board Member

One final attempt to accumulate more windshield time I tried working for a LPG delivery company. The six wheel delivery truck, known as a "bobtail", was a challenge and it did have some unique handling characteristics when loaded and half full. Loading the vehicle was interesting it was not quite like loading a gasoline trailer. A small relief valve had to be opened while the loading took place and when the LPG was at 80% a small cloud of vapour was allowed to escape. I wondered if the EPA was cool with the idea.

House deliveries were interesting at best, backing down "mile" long driveways trying to avoid septic tanks and assorted animals like, llamas, goats, chickens and the such. One house delivery the back of my foot was attacked by a maniacal rooster. I punted his ass across the yard, I thought about using a shot of LPG but didn't want to waste the high priced commodity. My trainer did get knocked down by a very pissed goat. I did try to warn him but the goat got there before I could get the words out. It was rather funny!!!

I will state that I have a whole new respect for rural EMT's, Firefighters and LEO's who have to find homes at night since some folks can't find it necessary to put the address on their mailboxes. Does make for a challenge delivering at night.

I thought I had found a home but the Malady I am afflicted with reared its ugly head and made the thought short term. I thanked the manager and realized it was over!!!

Thus ends a few million miles and 35 years of "Chasing The Horizon!!!"

Last edited by Doctor Who; 10-19-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
Thus ends a few million miles and 35 years of "Chasing The Horizon!!!"
Sorry to here the end of this chapter, but there is still more chapters to write.

So what is next for you Dr. Who?

It may surprise you how much more there is to life then just "Chasing The Horizon."