User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

More fun with: FLYING OBJECTS

A warm September evening and I had just hooked up the hoses to unload at a company store in Rocky Mount, NC. As the unloading ceremony progressed I kept seeing little flying objects circling around one of the stores yard lights.

I will state here that the underground tanks are located near a vacuum and air pump and as anyone may guess an arrogant driver just had to use the vacuum as the gas was flowing into the UST. I asked the driver if he could wait until the unloading was finished and he told me to go "f*** off." It didn't surprise me one bit coming from a "wannabe" gangsta.
The "tough" guy realized he couldn't reach the vacuum until I moved so he decided to sit and wait. That didn't surprise me either until he tried light up a blunt. I told him if he wanted to see his Mama again he better think twice before doing something so ignorant. Again the "f*** off" came out of his mouth.. Still no surprise.

I switched compartments and made sure the flow was going well and checked on the little flying objects. The next thing I hear out of the "gangstas" mouth was "What are you looking at?"
I just told the dude it wasn't him I would waste my time looking at but I was getting concerned with the things flying around the light. The "gangsta" looked up and then asked what they were. I paused for a moment and then told him that the little flying objects were Vampire Bats and they were quite common in that section of Rocky Mount.

I guess the name Vampire Bats upset the "gangsta" cause he started his ride, slammed it in reverse and hauled ass out of the parking lot.

Yes, another fun night in the world of petroleum hauling!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Board Icon

Glad that he didnt pull anything out on ya, Doc. Good thing he doesnt like bats. :P

You will have to excuse me, but the vacuum, and air pump, is that a vacuum you use to vacuum your car, and a regular air pump, for tires?

He was wanting to vacuum out his car? At night? That's odd. :|

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 10-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
You will have to excuse me, but the vacuum, and air pump, is that a vacuum you use to vacuum your car, and a regular air pump, for tires?
Yes and yes!!!

Quote:
He was wanting to vacuum out his car? At night? That's odd.
Why does it surprise you so???
You should try hauling gas at night you will find that quite a few folks find it important to pay $.75 or more to vacuum their rides. Some of them do it just to piss off the gas hauler since the genius who designed the store saw it fit to locate the vacuum and air pump at or near the Underground Storage Tanks!!!!

Oh, one other thing, If one is adventurous enough. Try opening the hatch for the filter and rummage through it. Some interesting things have been found!!!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Board Icon

I can only imagine. :shock:

Keep em coming, Doc. Very much fun to read.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Board Member

More STUPID HUMAN tricks coming soon!!!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Stupid Human Tricks part 1

Several nights back I was unloading at a company store. The set up for this store has an ATM nestled along side the underground storage tanks. No surprise, just damned annoying and yet another challange for a weary petroleum hauler. To make this drop all the more fun is that the vapour recovery has to be doubled hosed. A real thrill as the hoses run alongside the ATM to the rear vapour connection on the trailer.

As I was filling out the paperwork I happened to notice the vapour hoses move. I looked up and saw a woman smoking a cigarette as she approached the ATM. I yelled to her asking if she was out of her mind. She gave me such a hateful look and told me "f*** you!"
Yeah, it did surprise me but took it in stride and I told her she wasn't worth my time...

The woman stormed off and went into the store to complain to the manager. The manager came out with her and asked what had happened and I told him exactly what had transpired. He then turned to the woman and asked her if she was "out of her mind!"
Needless to mention she was quite pissed and demanded the company phone number so, I gave her the number and extention of the person in the "Complaint Department"

The next day there was a drivers meeting and the subject was brought up and I told the "complaint person" my side of the incident. The subject was immediatly dropped with one final sentence: I didn't want to go BOOM because of someone elses ignorance!!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Stupid Human Tricks part two and yes this has an ATM in it also.

After the drivers meeting and waiting two hours for the first gas load I arrived at the designated drop. This place is a real joy the tankers have to back in off the street blindside. Makes for a fun afternoon as the driver tries to back in all the while trying to avoid the gas purchasing traffic trying to enter and leave the establishment.
This store has aquired an ATM and yes, the damn thing is located right where the storage tanks are however, the kiosk is in place the actual ATM had not been installed.

As I backed in I noticed a white Ford Crown Vick parked where I needed to end up to be in line with the tanks. I got out of the truck looked at the car and then walked into the store and asked the Detective if he could move his vehicle, he obliged. As I finished hooking up the hoses I noticed a vagrant climb out of the ATM kiosk. I didn't say anything at first until the guy tried to light a cigarette and I told him if he continued he would be meeting his maker. The vagrant ignored me and continued to attempt his foolish way until the detective came up and grabbed him. As the detective put the guy into the Crown Vick, the question "Are you out of your mind?" came up.
I just shook my head and went about my business as the detective and his "passenger" drove off into the fading sun light.

The store manager came out and asked me if I was scared. I told him it did concern me but it did come as part of the JOB DESCRIPTION!!

Next: THE BIRDS!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Board Icon

So, that's why the Crown Vick was there. Waiting to grasp his prey. :lol:

I understand that smoking is a habit, but is it just me, or are most smokers rude? Not all, but I have come across many smokers that are down right rude.

You would think, that those folks that are accessing the ATM machine would have the sense to know that there are fumes from the gas. :P

Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Page 52 and still going! I had to sign up just to thank everyone for the great stories. If you ever get that book done Doctor Who I'll buy it for sure.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member

THE BIRDS:

Not the Hitchcock film nor the band from the 60's!! (I know, the band spelled their name: Byrds)

I was cruising along US 70 east heading back to the tank farms for my next load of gas/ethenol when I noticed a plowed field and the power lines along side said field littered with birds. I took a quick glance around the truck to see if anyone was close enough that I might scare the unsuspecting motorist if I pulled on the airhorn cord.
There wasn't so, I let out a long blast on the twin horns and the sky turned dark as all the birds took flight. It made for a great photo if I had my camera with me.

As I rolled further east I noticed quite a crowd of vehicles coming up behind me and as the crowd filed by my slow moving truck I noticed numerous white spots on the vehicles.

No one told me I was number "1" so, my "dirty" deed went unnoticed by the motoring public but it sure made for a good laugh for at least a hour or so!!!