User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

A few male drivers are like "wow, a female driver --good for her!" Really respectful and a bit supportful of a female trucker.

When I was a new driver, and asked for help --like spotting me while backing the trailer -- the male drivers I encounter were supportful and offered advice.
Those I encountered at that time were polite and respectful.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Rookie

most men know the difference, its easy to tell the diff.be your self, try to park in the light and keep your doors locked ,if you should have a problem most of us are willing to help you.
SLT
Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Lynn D I always read with great interest these forums about women drivers. personally I think its great that women are getting in to driving more and more! I see lots of them at truck stops, I have parked next to them etc, etc. At no time have I ever heard of or seen any problems with female drivers being harassed or anything else at any truck stops. Occasionally you will get that obnoxious ass on the radio that will give you crap about being a woman, but most of us will shut them down ! I guess what I am trying to relate to you is that its a lot safer out there then you think. All of the above posts are correct in using ones common sense when parking for the night. I even get worried sometimes about where I park because way back in the 80's two men tried to rob me in a very desolate area that I was parked in, thankfully my sixth sense kicked in and I was able to escape without injury but it sure does scare the hell out of you when one is armed with a gun and the other a bowie knife, that could have gotten very ugly if I did not react as quickly as I did. Ever since then I am always very careful where I park.

For the most part you should find that most of us are pretty normal guys out there just trying to make a living. I am the type of driver that would help anyone out there driving a truck if they needed help in an emergency, does not matter who it is its a brotherhood of sorts for me, truckers sticking together for the safety of all of us is a good thing. I know I would intervene if I ever saw anyone being physically attacked for any reason, violence is never the answer! So go out there and make your career a good one and enjoy your job! We all look forward to seeing you ladies out there! Good luck!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnD View Post
I would hope that most of the male drivers would be like big brothers to the female drivers
So... you are advocating for "special treatment" because you're a girl? MOST women that come on here just want to be treated like "equals."

Quote:
And I sure don't mind being "checked out" lol
You don't? Really? Then you MAY still be hung up on YOUR looks!

Maybe you dress too much like "a girl" when you get out of your truck and go into the truckstop. Nothing really WRONG with that... but, don't blame people for looking.

I don't want you to get the wrong impression about me. I'm just looking at the obvious.

I don't really "notice" women truckers. I treat them "equally."

If you ACT like a trucker... you'll be TREATED like a trucker.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Rookie

For starters, always try to pick truck stops that are open 24/7 if at all possible. Since there is generally not enough parking available for trucks, so shut down a bit early in order to find a safe spot.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Rookie

Nice discussion guys. When you join any profession then there should be equality. No men or women. Its good to hear that you are starting trucking. First improve your skills as much as you can. Learn safety tips which are very necessary to keep yourself and others safe.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 AM
Board Regular

Always put your safety first!!! Truck stops 24/7 should be your first choice, I use Rest Stops only in an emergency carry pepper spray or perfume. Also carry wallet in your bra, no purses ever! You can buy like a flat wallet at Walmart that goes around your neck and fits between skin and clothes it works well. Where are you and when are you looking to go out OTR? Are you going to school?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Rookie

I'm speaking for myself only but in my experience, I've never seen anyone hassle women truck drivers. And I've seen a lot more trucker girls these days, which is great
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferry View Post
Nice discussion guys. When you join any profession then there should be equality. No men or women. Its good to hear that you are starting trucking. First improve your skills as much as you can. Learn safety tips which are very necessary to keep yourself and others safe.
No men or women? Are we robots? I dont know about you but I still noticed the difference between a man and a women, even though I dont know why. Women are different, and all are beautiful in their own way, depending on their personality. I will continue to notice them, just understand that they are no better and no worst then any other driver. We should be there to help all drivers, not only those that are different from us men. Noticing is not the problem, its the antagonistic behavior that follows that is the problem. Anyway good luck, and have a safe one.
By the way, can someone explain to me why there is a difference between men and women? I know there is a difference for a reason, but I wouldnt know what it is I am supposed to do with a women except look.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferry View Post
No men or women? Are we robots? I dont know about you but I still noticed the difference between a man and a women, even though I dont know why. Women are different, and all are beautiful in their own way, depending on their personality. I will continue to notice them, just understand that they are no better and no worst then any other driver. We should be there to help all drivers, not only those that are different from us men. Noticing is not the problem, its the antagonistic behavior that follows that is the problem. Anyway good luck, and have a safe one.
By the way, can someone explain to me why there is a difference between men and women? I know there is a difference for a reason, but I wouldnt know what it is I am supposed to do with a women except look.