User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Ladies Be Ware

I have been driving off and on since 2004; therefore, I have taken many showers at various truck stops nationwide. On Saturday evening at approximately 10:45 pm PST at Love's: 157 US-93 South: I-80 exit 352: Wells, NV 89835. I was in the shower room number three in my birthday suit (YES totally nude) brushing my teeth and preparing to get into the shower, when I heard the key turning in the lock and the Manager opened the door! To my horror this creep was standing there staring at me! I asked him what he was doing and screamed at him to get out of there! Loves says it was an isolated accident??? I do not think so!!! My male co driver was in the next shower room number four and this creep did not choose to open his door! The man is approximately 40s or 50s tall gray hair, his name is Gary. I filed a police report on this pervert! He apologized, but come on! I was the only female in the shower and you think I believe it was an accident??? The deputy asked him why he opened my door without knocking and he said he was supposed to be cleaning shower room two? What can you not read??? I was in shower room three! I am just posting this so another female does not experience this horrible invasion of privacy, there is a nice Flying J I would recommend to you right across the street! It is where I will now patronize!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Senior Board Member

OMG .... what a night mare .... !!!!! I bet you were right about him ... a pervert .. you really do put your life on the line just using those showers, with all the germs and crazy people setting outside the showers when you walk out. Never know when one of them are going to follow you to your truck. Guess your gonna have to find a door stop to carry in your bag for now on ... to stop anyone from walking in on you and maybe a can of mace to set on the counter so the next time the door comes open on you - - the next person won't be seeing straight for a while ...

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 04-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl77dar View Post
I have been driving off and on since 2004; therefore, I have taken many showers at various truck stops nationwide. On Saturday evening at approximately 10:45 pm PST at Love's: 157 US-93 South: I-80 exit 352: Wells, NV 89835. I was in the shower room number three in my birthday suit (YES totally nude) brushing my teeth and preparing to get into the shower, when I heard the key turning in the lock and the Manager opened the door! To my horror this creep was standing there staring at me! I asked him what he was doing and screamed at him to get out of there! Loves says it was an isolated accident??? I do not think so!!! My male co driver was in the next shower room number four and this creep did not choose to open his door! The man is approximately 40s or 50s tall gray hair, his name is Gary. I filed a police report on this pervert! He apologized, but come on! I was the only female in the shower and you think I believe it was an accident??? The deputy asked him why he opened my door without knocking and he said he was supposed to be cleaning shower room two? What can you not read??? I was in shower room three! I am just posting this so another female does not experience this horrible invasion of privacy, there is a nice Flying J I would recommend to you right across the street! It is where I will now patronize!!!
I'm not going to say that you are wrong....cuz for damn sure you aren't...BUT....did you have the deadbolt activated? The one that turns only from the inside..and flips the red "occupied" sign over, from the green "vacant" sign? (It's there...I'm certain.) Also....was there a safety latch there....(You know..the little metal one that you flip over, that allows the door to open about 2 inches before it stops)?? Did you have that flipped??

I'm an almost 54 year old man....and I damn sure don't appreciate anyone walking into the shower when I am in there.......period. So....I use all of those things...plus I check out the room itself. If I see anything that looks out of place, I go and get a new shower, and tell them what I see wrong. Just the way I am. I also place the trash can against the door....as well as my "ditty bag"...and the foot stool if there is one. To block the view of those pervs that get down on their knees to look through the vents that some of the doors have in the bottom of them. Again....just me and the way I am.

You did absolutely right getting the cops involved. As the "Manager"........... that POS should have known better.....period. I'm pretty sure that all of the Love's have signs asking you to leave the shower door "OPEN" when you leave, to signify that the room is empty and needs cleaning....but I could be wrong.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Senior Board Member

This has not happened to us or my wife, but we have been taking our showers together. BTW, did you check to see if this guy is a registered sex offender? Did you lodge a complaint with Love's Corp?

Last edited by dle; 04-13-2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason: an after thought
Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
In the fist place, that is the first time I've ever heard of the manager cleaning the showers. I know a number of truck stop chains are doing their best to trim the budget, and reducing the number of people they have to pay, but I have yet to see the manager also be a "latrine orderly". Somehow, I suspect you're right. You were the attraction for him. By any chance, did he have a cell phone in his hand? ("Smile for the camera, please.") You should have poked the end of the handle of your tooth brush into his eye. I'd be amazed if it was an "isolated incident". He's done that before, and plans to do so again. Next time, check the room for cameras. Or cover everything with hair spray and fog up his lense for him.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Senior Board Member

The Home Security Superstore - Portable Alarms – Mobile Alarm Devices for Travel
Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Board Icon

Except for the "DOOR BAR", I don't see much point to the rest of them. At least, that one can make it much harder to force the door open. The rest, just throw them in some water, and they'll be permanently silenced.

But, the thought did cross my mind that employees in motels have been known to put concealed cameras in the rooms so they could watch female guests. It was not all that many years ago that I heard about the last one getting caught. With that in mind, how much easier would it be for the MANAGER to have them installed in the showers... Just for the women. And, the way technology has advanced, today, they are smaller, better, and more difficult to find than they were a few years ago.

Yeah, I really am glad I'm retired.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Board Regular

The Loves had no deadbolts for door! I never intend to stop back there! NEVER!!! The LOVES Administration apologized big WHIZ!!! It did not make me feel any better! I did tell them they need to install deadbolts though!!! I can laugh at it now, but I surely would like to kick him in his precious family jewels!!! LOL
Old 04-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
The Loves had no deadbolts for door! I never intend to stop back there! NEVER!!! The LOVES Administration apologized big WHIZ!!! It did not make me feel any better! I did tell them they need to install deadbolts though!!! I can laugh at it now, but I surely would like to kick him in his precious family jewels!!! LOL
haha was it worth his time for what he saw
Old 04-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

(haha was it worth his time for what he saw ) mitch01 .... was that suppose to be funny ???????

Would you think it was funny if someone opened a door on purpose like that to .... maybe a wife, or mother or sister of yours ... if you have any of the above ! Apparently the male ( you notice I didn't call him a man ) that put his job on the line felt She was worth it. And he has to be mentally sick too !!! Living on the hwy is dangerous for anyone, but being a woman - that add's to the risk of otr trucking. Sorry if I come across to harsh ... but I understand life on the hwy and the risk woman take trying to make a good living for their family.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'