User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool A prayer....answered!

I've missed being in here, so I had to share some good news with my fellow drivers..

For months, now, I've been considered "unemployable" due to an erroneous charge on my DAC. I didn't have the money or the know-how to get it removed. There's a place in the Bible where King Jehoshaphat (sp?) cries out to the Lord, "We don't know what to do, but our eyes are on You!" I found myself praying that very un-eloquent prayer.

I'm so glad I don't have to "impress" Him for Him to answer...which He sent through a prophet: "I will vindicate you." I didn't even know what that word meant. Until now.

I just got a phone call from the company, letting me know that they're actively working on removing what they now agree was erroneous information!!!!

I'LL BE ROLLIN' IN DOUGH AGAIN IN NO TIME!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Ahem...
It'll be good to once more have "Pride in my Ride"! And yes, I'll still want my window thingy for my new truck!!
Thanks to those who stuck by me during a very dark time...I appreciate the kindness.
Jewels
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Jewels ... first let me say ... AMEN . I was just having this same kind of conversation with a good friend early today. About looking up to your Creator / God ... he'll never forsake you. All you have to do is Ask and Believe ............ acourse it doesn't hurt if your trying to be loving and kind to others in the mean time .. The old say " what goes around - comes around " ... I'm a total beleiver. I'm so happy for you ... you'll be rollin before you know. Watch our truckers ...... Jewels back on the road again.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 07-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Board Regular

I'm glad to hear that there are Christian drivers on the road. Although I am not an OTR driver, I am a street sweeper operator who also faces some tough times on the job. Sometimes people turn in front of me because they're in such a rush, and at times people will give me the middle finger. It used to make me very angry, but ever since I've started trusting the Lord and trying to live my life the way He wants me to live, He has strenghtened me so that it no longer even bothers me when others are so mean. In fact, I even PRAY for them that God will forgive them and change their evil ways like He has mine.
Sometimes I still get a little irritated at times but I learn not to judge and I usually get over it quickly. I'm sure all you OTR drivers face these same problems as well; people flipping you the bird, irresponsible drivers cutting you off, pulling out in front of you, etc. I would hate to be out on the road if God did not have my back... :X
Old 07-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Glad to hear it. I don't know what was on your DAC, but I don't have any doubt that there is more than just one driver that has something that really does not belong there. I don't know what crossed someone's mind to help you get rid of it, but I'm glad to hear someone is doing something. Let us know when you're rolling again.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Board Regular
Default A LOT can change in a year, Hon...

Wow..This is a year old thread...and it's amazing how much has changed since then. I recognized the thread, upon reading the title, and felt a twinge of sadness at recognizing how deeply betrayed I felt when nothing good ever came of that situation. Talk about prayers being answered by crickets chirping....
Just got a copy of the DAC---still says I ran a truck off the road. So, nothing's changed there, but I no longer believe that anyone's listening when we pray. Period.
Two reasons come to mind for the resurrection of this rather unpleasant reminder of how deeply I once hoped someone was:
1. This drivel helped to tighten the noose of religion around someone's neck, and that person wanted to thank me for it. Please forgive me for doing that to you. I hope we wake up in time. And/or...
2. Someone felt that my more recent posts that indicate that I no longer believe the bible is much more than a book of alchemical parables that explain the process of raising one's Kundalini thought he would remind me of my earlier position.
Old threads should stay dead.
Jewels
P.S. Don't worry, Roses, I won't be threatenin' folks wif my drivin', anymore! lol
Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Board Regular

Thank God! Please keep Sylvia and David in prayer, my son and I as we are actively seeking a better company to work for as team drivers! Thank you! God is great and greatly to be praised in the last two months here are the 3 miracles I personally have witnessed! (1) a woman with a stroke on right side and paralyzed body completely healed and did not have to go to Rehab but released to go home! (2) a two year old child healed of leukemia!!! then last week a friend had a stroke and while he was being transported to the hospital God completely healed him! Thank God for His wonderful healing mercies!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

wow syl77dar .. that's amazing .. consider it done ... !! Be sure and keep us updated on your search for another company. Good luck.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 01-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Rookie

Oh my so sad, I am deeply moved and the only thing I can think to say to you is "For I know the plans that I have for you to give you a future and a hope", also "be still and know that I am God".
2 years ago I was given the keys to a truck, at the same time there was a little blizzard going on in Omaha over Christmas time and I needed to get my first load up to Roseau MN by 7:00 the next morning. But it was 3:00 in the afternoon and I had been up all day and I forgot to start my clock. So here I was needing to drive all night. Well I was too chicken to even attempt it and knowing I just needed to step out in faith and trust as I had been doing for the last 4 months as a student. I just gave up turned in my keys and couldn't run back home for 2 days because of the snow storm so I was shut in a hotel all by myself, over Christmas. Met wonderful people at Sapp Bros though and now 2 years later I am still scared silly but I want to try and team with my husband. Anyway not sure when yet but I just want ya to know I'll be praying for you JewelsNtools. There is perfect timing in everything.