User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

One of the problems now days is-- I was holding a door open for a woman one time.. She said thankyou --her voice was sweet.. I said your welcome mame, to which she replied "I am not a woman" :shock: :?

She was a woman, though not the prettiest, none the less she was a she..

As for complements, I see nothing wrong with them. But sadly this day and age, you have to make sure that they are informed it is nothing more than a complement..
When I am told a complement, and I know not the person. I personaly tend to think that there is something more.. Is this because I am man, or is there some type of insecurity due to age or knowing I'm ugly. :lol: I don't know!

If I know the person, I take it for what it is... But then again, if someone is all over me, I can't see it--but the wife can. :shock:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 01-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

One good thing you can do is practice on a dog, because they mostly smile and wag their tail, and this will build your confidence.

But when you give a compliment to a person...

"ohhh yer sooo cute...yes you are...ohhh yes you are!"

might not have the same effect. ...just sayin' :?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo
I held the door for an older lady one time and in a loud voice she told me "I don't need you to hold a door open for me" My lovely and talented wife told her in a louder voice that "He doesn't know any better, He's a gentleman"
One thing that really bothers me in this day and age of feminism, is when a woman will almost feel offended when a man tries to do something nice for her. Men like to feel needed. I will always thank someone for holding the door for me. I will let my man help me fix things even though I can do it myself, because it makes him feel important.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
One good thing you can do is practice on a dog, because they mostly smile and wag their tail, and this will build your confidence.

But when you give a compliment to a person...

"ohhh yer sooo cute...yes you are...ohhh yes you are!"

might not have the same effect. ...just sayin' :?

Did you try scratching her behind the ears when you say it?
Old 01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I confess I'm not much for giving compliments to either sex if I don't know them fairly well, as I don't wish to been seen as doing a "come on" or whatever, BUT I have witnessed my gorgeous daughter smile & flirt in ways that make ANY many a man, young or old, follow her & pant for more...she is happliy married with usually 2 kids in tow... I must confess it is fun to watch a master...LOL

But, on the other hand, if I do know the person, I will give compliments & flirt to a point. But, everyone knows where I stand. I like nothing better than to watch a man blush! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matter of fact I managed to make our young dispatcher do same just before New Year's... :lol: I left for Yellowknife on the 28th, so knew I wouldn't see the group till after New Year's so I simply walked into the dispatch office & threw my arms around him, told him how nice he smelled (cause he has the most WONDERFUL cologne ) & wished him Happy New Year! The rest of the guys got a big laugh out of it...he blushed like a school girl! All in good fun! rest of them asked what is was like to be hugged up by a truck driver (I'm the one & only gal where I work)! He laughed & saide "thank God it was you"...pointing at me!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 01-04-2008, 03:23 AM
Board Icon

Here in Northern Michigan it is more of a general compliment, because you can't tell the men and women apart.
The compliments are usually,...Nice fish eh?
Or...nice Deer strike, good yob I tink, not too much meat damaged, eh? :?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

know the feeling roadhog....hmmm is that a man or a woman under all those layers.

Worked with a group once who never, ever saw me out of a pair of grimy coveralls & a hard hat...my long blonde hair was always encased in a hoody protecting me from the incessant wind. Then in the spring the push wondered who let a woman onto the lease (apparently there was some superstion about that), I laughed & said I'd been there all winter! I had been driving the water truck...funny took me a long time to convince them I'd been there all along in that shacked parked in the corner! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 01-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Senior Board Member

roadhog ..
Quote:
You slap him first and say "I want you to pay attention."
Then slap him again...to clear his mind.

Tell him your compliment...then slap him even harder... because you know he only heard what he wanted to hear.

Before he recovers...slap him a couple more times...just to be sure.
You crack me up dude .... oupsssss 8) I hope that isn't taken the wrong way ... :lol: :lol:

Seriously ~ if a Man opens the door for me - which is almost always at a TS ... I kindly look the man in the eyes and say .. 'Wow, there's still a Gentleman around, thank you" .. it always puts a smile on their face. I have no problem expressing my sincere 'thanks' for anything they may do ~ even if I have to ask for their assistance ... And if I am pulled toward their aftershave .. and it turns my head 8) .. I will ask them what their wearing and tell them it's very nice. Never have I ever had a problem with any Man ... once I've given a compliment. It's done without flirting and I don't believe they take it that way either... Men need to know their appreciated and look nice just as woman do ... :wink: ... I'm just being myself ... besides ... no one ever takes me serious anyway :lol: :lol:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

me too Roses, I was raised in an era when Men were...well MEN!

They openend doors for women, offered to help carry your groceries to your car, etc. I STILL appreciate all of that & STILL thank them kindly when they do!