Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Compliments and Men (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/31538-compliments-men.html)

mommee 12-30-2007 01:37 PM

Compliments and Men

How do you give a man a compliment without him thinking that you are interested in him or are hitting on him? It seems if you want to say something nice about their clothes or looks, they usually end up getting the wrong idea.

Before gears start turning, I am just asking a general question. There are many men here. I would like your opinion, as well as the females, of course.

okay, now it says "clothes" :wink: :lol:

Fredog 12-30-2007 02:16 PM

Re: Compliments and Men

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommee
How do you give a man a compliment without him thinking that you are interested in him or are hitting on him? unless he is a friend or relativeYOU DONT It seems if you want to say something nice about their dress or looks, they usually end up getting the wrong idea.

Before gears start turning, I am just asking a general question. There are many men here. I would like your opinion, as well as the females, of course.

Ridge Runner 12-30-2007 04:44 PM

That's just a chance that you'll take and it works BOTH ways.

Roadhog 12-30-2007 05:04 PM

You slap him first and say "I want you to pay attention."
Then slap him again...to clear his mind.

Tell him your compliment...then slap him even harder... because you know he only heard what he wanted to hear. :?

Before he recovers...slap him a couple more times...just to be sure.

Then ask him if he is okay and did he understand you. If he smiles...then you need to follow through and put your back into those slaps more. :?

mommee 12-30-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
That's just a chance that you'll take and it works BOTH ways.

You're right. OMG, a woman admits a man is right :oops: . I am guilty of thinking the same thing when someone pays me a compliment.

Roadhog-I'll try that next time. When are you in town? :lol:

Orangetxguy 12-30-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhog
You slap him first and say "I want you to pay attention."
Then slap him again...to clear his mind.

Tell him your compliment...then slap him even harder... because you know he only heard what he wanted to hear. :?

Before he recovers...slap him a couple more times...just to be sure.

Then ask him if he is okay and did he understand you. If he smiles...slap him some more. :?

LOL... :shock: :shock: what happens if she be slappin one of them guy's what enjoy's it??? :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ridge Runner 12-30-2007 05:24 PM

Re: Compliments and Men

Quote:

How do you give a man a compliment without him thinking that you are interested in him or are hitting on him? It seems if you want to say something nice about their dress or looks, they usually end up getting the wrong idea.

Just a thought......but you might be asking the wrong group here. :lol:

mommee 12-30-2007 05:30 PM

I'm definitely asking the right group. You guys will give me honest answers, being "guys".

And now I will pay all of you a compliment. All of you have behaved like quite the gentleman towards me and I thank you for it.

Roadhog 12-30-2007 05:32 PM

should I slap myself? :?

Ridge Runner 12-30-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

I'm definitely asking the right group. You guys will give me honest answers, being "guys".

And now I will pay all of you a compliment. All of you have behaved like quite the gentleman towards me and I thank you for it.

Cool! So how about a hooter shot? :mrgreen: :twisted: ( Just kidding )